Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 682 683 [684] 685 686 ... 1086

Author Topic: Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A roaming horde appears on the horizon!  (Read 1861312 times)

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - Version 0.9 "Ma" released!
« Reply #10245 on: February 25, 2014, 10:00:26 am »

So I tried a Gunz-Rustung. Came of the shelter, and hit a poor wolf who happened to come near me FOR THE INSANE AMOUNT OF 99 DAMAGE.

My character is going to sleep hugging that huge crossbow from now onwards.

Bouchart

• Bay Watcher
  • [NO_WORK]
    • View Profile
« Reply #10246 on: February 25, 2014, 10:20:59 am »

Rolled a new character, and not far from the shelter there's a fully functional electric car.  Nice.

Ivefan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10247 on: February 25, 2014, 11:05:29 am »

Rolled a new character, and not far from the shelter there's a fully functional electric car.  Nice.
Is that a new experimental version?
I never found a single car that didnt lack either wheels or engine

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #10248 on: February 25, 2014, 11:15:24 am »

The roads outside of town typically have working (if gasless) vehicles.
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

WhitiusOpus

• Bay Watcher
  • Pro-radiation Lobbyist
    • View Profile
« Reply #10249 on: February 25, 2014, 11:20:48 am »

Is that a new experimental version?
I never found a single car that didnt lack either wheels or engine

I concur. Wtf, full car for once?
Quote from: The Froggy Ninja
Young Masches: Fetch yonder blade!
Masches grabs his "sword." Navi gasps. Her aura flushes a pinkish hue and she flies out the window.

Bouchart

• Bay Watcher
  • [NO_WORK]
    • View Profile
« Reply #10250 on: February 25, 2014, 11:23:14 am »

No, it's the stable release.  I found it in a parking lot outside a mine.

Was hoping to get a shopping cart but I really lucked out.

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
« Reply #10251 on: February 25, 2014, 12:48:58 pm »

I've seen a couple, but they're always gas-powered ones with completely dry gas tanks and batteries, and I don't think jumper cables are in game, so it basically amounts to having them missing a battery. 

Rivet-the-Zombie

• Bay Watcher
  • C:DDA Developer
    • View Profile
    • Official C:DDA Website
« Reply #10252 on: February 25, 2014, 02:29:20 pm »

I've seen a couple, but they're always gas-powered ones with completely dry gas tanks and batteries, and I don't think jumper cables are in game, so it basically amounts to having them missing a battery.

In cases such as that you can just pour some gas in the tank and (jam?) some normal batteries in the car's battery and it will run.

Don't ask how you put flashlight batteries into the car's battery to make it work. Somebody else wrote that part.
“No! I must kill the demons” she shouted
The radio said “No, Rivet. You are the demons”
And then Rivet was a zombie.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #10253 on: February 25, 2014, 02:42:25 pm »

Use a piece of wire to connect them to the other battery?

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10254 on: February 25, 2014, 02:50:51 pm »

I always kinda assumed that they were future batteries.  With the advent of universal batteries for electronics, (that can apparently discharge instantly at infinite amps) I would think it would only be a matter of time before manufacturers designed a battery draining port into their car batteries.  Bionics can do that, why not cars?  Who needs jumper cables?  Keep a couple batteries in your trunk!

Actually now that I think of it, why aren't there non bionic versions of some of the bionics?  Like a carried around water extractors or artificial night generators...   I wonder if I can mod items that use bionic use_actions...

Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

beorn080

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10255 on: February 25, 2014, 04:33:02 pm »

I always kinda assumed that they were future batteries.  With the advent of universal batteries for electronics, (that can apparently discharge instantly at infinite amps) I would think it would only be a matter of time before manufacturers designed a battery draining port into their car batteries.  Bionics can do that, why not cars?  Who needs jumper cables?  Keep a couple batteries in your trunk!

Actually now that I think of it, why aren't there non bionic versions of some of the bionics?  Like a carried around water extractors or artificial night generators...   I wonder if I can mod items that use bionic use_actions...
Electrified powered armor. Modified laser pointers. Fanny Packs.
Ustxu Iceraped the Frigid Crystal of Slaughter was a glacier titan. It was the only one of its kind. A gigantic feathered carp composed of crystal glass. It has five mouths full of treacherous teeth, enormous clear wings, and ferocious blue eyes. Beware its icy breath! Ustxu was associated with oceans, glaciers, boats, and murder.

ZeroGravitas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10256 on: February 25, 2014, 05:28:08 pm »

Actually now that I think of it, why aren't there non bionic versions of some of the bionics?  Like a carried around water extractors or artificial night generators...

Nothing about the three "power" systems (batteries and UPS, bionic power, and vehicle engines) makes any sense. I encouraged them to revisit the various ratios (especially when it comes to bionic power) but I doubt they ever will.

Metabolic Interchange was my favorite. Apparently I can power dozens of fusion blasts on a veggie sandwich. Forget the battery-draining port on the car battery, why can't I just plug myself in to an electric engine and run the car off my own metabolism?

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
« Reply #10257 on: February 25, 2014, 05:28:44 pm »

Electrified powered armor. Modified laser pointers. Fanny Packs.
Optic stealth suits.  Bobby pins lockpicks. 

Nothing about the three "power" systems (batteries and UPS, bionic power, and vehicle engines) makes any sense. I encouraged them to revisit the various ratios (especially when it comes to bionic power) but I doubt they ever will.

Metabolic Interchange was my favorite. Apparently I can power dozens of fusion blasts on a veggie sandwich. Forget the battery-draining port on the car battery, why can't I just plug myself in to an electric engine and run the car off my own metabolism?
I honestly look forward to the notion of the vehicle rebalance that's been bounced around a couple times.  It just feels weird to require a welder to swap out a car battery, future-tech aside. 

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #10258 on: February 25, 2014, 06:25:14 pm »

Maybe a "Modular" tag for things you can rip up with something like just a screwdriver and some patience. I mean, that's most of the car, but wouldn't it be more realistic?

GrizzlyAdamz

• Bay Watcher
  • Herp de derp
    • View Profile
    • Check this shit out
« Reply #10259 on: February 25, 2014, 06:48:08 pm »

A lot of car parts would take more than a screwdriver and some patience to remove.
Just, for the record. So there.
Badges of honor
GENERATION 11: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Check this shit out- (it changes)
Profile->Modify Profile->Look and Layout->Current Theme: Default [Change]->Darkling (it's good for your eyes and looks better)
Pages: 1 ... 682 683 [684] 685 686 ... 1086