Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 695 696 [697] 698 699 ... 1086

Author Topic: Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A roaming horde appears on the horizon!  (Read 1860953 times)

IronTomato

• Bay Watcher
  • VENGEANCE
    • View Profile
Re: Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - Version 0.A "Kaufman" released!
« Reply #10440 on: March 04, 2014, 09:24:54 pm »

How do I un-freeze a frozen bag of corndogs? I'm hungry and have no other real food with me.

Bouchart

• Bay Watcher
  • [NO_WORK]
    • View Profile
« Reply #10441 on: March 04, 2014, 09:34:12 pm »

If it's like the frozen dinner, there should be a recipe for it.

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #10442 on: March 04, 2014, 09:34:58 pm »

Activate near a fire?

IronTomato

• Bay Watcher
  • VENGEANCE
    • View Profile
« Reply #10443 on: March 04, 2014, 09:39:33 pm »

I already tried both, there's no recipe that I can see (at least one that I can make) and activating them near fire made me eat them, while they were still frozen. Which is bad.

Bouchart

• Bay Watcher
  • [NO_WORK]
    • View Profile
« Reply #10444 on: March 04, 2014, 10:17:56 pm »

Maybe using a hotplate on it would have worked, but you probably would have ended up with corndogs which were both frozen and hot at the same time.

miasmatastic

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #10445 on: March 04, 2014, 10:19:47 pm »

Why does it seem that car turrets never work for me? I turn them on but they never fire.

Iceblaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 50% less in-jokes!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10446 on: March 04, 2014, 10:21:52 pm »

Ammo.

What type, I don't know. I never use them :P

Juuust drop various ammo on the turret and figure out which one works.

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
« Reply #10447 on: March 04, 2014, 10:22:21 pm »

Ammo.

What type, I don't know. I never use them :P

Juuust drop various ammo on the turret and figure out which one works.
The ammo that type of gun uses!

UristMcDwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10448 on: March 04, 2014, 10:22:46 pm »

FUCK YOU MOOSE.

Tell my shopping cart I love her...

Iceblaster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10449 on: March 04, 2014, 10:25:23 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

UristMcDwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10450 on: March 04, 2014, 10:29:41 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

thank u for your memorial

i was about to install a foot pedal onto it, just after i dealt with the moose that kept disrupting construction

Akhier the Dragon hearted

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #10451 on: March 04, 2014, 10:52:00 pm »

I haven't been using a tileset lately but in my latest video I use the RetroDays tileset by Antistar. Its a continuation of HRoses Retro/ASCII tileset so if you liked that one its worth taking a look at. Antistar provides a 10x10 and a 20x20 version and in my video I change the files so I can have both and it seems to work nicely. I like the 10x10 for moving around and the 20x20 is nice to switch to for when fighting stuff.

Anyway here is a link to my video if you want to take a look

Join us. The crazy is at a perfect temperature today.
So it seems I accidentally put my canteen in my wheelbarrow and didn't notice... and then I got really thirsty... so right before going to sleep I go to take a swig from my canteen and... end up snorting a line of low-grade meth.

UristMcDwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10452 on: March 04, 2014, 11:02:23 pm »

akhier i really respect you as a dda plater,we should do dda ''multiplayer'' sometime  :)

Iceblaster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10453 on: March 04, 2014, 11:08:07 pm »

akhier i really respect you as a dda plater,we should do dda ''multiplayer'' sometime  :)

Transcribed from a post on the CataDDA forums.

Today, I decided to test what happens when I try to play with two active characters in the same world. So I made a new world with John and Jane as new random players, and used the debug options to reveal the map and teleport Jane to the shelter where John appeared.

I discovered that a bench, destroyed at 8:04 by Jane, was also destroyed at 8:01 in John's life. Ok, I understand that the world is the same for both characters, no matter "when" they are. So, Jane could freeze to death in winter and destroy a bench to make fire, and John would see this bench newly destroyed when I load his save in mid-summer.

Then I also noticed that the moose Jane sees outside the shelter does not exist for John. I understand that "monsters" also exist only for the active character, as long as they (the monsters) are "alive" (Z's are considered alive, I guess... Living dead. Yeah.). A living entity is related to the active character, a corpse is an object like any other and as such, is shared by all active characters of that world.

Now that I understand how these things work, and after a few short-lived attempts at solo-surviving, I want to try a new story. Three random characters, spawned at different locations of the same world. I want them to find and build a common place, and survive "together". I won't cheat to know where they are in the world, one day I'll find that this city I found is the same as that city for that other character, and for two lone wolves it will become a company of two, and so on.

Luckily, two of the three characters started at the same shelter, the two male characters : Alex Adams and Ryan Campbell. The female character, Kimberly Bailey, is at another shelter. I decided that seasons last 30 days, and I plan on playing one day at a time, both IRL and in game for one character, following the A(dams) B(ailey) C(ampbell) sequence. So, when I will start playing the game according to these rules, I'll follow real seasons by periods of 90 days. I plan to start this story from 21st March to the death of all three characters. For now, they wait for their save to be loaded in a few weeks.

I will try to roleplay and "ignore" that Jane is somewhere, and act as if Alex and Ryan know each other. I will sometimes make them carve messages and drop items in a specific shape (a cross, an arrow, ...) just like I would do in times like these, to leave a trail so any survivor would be able to find me (that could also be dangerous). I don't know yet if they will all be friends or if someone will steal stuff from others for his own safe place, or... Everything is possible, but direct interaction of course.

But I could decide that, for any reason I may find, one of the two male characters would enjoy trapping the other one in the house they shared for a while. Or not. It still remains to be written, and played.

I hope this will give you ideas for your own experiences.

We use this system for a multiplayer game in Play with your buddies, and we have a pretty interesting game to play.

EDIT: I'd be happy to postpone my ongoing thing in Play with your Buddies for longer to play this at least...
« Last Edit: March 04, 2014, 11:10:26 pm by Iceblaster »

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
« Reply #10454 on: March 04, 2014, 11:14:06 pm »

Suggest you make it an interesting play-along suggestion game.  Vote on what a character should do, the most voted on, most reasonable suggestion takes priority.  That means if everyone votes "raid the liqueur store" that's fine.  If everyone votes "stand on lit dynamite" and one guy says "raid the liqueur store" then you should raid the liqueur store :P
Pages: 1 ... 695 696 [697] 698 699 ... 1086