Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 661 662 [663] 664 665 ... 1086

Author Topic: Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A roaming horde appears on the horizon!  (Read 1859793 times)

Iceblaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 50% less in-jokes!
    • View Profile
Re: Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - Version 0.9 "Ma" released!
« Reply #9930 on: February 01, 2014, 11:28:06 am »

What does a rechargeable battery do? Currently from what I can glean is that it lets you recharge a battery from a charger, but where pray tell, are these charger stations? It'd be nice to find out so when Agent Holdfire finds one, he doesn't have to stare in confusion.

Ivefan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9931 on: February 01, 2014, 11:30:39 am »

Tangentially related I made a rechargeable battery and attached it to one of my welders before realizing my super craft-o station not-so-mobile-mobile doesn't have a recharging station.  What are the requirements of making one or what book contains the recipe?
Electronic Circuit theory & Mechanical mastery out of the books i have.
Where did you get the small storage battery for it, Or does car/motorcycle batteries count as that?

What does a rechargeable battery do?
It makes the item incompatible with normal batteries but you will be able to charge the item in a recharge station that you install in a car.

Ananasii

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9932 on: February 01, 2014, 12:58:19 pm »

Look for food carts (Hotdog stands, and ice cream carts, that sort of thing) in parks - they're the only source of small storage batteries I've found

Ivefan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9933 on: February 01, 2014, 03:06:38 pm »

Thank you. Most of the parks seems to be basketball parks though, but I found one.

Now, have anyone done any interior redecorating? Wanted a new hole in a wall and used my jackhammer, but it looked like an explosion hit the building and I couldn't clear the rubble/dirt away. I removed the rubble with a shovel but it still blocked line of sight and slowed me down.

Iceblaster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9934 on: February 01, 2014, 03:50:50 pm »

Update on the artifact!

It seems that, after seeing the wiki page for artifacts, it should have a passive good thing that I haven't figured out yet. In depth testing will occur once Agent Holdfire gets a bit more settled in and is able to spend a few days testing his glittering sphere :P

wer6

• Bay Watcher
  • SCOUT DOESNT WANNA GIVE A KISS
    • View Profile
    • Pirate baaaayyyy!~
« Reply #9935 on: February 01, 2014, 04:18:46 pm »

So on the side of the road I found a Flash bang artifact, ways and takes up no space, however it is just that, plus the fact it recharges by disintegration of whoever happens to be holding it.

now im tyring to get some more cool as shit elf mutations.
Just before leaving, Psysquid quickly summons a Burrito in his mouth.

Iceblaster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9936 on: February 01, 2014, 05:07:27 pm »

Quote from: A little thing
"Agent Holdfire is confirmed down" said the new operative on the ground, Ice was his callsign. He checked for a pulse once more, in a vain attempt to bring some form of hope to him. There was no pulse. He sighed and stood up and inserted a magazine of JHP rounds into his sub machine gun. The dojo he had made home was left alone, the only sign it had been lived in was the door being open. He scanned the insertion zone for any signs of who had shot him. There was no response.

"GET YOUR ASS DOWN NOW YOU BASTARD!" A shot hit the window behind the agent, it breaking into assorted pieces. Ice ran inside the dojo, bullets impacting along the windows and walls. Luckily he wasn't shot at all in this however he was sure that if he continued at this pace of near misses, surely one would hit him and would most likely end him. He dived into the dressing room of the dojo, slamming the door as the clearly insane civilian rain fire upon him, each bullet adding to the fear he'd have to hole up here for a few hours.

In other words, Holdfire died :P

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9937 on: February 02, 2014, 07:27:19 am »

So on the side of the road I found a Flash bang artifact, ways and takes up no space, however it is just that, plus the fact it recharges by disintegration of whoever happens to be holding it.
Can NPCs use artefacts?
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #9938 on: February 02, 2014, 07:44:37 am »

I don't believe so, but they might use it accidentally while trying to use something else. :P
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #9939 on: February 02, 2014, 08:33:35 am »

I don't believe so, but they might use it accidentally while trying to use something else. :P

Knowing how NPCs work right now, they would probably try to eat it.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

n9103

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Steam
« Reply #9940 on: February 02, 2014, 10:59:02 am »

FTFY

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #9941 on: February 02, 2014, 11:38:42 am »

FTFY

They would try to, then the game would crash. Then the same thing would happen once you reload. FOREVER.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

n9103

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Steam
« Reply #9942 on: February 02, 2014, 02:42:26 pm »

If they only tried to, they would fail, and you'd only get a debug-level error.
They actually do, game doesn't know what to do, and loses its shit. ;)

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #9943 on: February 02, 2014, 04:37:29 pm »

Shoppingcarts = bettercombat companions than npcs.
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

GrizzlyAdamz

• Bay Watcher
  • Herp de derp
    • View Profile
    • Check this shit out
« Reply #9944 on: February 02, 2014, 06:33:49 pm »

Don't they have infinite ammo though? I've seen NPCs sit and blast away at oncoming hordes.
Badges of honor
GENERATION 11: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Check this shit out- (it changes)
Profile->Modify Profile->Look and Layout->Current Theme: Default [Change]->Darkling (it's good for your eyes and looks better)
Pages: 1 ... 661 662 [663] 664 665 ... 1086