Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 756 757 [758] 759 760 ... 1086

Author Topic: Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A roaming horde appears on the horizon!  (Read 1862199 times)

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - Now you're thinking with Portals
« Reply #11355 on: April 05, 2014, 10:35:10 am »

Can someone help me mod in Twinkies?

Just copy the raws for something like cake(in data/jsons/comestibles.json, I think), then start changing values. I haven't bothered with Cataclysm for a short while, so I can't give much more help than that.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #11356 on: April 05, 2014, 11:34:21 am »

Ok, thanks.

Also, the Rocky reference is in the description for the "sports novel". If you ever get your paws on one (or just debug one in), make sure you read the description.
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
« Reply #11357 on: April 05, 2014, 01:20:13 pm »

So since Tawarochir was incredulous about Kenji's survivability, I thought I would show a screenshot of his current inventory.
Pretty much everything he has right now is carried at all times btw :P

Spoiler:  Its a lot of stuff (click to show/hide)
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #11358 on: April 06, 2014, 05:50:43 am »

I'm having problems using any non-native tilesets in the latest experimental. Something about 'not being able to open tile info json'.

E: nevermind. Seems like the pathing to the tilesets was modified to require changing the path to /gfx/[TILESET]-STUFF instead of just [TILESET]-STUFF, and the tileset makers changed it to fit that, then it got reverted. All you need to do is go in the txt file in the tileset folder and remove the gfx/ at the beginning.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2014, 07:50:13 am by scrdest »
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

mosshadow

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11359 on: April 06, 2014, 01:32:32 pm »

This is a fun game that I am just starting at. Should I turn NPCs on? Im doing it without them right now and its kinda lonely, I cant find much about them and how they work other than the one that starts in the shelter as being drop dead stupid.

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #11360 on: April 06, 2014, 02:00:50 pm »

This is a fun game that I am just starting at. Should I turn NPCs on? Im doing it without them right now and its kinda lonely, I cant find much about them and how they work other than the one that starts in the shelter as being drop dead stupid.
NPC's are fairly crash free in a lot of ways now (though they still cause them occasionally) but their AI is still really, really, stupid. If you do decide to turn them on then I'd suggest just turning on the static shelter one for now, but it's kinda up to personal preference (I do highly suggest turning on the autosave if you are playing with them though).

Also welcome to the Cataclysm! :D
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

mosshadow

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11361 on: April 06, 2014, 02:54:25 pm »

NPC's are fairly crash free in a lot of ways now (though they still cause them occasionally) but their AI is still really, really, stupid. If you do decide to turn them on then I'd suggest just turning on the static shelter one for now, but it's kinda up to personal preference (I do highly suggest turning on the autosave if you are playing with them though).

Also welcome to the Cataclysm! :D
Ok, But I heard the one inside the shelter will steal your stuff so wouldnt it be better to use the ones outside?

Cheedows

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a dwarf, right?
    • View Profile
« Reply #11362 on: April 06, 2014, 03:09:40 pm »

They can cause crashes sometimes, and yeah. NPCS are extremely idiotic and borderline suicidal, as of now you'll probably have a friend companion live for about a day tops and they'll be dead. At worst they'll randomly be aggressive and kill you, or simply disappear.

puke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11363 on: April 06, 2014, 07:17:26 pm »

Is there any intention to overhaul the inventory system? 

So that you could, for example, load a bunch of items into a container and then easily drop that bag or container when you wanted to fight or run... and then pick it up again when things settle down?

And while I'm daydreaming, something besides individual characters for each item would be nice.

puke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11364 on: April 06, 2014, 07:21:53 pm »

If you want to quickly drop a lot of items, or want to unencumber yourself for combat without going over your storage limit - you can drop a worn container along with the items you are dropping, thus removing the time-unit cost for dropping those items. The container, or containers, have to be able to fit the items you are dropping, but only those that can't fit will "spill over" and actually take extra time to drop.

So, while you can't literally drop a duffel bag full of items, like you can do with a pack in DF, you can drop a duffel bag along with items that would be in it, and the game will treat it as if you've dropped just the duffel bag.

Wow, nice.  Disregard my post above, sounds like this is in the works and is already partially implemented.  Will have to keep this in mind.  This and shopping carts.

beorn080

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11365 on: April 06, 2014, 07:50:59 pm »

If you want to quickly drop a lot of items, or want to unencumber yourself for combat without going over your storage limit - you can drop a worn container along with the items you are dropping, thus removing the time-unit cost for dropping those items. The container, or containers, have to be able to fit the items you are dropping, but only those that can't fit will "spill over" and actually take extra time to drop.

So, while you can't literally drop a duffel bag full of items, like you can do with a pack in DF, you can drop a duffel bag along with items that would be in it, and the game will treat it as if you've dropped just the duffel bag.

Wow, nice.  Disregard my post above, sounds like this is in the works and is already partially implemented.  Will have to keep this in mind.  This and shopping carts.
Say. Would it be possible to use the folding bike code to be able to activate duffel bags to make them a draggable object ala shopping cart? So you could activate a duffel bag, load it down with stuff, then drag it along and let go at the first sign of trouble, in addition to dropping all your junk carried in the two duffels on you? Also, that could possibly add in wearable wheeled backpacks, for when you want a bit of extra space on the return trip but don't want to drag something out behind you all the way.
Ustxu Iceraped the Frigid Crystal of Slaughter was a glacier titan. It was the only one of its kind. A gigantic feathered carp composed of crystal glass. It has five mouths full of treacherous teeth, enormous clear wings, and ferocious blue eyes. Beware its icy breath! Ustxu was associated with oceans, glaciers, boats, and murder.

Blaze

• Bay Watcher
  • The Chaos that Crawls up on you with a Smile.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11366 on: April 06, 2014, 08:07:00 pm »

It is, if you alter the folding bike's entry in vehicles.json, it'll pop out that way.

The problem is that it's locked to the folding bike. You'll need to get into the code to do that.

mosshadow

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11367 on: April 06, 2014, 08:29:42 pm »

Has anyone noticed that the roads are sometimes mined or trapped ? Is that supposed to be from abstracted NPC actions?

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #11368 on: April 06, 2014, 09:06:54 pm »

Is there any intention to overhaul the inventory system? 

So that you could, for example, load a bunch of items into a container and then easily drop that bag or container when you wanted to fight or run... and then pick it up again when things settle down?

And while I'm daydreaming, something besides individual characters for each item would be nice.
There are plans to eventually have working containers (but it's still a fair ways off AFAIK).

As for the individual characters comment there, would you clarify? I'm not quite sure what you are asking about.
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

Blaze

• Bay Watcher
  • The Chaos that Crawls up on you with a Smile.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11369 on: April 06, 2014, 09:08:06 pm »

Has anyone noticed that the roads are sometimes mined or trapped ? Is that supposed to be from abstracted NPC actions?
Those are random events.

They can appear anywhere really; that's why I recommend a minimum perception of 10.
Pages: 1 ... 756 757 [758] 759 760 ... 1086