Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 603 604 [605] 606 607 ... 1086

Author Topic: Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A roaming horde appears on the horizon!  (Read 1860388 times)

Knave

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - Version 0.9 "Ma" released!
« Reply #9060 on: November 17, 2013, 05:28:57 pm »

I hear farming was added a while back, but was a little bare. How's it looking these days?

wer6

• Bay Watcher
  • SCOUT DOESNT WANNA GIVE A KISS
    • View Profile
    • Pirate baaaayyyy!~
« Reply #9061 on: November 17, 2013, 05:53:04 pm »

I think I might have A problem then. ((:P))
Just before leaving, Psysquid quickly summons a Burrito in his mouth.

Ivan Issaccs

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9062 on: November 17, 2013, 08:10:41 pm »

I got the new version working somewhat, since I turned on autosave Ive had no crashes touch wood... Anyway, 14 days in, at least ten spent with fucking common colds I've repaired a pickup truck with a V8 Engine. Skys the limit now.
I always enjoy getting those immigrants that are like "I can make soap and potash and lye and cheese and-" then I cut them off with a "Hope you like bricks!" as I turn them into a mason.

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
« Reply #9063 on: November 17, 2013, 09:30:24 pm »

I got the new version working somewhat, since I turned on autosave Ive had no crashes touch wood... Anyway, 14 days in, at least ten spent with fucking common colds I've repaired a pickup truck with a V8 Engine. Skys the limit now.
Get a filter mask ASAP (not a dust mask!) as they have enough environmental protection to make you immune to colds and flus.  I've taken the assumption that there's super-bugs out there in the interdimensional apocalypse, which explains why a cold is so brutal and you never seem to be healthy enough to avoid them.

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
« Reply #9064 on: November 17, 2013, 09:33:01 pm »

You can actually avoid colds somewhat by not eating junk and can make it easier by supplementing that with vitamins. Hidden Health statistic.
Diamonds are combustable, because they are made of Carbon.

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
« Reply #9065 on: November 17, 2013, 09:33:52 pm »

You can actually avoid colds somewhat by not eating junk and can make it easier by supplementing that with vitamins. Hidden Health statistic.
I'm aware, but it's so iffy and so hidden that I just wear filter masks all the time and it works.

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
« Reply #9066 on: November 17, 2013, 09:37:32 pm »

It's not really iffy. I've gotten one cold total in all my time playing the game because I never got in a habit of letting myself survive off the crap food and stuff. I usually don't even bother with a filter mask unless I see spores.
Diamonds are combustable, because they are made of Carbon.

Grendus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9067 on: November 17, 2013, 10:59:34 pm »

I typically use all the flu shots I find and take a handful of vitamins every day or so. Keeps the colds at bay. I mostly eat junk food and candy for the morale bonus.
A quick guide to surviving your first few days in CataclysmDDA:
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=121194.msg4796325;topicseen#msg4796325

SomeStupidGuy

• Bay Watcher
  • Just strummin' right along...
    • View Profile
« Reply #9068 on: November 17, 2013, 11:46:32 pm »

I typically use all the flu shots I find and take a handful of vitamins every day or so. Keeps the colds at bay. I mostly eat junk food and candy for the morale bonus.
More or less this.
And I generally consider filter masks to be nice to keep on hand for smoker murdering, but not much more than that, given the changes to fungi and such.
Your favorite pinko progressive nerd-gal. Probably.

GrizzlyAdamz

• Bay Watcher
  • Herp de derp
    • View Profile
    • Check this shit out
« Reply #9069 on: November 18, 2013, 12:06:53 am »

changes to fungi?
Badges of honor
GENERATION 11: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Check this shit out- (it changes)
Profile->Modify Profile->Look and Layout->Current Theme: Default [Change]->Darkling (it's good for your eyes and looks better)

Grendus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9070 on: November 18, 2013, 12:19:04 am »

The old code for fungal infection treated it like an inhaled disease. I'm guessing they now infect via skin contact - meaning pack some Royal Jelly or Fungicide if you want to take on a Fungal Bloom. On the bright side, as soon as the bloom is dead the fungi start dying off - sliced one up with a Katana (worked surprisingly well, though getting knocked back when the walls regrew hurt a bit) and by the time I walked back to my car they were gone. I had the Disease Resistant mutation, which helped a lot.
A quick guide to surviving your first few days in CataclysmDDA:
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=121194.msg4796325;topicseen#msg4796325

Frank2368

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9071 on: November 18, 2013, 02:09:36 am »

How do I make reinforced glass?

GrizzlyAdamz

• Bay Watcher
  • Herp de derp
    • View Profile
    • Check this shit out
« Reply #9072 on: November 18, 2013, 02:31:36 am »

A while back it was wire & an assload of normal glass. Check the IRC if you need quick answers in the future. (there's always someone on)
Badges of honor
GENERATION 11: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Profile->Modify Profile->Look and Layout->Current Theme: Default [Change]->Darkling (it's good for your eyes and looks better)

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #9073 on: November 18, 2013, 05:55:29 am »

So, in the "office" sections of the lab, there is a flooded office that

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

GrizzlyAdamz

• Bay Watcher
  • Herp de derp
    • View Profile
    • Check this shit out
« Reply #9074 on: November 18, 2013, 11:58:29 am »

So, in the "office" sections of the lab, there is a flooded office that

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I figured it was a reference to the first RE movie- lab ai detects an outbreak, locks everything down, starts flooding locked offices- guy grabs an axe and tries to break the nearby window, resulting in a pea-sized piece of it popping out.
Badges of honor
Pages: 1 ... 603 604 [605] 606 607 ... 1086