Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 650 651 [652] 653 654 ... 1086

Author Topic: Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A roaming horde appears on the horizon!  (Read 1860581 times)

Mictlantecuhtli

• Bay Watcher
  • Grinning God of Death
    • View Profile
Re: Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - Version 0.9 "Ma" released!
« Reply #9765 on: January 20, 2014, 03:30:57 pm »

Par the course, Sean.  :)
I am surrounded by flesh and bone, I am a temple of living. Maybe I'll maybe my life away.

Santorum leaves a bad taste in my mouth,
Card-carrying Liberaltarian

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9766 on: January 20, 2014, 03:42:29 pm »

I'd like to see antique pistols, the kind that are loaded with powder and a ball-shaped piece of lead that you have to craft >.>

Not sure how that would work out.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #9767 on: January 20, 2014, 03:58:33 pm »

I'd like to see antique pistols, the kind that are loaded with powder and a ball-shaped piece of lead that you have to craft >.>

Flintlock pistols/rifles and paper cartridges with ball shot and powder are in the latest experimental.
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #9768 on: January 20, 2014, 04:22:29 pm »

Flintlock pistols/rifles and paper cartridges with ball shot and powder are in the latest experimental.

Not only just now I think, I seem to recall crafting a ball bearing bullet (alliteration!) gun
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

Mr Space Cat

• Bay Watcher
  • inactive, changed accounts. sig for info
    • View Profile
« Reply #9769 on: January 20, 2014, 04:49:15 pm »

Playing the latest stable version, on day 1, going around seeing what I can loot. This is the lamest town ever, aside from a bar, hardware store, and a grocery store, it's all houses.

On a scale of 1 to 10, how difficult would it be to move an electric motor from one electric car to another? I've found two electric cars that are in otherwise drivable condition, except one is missing the wheels but has a motor, and the other has wheels but is missing an engine. I have no skill in mechanics at the moment, and I haven't tried modifying vehicles in this game.
Made a new account that I use instead of this one. Don't message this one, I'm probably not gonna use it.

New account: Spehss _

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #9770 on: January 20, 2014, 04:50:41 pm »

Playing the latest stable version, on day 1, going around seeing what I can loot. This is the lamest town ever, aside from a bar, hardware store, and a grocery store, it's all houses.

On a scale of 1 to 10, how difficult would it be to move an electric motor from one electric car to another? I've found two electric cars that are in otherwise drivable condition, except one is missing the wheels but has a motor, and the other has wheels but is missing an engine. I have no skill in mechanics at the moment, and I haven't tried modifying vehicles in this game.

Replacing the motor is a fuckton of Mechanics, generally 7-ish at least. Wheels are much easier, but you need to find a whole set.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

Mictlantecuhtli

• Bay Watcher
  • Grinning God of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #9771 on: January 20, 2014, 04:51:42 pm »

On a scale of 1 to 10, how difficult would it be to move an electric motor from one electric car to another?

It's about a 6 [mechanics  ;)] if I remember right. If you get a wrench/jack/hacksaw you can dismantle entire cars easily for free mechanics power-leveling.
I am surrounded by flesh and bone, I am a temple of living. Maybe I'll maybe my life away.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9772 on: January 20, 2014, 04:54:23 pm »

You'll need a hacksaw and a wrench to remove parts, and... actually, no idea what to use for attaching them, but presumably a welder and a wrench. The hardware store should help with that. As for skill... well, if the game's at least partially realistic then you'll just have a chance of damaging the part you're taking out or putting in with low skill.

edit: aand ninja'd by more experienced people.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #9773 on: January 20, 2014, 04:56:11 pm »

On a scale of 1 to 10, how difficult would it be to move an electric motor from one electric car to another?

It's about a 6 [mechanics  ;)] if I remember right. If you get a wrench/jack/hacksaw you can dismantle entire cars easily for free mechanics power-leveling.

I think it actually depends on the type of the motor. Last time I installed a new engine was adding a high-capacity one to an armored car with one already in place.

Mictlantecuhtli

• Bay Watcher
  • Grinning God of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #9774 on: January 20, 2014, 04:57:21 pm »

Yes. That's adding an engine to a vehicle with one already. Otherwise its just the base cost to remove the engine.

Funk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9775 on: January 20, 2014, 07:29:43 pm »

You need a charged welder to add most things to a vehicle, adding an engine gets harder for the bigger and more power full one, a small V2 is only level 2 but the much bigger V6's and 8s are 4 skill, the rare V12 is 8.
Adding a second engine is a level 12 job.
Agree, plus that's about the LAST thing *I* want to see from this kind of game - author spending valuable development time on useless graphics.

Unofficial slogan of Bay 12 Games.  

Death to the false emperor a warhammer40k SG

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #9776 on: January 21, 2014, 01:08:36 am »

Static spawn doesnt seem to yield triffids or any other ooey gooey creature.  I found a wasp nest in a building, but no other fun things . . . 

am i correct to assume they wont show in static spawn mode?
« Last Edit: January 21, 2014, 01:18:38 am by pisskop »
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

azmodean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9777 on: January 21, 2014, 01:12:01 am »

Re: MOAR GUNZ!QsadFDSF
We have a working mod manager now, which was the main holdup on pulling in ludicrous numbers of guns.  All the guns people care to stat out can now go into a "more guns" mod that people can easily toggle on if they like.  Similarly if people want to stat out even more scifi-ish weapons, feel free, they'll just go in an optional mod pack.
Due to all the work that has gone into extracting game entities to json, you can mod in new items, monsters, building types, martial arts, vehicles, vehicle components, recipes, constructions, terrain... really it's gotten to the point that the list of what you can't mod is shorter.

I want it to be more flexible, but what we have is a great start. (it's file based, I want it to be tag based for better mix n match)
I don't think Jesus died from thorns being pushed into his brain. RTFA

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9778 on: January 21, 2014, 01:41:54 am »

Re: MOAR GUNZ!QsadFDSF
We have a working mod manager now, which was the main holdup on pulling in ludicrous numbers of guns.  All the guns people care to stat out can now go into a "more guns" mod that people can easily toggle on if they like.  Similarly if people want to stat out even more scifi-ish weapons, feel free, they'll just go in an optional mod pack.
Due to all the work that has gone into extracting game entities to json, you can mod in new items, monsters, building types, martial arts, vehicles, vehicle components, recipes, constructions, terrain... really it's gotten to the point that the list of what you can't mod is shorter.

I want it to be more flexible, but what we have is a great start. (it's file based, I want it to be tag based for better mix n match)

Yes, so I noticed. Makes my adding all the new entries to a separate text file even more prudent than it already was.

Darkmere

• Bay Watcher
  • Exploding me won't bring back your honey.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9779 on: January 21, 2014, 02:05:40 am »

Static spawn doesnt seem to yield triffids or any other ooey gooey creature.  I found a wasp nest in a building, but no other fun things . . . 

am i correct to assume they wont show in static spawn mode?

Unless something's changed, Static allows for almost anything, just not anyWHERE. You'll need to go hunting for triffids, I haven't found very many in my playtrhoughs, but I only play on static.
And then, they will be weaponized. Like everything in this game, from kittens to babies, everything is a potential device of murder.
So if baseless speculation is all we have, we might as well treat it like fact.
Pages: 1 ... 650 651 [652] 653 654 ... 1086