Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 709 710 [711] 712 713 ... 1086

Author Topic: Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A roaming horde appears on the horizon!  (Read 1860439 times)

GrizzlyAdamz

• Bay Watcher
  • Herp de derp
    • View Profile
    • Check this shit out
Re: Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - Version 0.A "Kaufman" released!
« Reply #10650 on: March 08, 2014, 06:41:40 pm »

bring a fire extinguisher. And oxygen.
Badges of honor
GENERATION 11: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Check this shit out- (it changes)
Profile->Modify Profile->Look and Layout->Current Theme: Default [Change]->Darkling (it's good for your eyes and looks better)

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
« Reply #10651 on: March 08, 2014, 07:37:05 pm »

bring a fire extinguisher. And oxygen.
Those are like the two most opposite things.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10652 on: March 08, 2014, 07:41:09 pm »

Put out fires and breath?
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10653 on: March 08, 2014, 07:48:57 pm »

Put out fires and breath?
Fire suppressant, and fuel.

beorn080

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10654 on: March 08, 2014, 08:17:32 pm »

Grab a whip, put on a fedora, and go find out.

Or run screaming in the other direction. That works too.
I don't think we have whips yet. Why is this not a thing?
Ustxu Iceraped the Frigid Crystal of Slaughter was a glacier titan. It was the only one of its kind. A gigantic feathered carp composed of crystal glass. It has five mouths full of treacherous teeth, enormous clear wings, and ferocious blue eyes. Beware its icy breath! Ustxu was associated with oceans, glaciers, boats, and murder.

UristMcDwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10655 on: March 08, 2014, 08:36:37 pm »

Grab a whip, put on a fedora, and go find out.

Or run screaming in the other direction. That works too.
I don't think we have whips yet. Why is this not a thing?

a steel chain has a chance to wrap the opponent and offer a free attack

MrWiggles

• Bay Watcher
  • Doubt Everything
    • View Profile
« Reply #10656 on: March 08, 2014, 10:11:23 pm »

So can you remap the keys for cars yet?
Doesn't like running from bears = clearly isn't an Eastern European
I'm Making a Mush! Navitas: City Limits ~ Inspired by Dresden Files and SCP.
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=113699.msg3470055#msg3470055
http://www.tf2items.com/id/MisterWigggles666#

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10657 on: March 08, 2014, 10:24:00 pm »

Suggestion: Underbarrel Flare Launcher.  To craft, take 1 flare gun as material and a gun maintenance kit (no charges) as a tool.  It attaches underbarrel, and fires flares the same as the pistol version.  Could also be a "rail" mounted variant.

EDIT: How do mods work?  If I made a mod pack, and it contained new items/recipes that seems to work fine, but what if I wanted a mod that modified a vanilla item?  Would it override the vanilla, or start crashing?
« Last Edit: March 08, 2014, 10:28:00 pm by Girlinhat »

Silicoid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10658 on: March 08, 2014, 11:04:08 pm »

Are the various mutation serums working as intended?

According to the wiki, you need to inject the mutagen to cross the threshold. Are you doing that? I don't quite know how mutagen serums are applied.

Assuming that E'ing the serum works as intended (rather than A'ing the syringe or anything), then yes.

I've made between 30 and 50 ursine serums, and at least a dozen mutagens. I've consumed them all. My skills at chemistry now far outstrip all my other skills. I'm the goddamned Walter White of the apocalypse. And still no threshold.

I began the process with no other mutations (bar those my character started the game with). I've taken nothing but ursine mutagen/serum. I've received the 'yearning to break free' message many times, but nothing comes of it. I've taken the serum and gained a mutation such as Dextrous, only to lose it taking a subsequent serum. I had Hibernation earlier, and then lost it. It feels as if I might as well just be taking random mutagens.

However, I also discovered that mutagens/serums can 'overwrite' starting traits, which I wasn't aware of. I started with Light Eater and managed to get it changed into Fast Metabolism. I assume that's only possible when the mutagen tries to give you two levels of the corresponding anti-mutation at once? That could be the culprit here I guess, if some of my starting mutations were incompatible with ursine (for reference, I started with Light Eater, Good Memory, Glass Jaw, Sleepy, Weak Stomach and Near-sighted).

It's pretty frustrating, anyway. I just want to be a post-apocalyptic bear-man.
You also need to have dreamed the relevant dreams, in order to cross the threshold. Level 3 bear dreams that is.  It could also be that the bear mutant catagory doesn't have enough stand-alone mutations to be able to have the dreams to cross the threshold.  In that case go to mutations. json and add a few MUTCAT_BEAR to a few categories.

A good one in-line with bears would be the tough mutation line.  I don't know why the bear mutant category doesn't have it, as a bears toughness is legendary...

Remember innate traits(that you picked a character gen) do not count towards a mutation category.  I had that problem when I had a high point character with literally most of the starting traits-I couldn't get the dreams to cross the threshold because my innate traits did not count towards the category I wanted.

GrizzlyAdamz

• Bay Watcher
  • Herp de derp
    • View Profile
    • Check this shit out
« Reply #10659 on: March 08, 2014, 11:11:38 pm »

Suggestion: Underbarrel Flare Launcher.  To craft, take 1 flare gun as material and a gun maintenance kit (no charges) as a tool.  It attaches underbarrel, and fires flares the same as the pistol version.  Could also be a "rail" mounted variant.

I know for a fact the rivtech shotguns have a flare ammo.

And also there're 40mm launchers, probably have flares as well.

You also need to have dreamed the relevant dreams, in order to cross the threshold. Level 3 bear dreams that is.  It could also be that the bear mutant catagory doesn't have enough stand-alone mutations to be able to have the dreams to cross the threshold.  In that case go to mutations. json and add a few MUTCAT_BEAR to a few categories.

A good one in-line with bears would be the tough mutation line.  I don't know why the bear mutant category doesn't have it, as a bears toughness is legendary...

Remember innate traits(that you picked a character gen) do not count towards a mutation category.  I had that problem when I had a high point character with literally most of the starting traits-I couldn't get the dreams to cross the threshold because my innate traits did not count towards the category I wanted.

Hm, how do mutation thresholds work?
If it's based on point-costs, one could add a mutation with a billion points in the chosen MUTCAT & obtain it with the debug menu.
Badges of honor
GENERATION 11: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Check this shit out- (it changes)
Profile->Modify Profile->Look and Layout->Current Theme: Default [Change]->Darkling (it's good for your eyes and looks better)

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #10660 on: March 08, 2014, 11:15:43 pm »

They have incendiary shells, the 40mm launchers.

Basically the same thing.

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10661 on: March 08, 2014, 11:16:55 pm »

They have incendiary shells, the 40mm launchers.

Basically the same thing.
Yes, except those are a bit harder to come by and not usually in sporting goods stores :P

azmodean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10662 on: March 08, 2014, 11:19:03 pm »

Let the Aliens quotes commence!
EDIT: How do mods work?  If I made a mod pack, and it contained new items/recipes that seems to work fine, but what if I wanted a mod that modified a vanilla item?  Would it override the vanilla, or start crashing?
Redefining an item in a mod overwrites the original, redefining a list (e.g. an item group) will append to the original.
I don't think Jesus died from thorns being pushed into his brain. RTFA

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10663 on: March 08, 2014, 11:39:10 pm »

Excellent stuff!  How would it work to start crossing item types, too?  Like, could you have a firearm that you could wear, or would the tags start mussing with each other?

UristMcDwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10664 on: March 08, 2014, 11:47:43 pm »

Excellent stuff!  How would it work to start crossing item types, too?  Like, could you have a firearm that you could wear, or would the tags start mussing with each other?

if your question is practical and not theoretical, id just make a wearable firearm a bionic
Pages: 1 ... 709 710 [711] 712 713 ... 1086