Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 642 643 [644] 645 646 ... 1086

Author Topic: Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A roaming horde appears on the horizon!  (Read 1861288 times)

GrizzlyAdamz

• Bay Watcher
  • Herp de derp
    • View Profile
    • Check this shit out
Re: Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - Version 0.9 "Ma" released!
« Reply #9645 on: January 06, 2014, 12:00:07 am »

What I did was build a relatively maneuverable base-mobile which I drove from town to town & set up shop. Would unfold my bicycle once I get there, scav around and eat from newly-scav'd food whenever I can, (which I keep separate from the home vehicle's stocks, (about 3 of each ingredient, 5 for smaller things and 2 for large things)). Did that till I upgraded to a newer experimental, did it again, then haven't repeated it since- just get stuck on the 'collecting tools, food & books' stage.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2014, 12:12:22 am by GrizzlyAdamz »
Badges of honor
GENERATION 11: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Check this shit out- (it changes)
Profile->Modify Profile->Look and Layout->Current Theme: Default [Change]->Darkling (it's good for your eyes and looks better)

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9646 on: January 06, 2014, 12:11:52 pm »

I learned the hard way that you cannot duct-tape a luggage cart and a shopping cart together and still push it(it collides with itself apparently). Unfortunate, since it made me have to take two trips to pick up that barrel of single-malt whiskey(with 2800 portions) from a liquor store. The first load was bottles of everything else.

The game also crashes on exit. It's been doing that since the first release of 0.9, actually.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

teoleo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9647 on: January 10, 2014, 01:41:18 pm »

why in the last release the Graphic Tiles are only two?

how can install another tileset?
« Last Edit: January 10, 2014, 02:44:25 pm by teoleo »

wer6

• Bay Watcher
  • SCOUT DOESNT WANNA GIVE A KISS
    • View Profile
    • Pirate baaaayyyy!~
« Reply #9648 on: January 10, 2014, 04:57:55 pm »

Just curious about hte Version update, will the next one will we put 1.0, or will we put 1.0 beta?
Just before leaving, Psysquid quickly summons a Burrito in his mouth.

Akhier the Dragon hearted

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #9649 on: January 10, 2014, 05:36:42 pm »

Silly people, obviously it will be 0.a
Join us. The crazy is at a perfect temperature today.
So it seems I accidentally put my canteen in my wheelbarrow and didn't notice... and then I got really thirsty... so right before going to sleep I go to take a swig from my canteen and... end up snorting a line of low-grade meth.

teoleo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9650 on: January 11, 2014, 05:30:16 am »

please, how can install another tileset?

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #9651 on: January 11, 2014, 07:07:59 am »

please, how can install another tileset?

The installation notes should be in the OP for 90% of the tilesets. IIRC it's just drag and drop.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #9652 on: January 11, 2014, 09:53:09 am »

I keep getting
: error while loading shared libraries: liblua5.1.so.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
despite the fact that I already apt-get installed liblua5.1 :(
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

teoleo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9653 on: January 11, 2014, 10:19:54 am »

if i fight  a NPC with firearm or a bow i don't cause any damage...i think is a bug... i don't have any message : "you miss"....nothing, with melee weapons is all ok
« Last Edit: January 11, 2014, 01:37:12 pm by teoleo »

n9103

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Steam
« Reply #9654 on: January 11, 2014, 03:08:51 pm »

Sounds like the message for bouncing off armor is missing.
Few melee weapons do low enough damage to bounce off, so that's my guess.

sebcool

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9655 on: January 12, 2014, 10:12:49 am »

After browsing a bit on the wiki, I noticed that there a quite a few items on it that don't appear in the stable version (using the "Wish for item" debug command), like survivor backpacks, clothes that ignore any clothes-destroying mutations, and lots of light and heavy versions of existing clothes, and an honest-to-god survivor trenchcoat! (kevlar-plated, for maximum badass)

I kinda hope you guys are releasing a new version soon, because I can't possibly live with myself if I let my character die before having a chance to kick ass with that trenchcoat.
Derailing doesn't exist, derailed is the natural state of every thread.

Ivan Issaccs

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9656 on: January 12, 2014, 10:56:03 am »

A lot more survivor clothes exist, they're all craftable with tailoring and fabrication.

Also the wiki is massively out of date, needs people to work on it.
I always enjoy getting those immigrants that are like "I can make soap and potash and lye and cheese and-" then I cut them off with a "Hope you like bricks!" as I turn them into a mason.

sebcool

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9657 on: January 12, 2014, 11:44:46 am »

A lot more survivor clothes exist, they're all craftable with tailoring and fabrication.

Also the wiki is massively out of date, needs people to work on it.

Are those new survivor clothes on the experimental or the stable version? 'Cause I can't find them on the stable version.
Derailing doesn't exist, derailed is the natural state of every thread.

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9658 on: January 12, 2014, 12:22:48 pm »

I hope it doesn't go the path of Stone Soup, and become .10 (leading to .11, .12, etc). I don't care how many justifications they throw up, that way of doing things still seems silly to me.

This is the sensible, normal, and expected way to do it. Do you complain that your ip address begins with 192.168? Why is using a normal version number scheme silly but the numbering scheme being identical for everything else technical not?

Akhier the Dragon hearted

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #9659 on: January 12, 2014, 12:47:57 pm »

I hope it doesn't go the path of Stone Soup, and become .10 (leading to .11, .12, etc). I don't care how many justifications they throw up, that way of doing things still seems silly to me.
This is the sensible, normal, and expected way to do it. Do you complain that your ip address begins with 192.168? Why is using a normal version number scheme silly but the numbering scheme being identical for everything else technical not?
   It is a weird thing that people don't like .10 for versions. I think it is because with something like an ip it doesn't change where as versions count so multiple dots and using actual numbers like that throws people off a little. Also .a is still an option. That or you could convert your version number to binary for a real twist.
Join us. The crazy is at a perfect temperature today.
So it seems I accidentally put my canteen in my wheelbarrow and didn't notice... and then I got really thirsty... so right before going to sleep I go to take a swig from my canteen and... end up snorting a line of low-grade meth.
Pages: 1 ... 642 643 [644] 645 646 ... 1086