Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 669 670 [671] 672 673 ... 1086

Author Topic: Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A roaming horde appears on the horizon!  (Read 1860265 times)

FluidDynamite

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - Version 0.9 "Ma" released!
« Reply #10050 on: February 12, 2014, 01:02:55 pm »

So after hearing about all the new toys in experimental, I tried importing my v0.9 stable save into the experimental version... Now all my trees are replaced with chain link fences, wax walls and picket fences. Also the downstairs in my evac shelter turned into card readers. :P Is there anything special one has to do before importing saves across versions, or is it simply not possible? Just finished raiding a sci-lab for some shiny CBMs, so would really hate to have to start a new character right now.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #10051 on: February 12, 2014, 01:04:38 pm »

So after hearing about all the new toys in experimental, I tried importing my v0.9 stable save into the experimental version... Now all my trees are replaced with chain link fences, wax walls and picket fences. Also the downstairs in my evac shelter turned into card readers. :P Is there anything special one has to do before importing saves across versions, or is it simply not possible? Just finished raiding a sci-lab for some shiny CBMs, so would really hate to have to start a new character right now.

One does not simply import a save. If you want to try out a new experimental on an old char, you would have to leave the area you have explored in the old save and let it generate new areas.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #10052 on: February 12, 2014, 01:33:02 pm »

That one was a temporary problem cause by a enum mixup that got fixed about 12 hours prior to this post redowload and reimport your save, if possible. (You might end up with a weird area where it already was generated but new areas will be fine if you just go from experimental to experimental.)
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10053 on: February 12, 2014, 02:53:19 pm »

How does the game determine how much water to put inside a container under a funnel? Because I left a wooden barrel ouside witha funnel and one afternoon later the 400 units of water were filled.

Bouchart

• Bay Watcher
  • [NO_WORK]
    • View Profile
« Reply #10054 on: February 12, 2014, 02:56:42 pm »

I don't know, but in my experience it's extremely quick.

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10055 on: February 12, 2014, 03:11:04 pm »

It's some rough math that estimates the amount based on the size of a funnel and how much rain happens. It's possible that it could use some rebalancing or is bugged, if you are obtaining that much water so quickly (unless it was thunderstorm for the whole day or something similar).
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

Ivefan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10056 on: February 12, 2014, 03:22:24 pm »

Does the game calculate funnels that is not within the loaded area? If i can expect them to fill even when im far away it would make it easier to get acid for ammo crafting.

And does anyone have a suggestion for base defenses against zombears and dogs? They are just an annoyance by now and disturb my crafting or sleep.
I have plenty of turrets but they would keep me awake too and all the traps are one timers, Aren't they?

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10057 on: February 12, 2014, 03:33:02 pm »

I'm pretty sure it retroactively updates funnels, yeah.

Akhier the Dragon hearted

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #10058 on: February 12, 2014, 03:35:16 pm »

Spiked pits keep working till they fill with corpses. Also I think trip wires stay around as well though I don't know how much utility they would have as I have never really use them.
Join us. The crazy is at a perfect temperature today.
So it seems I accidentally put my canteen in my wheelbarrow and didn't notice... and then I got really thirsty... so right before going to sleep I go to take a swig from my canteen and... end up snorting a line of low-grade meth.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10059 on: February 12, 2014, 04:35:10 pm »

It's some rough math that estimates the amount based on the size of a funnel and how much rain happens. It's possible that it could use some rebalancing or is bugged, if you are obtaining that much water so quickly (unless it was thunderstorm for the whole day or something similar).
It was a mix between drizzles, rains and thunderstorms.

Bouchart

• Bay Watcher
  • [NO_WORK]
    • View Profile
« Reply #10060 on: February 12, 2014, 04:40:36 pm »

How about nail board traps?  Do they have limited uses?

Also the best defense against wild animals is to have a large base with closed windows.  A cathedral or research lab works well for this, and they also have basements.  Animals don't spawn indoors, and if you are far enough inside they probably won't track your scent either..  If you want to move into a house I'd recommend doing a bit of construction work to make it bigger.

joemoben

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10061 on: February 12, 2014, 06:04:43 pm »

So I've had two different bears break into my bedroom in two separate weeks. First on busted in through a window, and then one busted the the boarded up window that replaced it, except this time it was a zombear. Weak scent does not seem to do too much for me.
Something about this game makes me wonder why God lets it exist.
Say, if you give birth on a ranch and then murder your baby will a corpse drop be guaranteed?

Jacob/Lee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10062 on: February 12, 2014, 06:13:16 pm »

I've never had my house stormed by wild animals, although I have been pounced by cougars as soon as I walked out the door and one time had to knife fight a wolf pack. Consider turning your yard into a field of bear traps and nail boards.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #10063 on: February 12, 2014, 06:16:17 pm »

^^^  Free food ^^^

Dogs and wolves love to step on nailboards.  And leave delicious meaty parts.
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Bouchart

• Bay Watcher
  • [NO_WORK]
    • View Profile
« Reply #10064 on: February 12, 2014, 09:30:23 pm »

In the past hour, I've lost two highly developed characters to zombears.  In one case I put my weapon down to carry a steel jerrycan; in the other, I put my weapon down to carry an RV kitchen unit.
Pages: 1 ... 669 670 [671] 672 673 ... 1086