Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 742 743 [744] 745 746 ... 1086

Author Topic: Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A roaming horde appears on the horizon!  (Read 1861603 times)

Endymion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - Version 0.A "Kaufman" released!
« Reply #11145 on: March 22, 2014, 08:14:59 pm »

Well its still better than having to deal with Skelk.
Watching Wizard of Oz while listening to Dark Side of the Moon on shuffle.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #11146 on: March 22, 2014, 08:48:25 pm »

ZOOSE?!

WE'RE ALL GOING TO DIE!

AAAAAAAAAARGH

One time, I made a hippie who took a nap in his car and died coming out in the morning when a moose cornered him.

I evolved my Shelgon into a Salamence today and "redefined death". Then you people come out with this and blow mine out of the water.
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

Akhier the Dragon hearted

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #11147 on: March 22, 2014, 10:30:16 pm »

I assume it would but if I kill a fungal spire will the fungaloids stop raining down? I found a bit of land which is basically an island in a river except for a small bit of connecting land. Also are fungaloids supposed to be able to stand on deep water? I saw some and while the spores I assume can float or something I question the grown up doing it. I will note I am still using the stable version.

Edit: oh and I assume a jackhammer can break the reinforced glass in a mil bunker (if it can't tell me) but can the jackhammer deal with metal walls and or metal doors? I don't have any mil passes left and no explosives.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2014, 10:33:11 pm by Akhier the Dragon hearted »
Join us. The crazy is at a perfect temperature today.
So it seems I accidentally put my canteen in my wheelbarrow and didn't notice... and then I got really thirsty... so right before going to sleep I go to take a swig from my canteen and... end up snorting a line of low-grade meth.

Steelmagic

• Bay Watcher
  • Insanity makes everything fun!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11148 on: March 22, 2014, 10:31:16 pm »

Move over Zombears. The new experimental has.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

God help us all.
When i say "I'm no expert but..." It means "I have no idea what the hell I'm talking about but I'm going to try to sound like i do."

Ivefan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11149 on: March 23, 2014, 03:23:46 am »

Edit: oh and I assume a jackhammer can break the reinforced glass in a mil bunker (if it can't tell me) but can the jackhammer deal with metal walls and or metal doors? I don't have any mil passes left and no explosives.
Yeah, Jackhammer can break any wall as far as i know.

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #11150 on: March 23, 2014, 03:29:40 am »

Good to know. Now I just need to find a 1-cylinder engine and I can make one.
So it seems I accidentally put my canteen in my wheelbarrow and didn't notice... and then I got really thirsty... so right before going to sleep I go to take a swig from my canteen and... end up snorting a line of low-grade meth.

KA101

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11151 on: March 23, 2014, 03:36:17 am »

I assume it would but if I kill a fungal spire will the fungaloids stop raining down? I found a bit of land which is basically an island in a river except for a small bit of connecting land. Also are fungaloids supposed to be able to stand on deep water? I saw some and while the spores I assume can float or something I question the grown up doing it. I will note I am still using the stable version.

Whacking the spire will start draining the spawn pool, yeah.  It'll take a while though, so feel free to help it along and kill fungus yourself.  Fungaloids *on* Deep Water sounds like a bug; I'm not sure whether they need to breathe.  If they don't, then *under* deep water is OK.

And small relics are an NPC fetch-quest item.  If you've NPCs about, keep a few just in case.  Otherwise, they've no special function.

The13thRonin

• Bay Watcher
  • Profession: Handsome Rogue
    • View Profile
« Reply #11152 on: March 23, 2014, 03:55:57 am »

Is fixing NPCs to the point where they're enabled by default and part of the main game on the agenda?
I'm Digging Deeper... AGAIN... You Should Too!

Dig Deeper DIAMOND - 750+ items of new content including; new plants, new creatures, new metals, new woods, new gems, new stones, new crafts and much, much more.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #11153 on: March 23, 2014, 04:21:33 am »

Is fixing NPCs to the point where they're enabled by default and part of the main game on the agenda?

Yep. I actually think they are working on it about now.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

bertix

• Bay Watcher
  • Sanity is over-rated.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11154 on: March 23, 2014, 08:40:58 am »

It doesn't link to a download, just this http://www.ge.tt/#!/notification/2Gk4dNS1/remote for me. Also, WinRAR will work just as good as 7-zip, I just think it's the site itself not completely DLing the file.

The best I can offer right now is http://www.sendspace.com/file/z9uykh, hopefully this works.
Set phasers to tsun.

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
« Reply #11155 on: March 23, 2014, 08:56:12 am »

Good to know. Now I just need to find a 1-cylinder engine and I can make one.
I know that a pickaxe can drill through common walls, it should be part of any lab-delving equipment set.

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #11156 on: March 23, 2014, 02:14:24 pm »

Is there a special way to use a pickaxe or jackhammer? Because if its just smashing a wall then a pickaxe (the one pawnshop I found was amazing) doesn't work on mil bunkers reinforced glass.

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #11157 on: March 23, 2014, 02:51:18 pm »

You activate them and then pick an adjacent wall IIRC.
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #11158 on: March 23, 2014, 02:52:52 pm »

Well good to know I guess

Ivefan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11159 on: March 23, 2014, 03:15:32 pm »

Speaking of jackhammers. Are they supposed to cause a mess when removing internal walls? Wanted to make a new door but it just made a bunch piles of rubble which i couldn't remove and broke Line of sight.
Pages: 1 ... 742 743 [744] 745 746 ... 1086