Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 752 753 [754] 755 756 ... 1086

Author Topic: Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A roaming horde appears on the horizon!  (Read 1862049 times)

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
Re: Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - Version 0.A "Kaufman" released!
« Reply #11295 on: March 31, 2014, 02:54:51 pm »

The RPC was one of my favorite weapons in Cortex Command. So what if it's slow to reload, inaccurate, and prone to murderizing you instead of the enemy if you shoot it indoors - it's a freaking rocket propelled chainsaw, and that's all that matters. ^_^
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #11296 on: March 31, 2014, 04:19:52 pm »

I don't know why, but whenever I take a stimulant (especially Adderall!) this track pops into my head, as I picture my character's eyes widening, pupils dilating, and them beginning to uncontrollably shudder with POWER.

From Super Mario 64.
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

Farce

• Bay Watcher
  • muttermutterbabble
    • View Profile
« Reply #11297 on: March 31, 2014, 11:32:45 pm »

Rocket chainsaws
Chainsaw ninja stars
Chainsaw lajatang fuuma shuriken
Rocket claw chainsaw
Buzzsaw gun
God.  Yes, please.

azmodean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11298 on: April 01, 2014, 12:06:00 am »

We're planning on having a "wacky weapons" mod, so yea, the resistance to having this kind of thing included is less since it can default to off now.
I don't think Jesus died from thorns being pushed into his brain. RTFA

ed boy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11299 on: April 01, 2014, 10:32:24 am »

So I've recently redownloaded cataclysm, having not played it since January 2013, and it's going awesome so far, but there is one thing that's bugging me - all the items have a price listed, but I can't find any purchasing system. It is something I've missed, or it is useless? (I generated the world with NPCs disabled, by the way).

Also, is there anything that's been added in the bast year and a bit that I would need to know about?

Funk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11300 on: April 01, 2014, 10:52:41 am »

Some npc will trade with you, the prices thay offer and give are far from the listed ones those.
Agree, plus that's about the LAST thing *I* want to see from this kind of game - author spending valuable development time on useless graphics.

Unofficial slogan of Bay 12 Games.  

Death to the false emperor a warhammer40k SG

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #11301 on: April 01, 2014, 12:02:56 pm »

So I've recently redownloaded cataclysm, having not played it since January 2013, and it's going awesome so far, but there is one thing that's bugging me - all the items have a price listed, but I can't find any purchasing system. It is something I've missed, or it is useless? (I generated the world with NPCs disabled, by the way).

Also, is there anything that's been added in the bast year and a bit that I would need to know about?
The price system right now is really base, NPC traders and vending machines are about the only things that use it right now.

Here's the (extremely simplified and cut down) changelog for the last year or so. For chronological order start with the .5 changes at the bottom and work upwards.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
As you can see a lot has changed, and we're averaging around 1000 changes to the code every month as well (some big, some small), meaning that we have an incredibly rapid development pace with new features added. (We already have over 1600 changes between the .A stable and the experimental, some of them with cool new features not listed in the above changelog).
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

ed boy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11302 on: April 01, 2014, 02:16:01 pm »

A couple other things I've noticed:

Is it just me, or is it really hard to get lots of warm clothes? I've had my character completely covered, often with two layers everywhere, and I still got told that everything is chilly.

Has vehicle spawn reliability been changed? I recall vehicles being a lot harder to find and a lot more likely to work, but now it seems that vehicles are really easy to find, but I've yet to find one that works.

Farce

• Bay Watcher
  • muttermutterbabble
    • View Profile
« Reply #11303 on: April 01, 2014, 02:33:08 pm »

It used to be that cars only really spawned in like, parking lots, and even then only sometimes, but now streets spawn clogged up with wrecked cars and cars that've run out of gas and such, if that's what you mean.

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11304 on: April 01, 2014, 02:35:06 pm »

Working cars are still hard to find. You'll likely need to hit up a garage for tools and cannibalize broken cars.

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11305 on: April 01, 2014, 02:38:15 pm »

I recently received a C&D I wanted to share with everyone so they know what is up. We want you to know we'll be working through this, and rebranding if neccesary. The team will probably not be disbanded, but the site will be down and the game unavailable until we work out the details.

Dear Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead Development Team,
This law firm represents Blizzard Entertainment, Inc. If you are represented by legal counsel, please direct this letter to your attorney immediately and have your attorney notify us of such representation.
We are writing to notify you that Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead's unlawful use of the CATACLYSM(TM) name in advertising and marketing your product infringes upon our client’s exclusive trademarks. Accordingly, you are hereby directed to
CEASE AND DESIST ALL TRADEMARK INFRINGEMENT.
Blizzard Entertainment, Inc. is the owner of a copyright in various aspects of WORLD OF WARCRAFT:CATACLYSM(TM) and CATACLYSM(TM). Under copyright law, Blizzard Entertainment, Inc.'s copyrights have been in effect since the date that  WORLD OF WARCRAFT: CATACLYSM(TM) was created.
It has come to our attention that you have been copying CATACLYSM(TM) designs, music, logo, etc. We have copies of your unlawful copies to preserve as evidence. Your actions constitute copyright infringement in violation of United States copyright laws. Under 17 U.S.C. 504, the consequences of copyright infringement include statutory damages of between $750 and $30,000 per work, at the discretion of the court, and damages of up to $150,000 per work for willful infringement. If you continue to engage in copyright infringement after receiving this letter, your actions will be evidence of “willful infringement.”
We demand that you immediately (A) cease and desist your unlawful copying of CATACLYSM(TM) designs, music, logo, etc and (B) provide us with prompt written assurance within ten (10) days that you will cease and desist from further infringement of Blizzard Entertainment, Inc.'s copyrighted works.
If you do not comply with this cease and desist demand within this time period, Blizzard Entertainment, Inc. is entitled to use your failure to comply as evidence of “willful infringement” and seek monetary damages and equitable relief for your copyright infringement. In the event you fail to meet this demand, please be advised that Blizzard Entertainment, Inc. has asked us to communicate to you that it will contemplate pursuing all available legal remedies, including seeking monetary damages, injunctive relief, and an order that you pay court costs and attorney’s fees. Your liability and exposure under such legal action could be considerable.
Before taking these steps, however, my client wished to give you one opportunity to discontinue your illegal conduct by complying with this demand within ten (10) days. Accordingly, please sign and return the attached Agreement within ten (10) days to
TRADEMARK & COPYRIGHT COUNSEL, BLIZZARD ENTERTAINMENT, INC.
55 Bridgefield Parkway
Redmond, US-WA
If you or your attorney have any questions, please contact me directly.
Sincerely,
April Fools.

Glloyd

• Bay Watcher
  • Against the Tide
    • View Profile

Whyyyyyyy!  :'(
« Last Edit: April 01, 2014, 02:45:15 pm by Glloyd »

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I'll post more info when I can.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2014, 02:45:44 pm by GlyphGryph »

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I recently received a C&D I wanted to share with everyone so they know what is up. We want you to know we'll be working through this, and rebranding if neccesary. The team will probably not be disbanded, but the site will be down and the game unavailable until we work out the details.

Dear Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead Development Team,
This law firm represents Blizzard Entertainment, Inc. If you are represented by legal counsel, please direct this letter to your attorney immediately and have your attorney notify us of such representation.
We are writing to notify you that Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead's unlawful use of the CATACLYSM(TM) name in advertising and marketing your product infringes upon our client’s exclusive trademarks. Accordingly, you are hereby directed to
CEASE AND DESIST ALL TRADEMARK INFRINGEMENT.
Blizzard Entertainment, Inc. is the owner of a copyright in various aspects of WORLD OF WARCRAFT:CATACLYSM(TM) and CATACLYSM(TM). Under copyright law, Blizzard Entertainment, Inc.'s copyrights have been in effect since the date that  WORLD OF WARCRAFT: CATACLYSM(TM) was created.
It has come to our attention that you have been copying CATACLYSM(TM) designs, music, logo, etc. We have copies of your unlawful copies to preserve as evidence. Your actions constitute copyright infringement in violation of United States copyright laws. Under 17 U.S.C. 504, the consequences of copyright infringement include statutory damages of between $750 and $30,000 per work, at the discretion of the court, and damages of up to $150,000 per work for willful infringement. If you continue to engage in copyright infringement after receiving this letter, your actions will be evidence of “willful infringement.”
We demand that you immediately (A) cease and desist your unlawful copying of CATACLYSM(TM) designs, music, logo, etc and (B) provide us with prompt written assurance within ten (10) days that you will cease and desist from further infringement of Blizzard Entertainment, Inc.'s copyrighted works.
If you do not comply with this cease and desist demand within this time period, Blizzard Entertainment, Inc. is entitled to use your failure to comply as evidence of “willful infringement” and seek monetary damages and equitable relief for your copyright infringement. In the event you fail to meet this demand, please be advised that Blizzard Entertainment, Inc. has asked us to communicate to you that it will contemplate pursuing all available legal remedies, including seeking monetary damages, injunctive relief, and an order that you pay court costs and attorney’s fees. Your liability and exposure under such legal action could be considerable.
Before taking these steps, however, my client wished to give you one opportunity to discontinue your illegal conduct by complying with this demand within ten (10) days. Accordingly, please sign and return the attached Agreement within ten (10) days to
TRADEMARK & COPYRIGHT COUNSEL, BLIZZARD ENTERTAINMENT, INC.
55 Bridgefield Parkway
Redmond, US-WA
If you or your attorney have any questions, please contact me directly.
Sincerely,
April Fools.

I just want everyone to know that this is probably all just a big misunderstanding, and we're going to work it out. We'll do whatever needs to be done.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2014, 02:46:43 pm by GlyphGryph »

Glloyd

• Bay Watcher
  • Against the Tide
    • View Profile

Such a shame  :'(
Pages: 1 ... 752 753 [754] 755 756 ... 1086