Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 689 690 [691] 692 693 ... 1086

Author Topic: Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A roaming horde appears on the horizon!  (Read 1861174 times)

werty892

• Bay Watcher
  • Neat.
    • View Profile
Re: Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - Version 0.9 "Ma" released!
« Reply #10350 on: March 02, 2014, 09:30:13 pm »

Some of them are really OP. Survivor gives like 20 points of stuff for 3 points.

UristMcDwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10351 on: March 02, 2014, 09:35:55 pm »

ive been thinking about it, would anyone use a tileset made by yours truly?  :P

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10352 on: March 02, 2014, 09:38:16 pm »

No.

UristMcDwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10353 on: March 02, 2014, 09:39:34 pm »

aight

beorn080

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10354 on: March 02, 2014, 09:49:27 pm »

Shopping carts can no longer hold 400 units. Seems like a good, if frustrating, change, especially as wooden casks in liquor stores are 400 volume. Still, makes things harder in the short term, which is good. Long term is a whole nother barrel of fish.
Ustxu Iceraped the Frigid Crystal of Slaughter was a glacier titan. It was the only one of its kind. A gigantic feathered carp composed of crystal glass. It has five mouths full of treacherous teeth, enormous clear wings, and ferocious blue eyes. Beware its icy breath! Ustxu was associated with oceans, glaciers, boats, and murder.

Blaze

• Bay Watcher
  • The Chaos that Crawls up on you with a Smile.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10355 on: March 02, 2014, 09:55:11 pm »

It's really just a simple matter of ripping out the large wire basket and installing a trunk, which now holds more. The result weighs just the same as the old shopping cart.

Kaitol

• Bay Watcher
  • Heya, Red.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10356 on: March 02, 2014, 10:34:01 pm »

So. My survivor just spent their entire torso health bar trying to hit a zombie child sitting in a broken window with a Halligan bar. I think I managed to hit the thing once.

The fuck? Even at low skill, how do you miss a zombie about fifteen times in a row when its struggling in a window? The weapon even has a to hit bonus and purportedly is a fairly good weapon. Or did the developers decide to surprise me by secretly making child zombies into Agents from the Matrix?

Cheedows

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a dwarf, right?
    • View Profile
« Reply #10357 on: March 02, 2014, 11:04:50 pm »

I just play with ASCII.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #10358 on: March 03, 2014, 12:06:22 am »

I just play with ASCII.
ASCII as-is is annoying. It's not even a reasonable size like 8x12, but a full-on 8x16, so a horizontal road appears twice as thick as a vertical one. I am using a 10x10 tileset padded with missing items.
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

vastaghen12

• Bay Watcher
  • [BIOME_SUPPORT: ANY_COMPUTER:1]
    • View Profile
« Reply #10359 on: March 03, 2014, 01:22:19 am »

I just play with ASCII.
ASCII as-is is annoying. It's not even a reasonable size like 8x12, but a full-on 8x16, so a horizontal road appears twice as thick as a vertical one. I am using a 10x10 tileset padded with missing items.

The game has a fontdata file from which you can change the fonts size, I  use 8*12, which if you ask me looks much better.

Vorbicon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10360 on: March 03, 2014, 07:37:57 am »

Anyone know what book has the oxidizer powder recipe? I've collected a bunch of chemical/cooking and gun books but nothing so far.

teoleo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10361 on: March 03, 2014, 09:16:38 am »

Dynamic spawn
Probably hundreds.
[/quote]

4 houses, hundreds zombie??

Blaze

• Bay Watcher
  • The Chaos that Crawls up on you with a Smile.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10362 on: March 03, 2014, 09:35:17 am »

Anyone know what book has the oxidizer powder recipe? I've collected a bunch of chemical/cooking and gun books but nothing so far.
Advanced Physical Chemistry, Chemistry Textbook, and Chemical Reference - CLASSIFIED, hold it. You'll need at least 5 cooking skill to learn it.

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
« Reply #10363 on: March 03, 2014, 10:58:06 am »

So. My survivor just spent their entire torso health bar trying to hit a zombie child sitting in a broken window with a Halligan bar. I think I managed to hit the thing once.

The fuck? Even at low skill, how do you miss a zombie about fifteen times in a row when its struggling in a window? The weapon even has a to hit bonus and purportedly is a fairly good weapon. Or did the developers decide to surprise me by secretly making child zombies into Agents from the Matrix?
How's your torso encumbrance?  I think zombie kids are harder to hit in either case as well, even if they're not as bad as dogs. 

Gods, though, but Fragile is definitely "hard mode," especially with 300% monster spawns and 80% item spawns.  I must have died a dozen times at least trying to get started.  Most terrifying moment had to be getting an infected torso wound, going into the city just after dusk to raid a doctor's office, trying to get the supply open, failing and setting off the alarm, and slamming the rear door open to get out only to find a shrieker zombie right on the other side.  So much more fun than the usual "charge in, kill everything day 1" I usually do; I actually had to turn off Black Road Surrounded Spawn. ^_^

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
Re: Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - Version 0.A "Kaufman" released!
« Reply #10364 on: March 03, 2014, 11:02:06 am »

So much more fun than the usual "charge in, kill everything day 1" I usually do; I actually had to turn off Black Road Surrounded Spawn. ^_^
Spawn at night.  In the old .9 at least, you could also play "stair games". with a horde.
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!
Pages: 1 ... 689 690 [691] 692 693 ... 1086