Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 728 729 [730] 731 732 ... 1086

Author Topic: Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A roaming horde appears on the horizon!  (Read 1861620 times)

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
Re: Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - Version 0.A "Kaufman" released!
« Reply #10935 on: March 15, 2014, 06:02:10 am »

(a)ctivate the oil bottle?

Hmm...as long as that doesn't make my character try to drink it, that might work.
Got that bug as well. I thought it was because the bottle had only 400 units when the lamp's capacity is 800. I got around it by 'U'nloading the bottle, and choosing the lamp as the destination container.

Actually, I didn't know there was another option, myself :3
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

Sharp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10936 on: March 15, 2014, 06:41:00 am »

Always good to check items to see if they have quench/nutrition stats, if they have you can eat/drink it regardless of it being bleach or soap or feckin water.

I thought activating bar of soap would clean myself, it only cleaned my throat...

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #10937 on: March 15, 2014, 07:43:15 am »

Hmm...as long as that doesn't make my character try to drink it, that might work.
Got that bug as well. I thought it was because the bottle had only 400 units when the lamp's capacity is 800. I got around it by 'U'nloading the bottle, and choosing the lamp as the destination container.

There is, nevertheless, the option to 'r'eload a lamp. One has to wonder exactly how must oil be carried in order for it to work.
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #10938 on: March 15, 2014, 07:45:15 am »

There is, nevertheless, the option to 'r'eload a lamp. One has to wonder exactly how must oil be carried in order for it to work.

Maybe the coder derped and made it only work for oil outside of containers.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10939 on: March 15, 2014, 08:01:38 am »

Maybe the coder derped and made it only work for oil outside of containers.
I think it's a more general kind of derp for liquid containers. It can't partially load them. Spraycan flamethrowers reload from plastic bottles just fine. It probably looks for "800 units of oil" and can't reload if there's only 400.

In tangentially related news, what is the fastest way to fill a vehicle's clean water tank with water from a pool? I have an additional metal tank to work with. A hotplate from the kitchen unit takes too long, and you have to be holding the tank to use it - meaning you'll be straining by the time you've got it half full. I've made a small metal tank and used a charcoal water purifier to transfer clean water in segments, but it doesn't divide evenly and some charcoal is wasted. Is there anything I can use or make to make the process a little more streamlined?

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #10940 on: March 15, 2014, 08:12:42 am »

Procure a fuckton of Water Purification tablets?

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10941 on: March 15, 2014, 08:45:05 am »

Haha, yeah, that'd probably work. The large tank holds... 225 water, I think. That'll take 15 packs of tablets. XD I think charcoal is in far more plentiful supply. :P

In other news, my ASCII tileset maker now makes almost true ASCII sets.

« Last Edit: March 15, 2014, 08:48:03 am by Sean Mirrsen »

Grendus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10942 on: March 15, 2014, 08:52:24 am »

I ran into a bug a few versions ago (dunno if it's been fixed since then) where I couldn't refill an item from a container held in my hands, it had to be in my inventory. I wound up unloading water from the keg into gallon jugs and using those to refill the car.

I love the vending machines. Slight bug though, if you buy the last item in the machine it segfaults. I'm guessing it moves the selection to the next item in the list on purchase, which is beyond the end of the list.
A quick guide to surviving your first few days in CataclysmDDA:
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=121194.msg4796325;topicseen#msg4796325

Silfurdreki

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10943 on: March 15, 2014, 09:32:29 am »

Haha, yeah, that'd probably work. The large tank holds... 225 water, I think. That'll take 15 packs of tablets. XD I think charcoal is in far more plentiful supply. :P

Why are the &'s upside down and mirrored in the tileset version?

Also, thanks for making those tilesets. I'm using your 10x10 one (8x8 wouldn't work for some reason) and I really like it. Most major gripe I have with it is that in SDL blood, e.g. from pulping, doesn't layer over walls and such (it recolours them), but the tileset version does. Is that something that's inherent to the tileset implementation?
Entropy is not what it used to be.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10944 on: March 15, 2014, 10:17:40 am »

Why are the &'s upside down and mirrored in the tileset version?

Also, thanks for making those tilesets. I'm using your 10x10 one (8x8 wouldn't work for some reason) and I really like it. Most major gripe I have with it is that in SDL blood, e.g. from pulping, doesn't layer over walls and such (it recolours them), but the tileset version does. Is that something that's inherent to the tileset implementation?
I can make the blood fields an overlay (i.e. a backgroundless tile), but that will not look like ASCII. I made enough of a concession on the item highlight. And yes, it's specific to tiles, both of those. The tiles "layer" over each other, and can't interact like they do in SDL. And the cars use "rotating" tiles, so that the custom graphics stay aligned with the car.

I'll release the updated versions of the tilesets soon, I fixed a few fairly major issues with how the program was selecting symbols and background colors, plus a few issues it had with stuff like vehicle doors. I'm also in the market for a good replacement colorscheme - anybody have any suggestions?

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #10945 on: March 15, 2014, 10:54:23 am »

The @ screen shows you traits and mutations. Mutations are a form of trait, hence the reason you can gain start-of-game traits from mutations.
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #10946 on: March 15, 2014, 10:57:42 am »

I love the vending machines. Slight bug though, if you buy the last item in the machine it segfaults. I'm guessing it moves the selection to the next item in the list on purchase, which is beyond the end of the list.

Yeah, I have a subway station right near my base. Kinda handy, since I've found a few cash cards. Anyone know if there is a way to combine their values? At a bank, maybe? Or are all of these 500 and 800 value cards I have worthless?
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #10947 on: March 15, 2014, 10:59:01 am »

Who needs cash cards? Real men smash the machine and take the goodies.
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10948 on: March 15, 2014, 11:04:16 am »

Yeah, I have a subway station right near my base. Kinda handy, since I've found a few cash cards. Anyone know if there is a way to combine their values? At a bank, maybe? Or are all of these 500 and 800 value cards I have worthless?
There are ATM machines at some gas stations that let you store money in an account and combine cards.

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
« Reply #10949 on: March 15, 2014, 11:04:27 am »

Most vending machines have an ATM beside them.  You can use them to transfer value from one card to another.  Same machine exists in banks.
Pages: 1 ... 728 729 [730] 731 732 ... 1086