Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 586 587 [588] 589 590 ... 1086

Author Topic: Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A roaming horde appears on the horizon!  (Read 1860203 times)

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - Version 0.8 "Romero" released!
« Reply #8805 on: November 07, 2013, 05:44:24 pm »

I love that dog so much. Thanks again, Whales.

Mono124

• Bay Watcher
  • Into the abyss you go!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8806 on: November 07, 2013, 05:44:32 pm »

So what is the best car design? All of my cars keep breaking despite me putting steel plates on them, due to offroading or running over zombies.
Collin Quay- [145.9]-broadcasts: As a professional doctor, I have to say, dodge the fucking meteors or you will die.

GrizzlyAdamz

• Bay Watcher
  • Herp de derp
    • View Profile
    • Check this shit out
« Reply #8807 on: November 07, 2013, 06:08:55 pm »

The one that gets repaired. Though smaller vehicles require less repair, (virtue of running into less stuff, and fewer parts that can be damaged).
Badges of honor
GENERATION 11: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Check this shit out- (it changes)
Profile->Modify Profile->Look and Layout->Current Theme: Default [Change]->Darkling (it's good for your eyes and looks better)

Mono124

• Bay Watcher
  • Into the abyss you go!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8808 on: November 07, 2013, 06:25:23 pm »

The one that gets repaired. Though smaller vehicles require less repair, (virtue of running into less stuff, and fewer parts that can be damaged).
I can repair them for as long as I want to wait to do so (I have integrated toolset and solar panels, so I just have to wait and I can repair any damage really) but my issue is going through towns, my designs aren't always hefty enough to make it to a safe area for me to repair things at.
Collin Quay- [145.9]-broadcasts: As a professional doctor, I have to say, dodge the fucking meteors or you will die.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #8809 on: November 07, 2013, 06:30:40 pm »

I can repair them for as long as I want to wait to do so (I have integrated toolset and solar panels, so I just have to wait and I can repair any damage really) but my issue is going through towns, my designs aren't always hefty enough to make it to a safe area for me to repair things at.

Put a fuckload of armored frames in front of any useful parts, if you need drop another engine in there and not only you're good, but you also have a better acceleration.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

Grendus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8810 on: November 07, 2013, 06:46:46 pm »

Unfortunately, crashing is still kind of messed up. Back when I had the zomboni, I noticed that I could essentially drive it through a house with little to no damage it, but if I hit a squishy wolf at 70mph with the mounted blades I was liable to spin out and smash up parts that were a pain to replace (damage just seems to find Vehicle Welding Rigs). The car that takes the least damage is the small one that doesn't go above 40mph with a skilled driver at the wheel.
A quick guide to surviving your first few days in CataclysmDDA:
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=121194.msg4796325;topicseen#msg4796325

SomeStupidGuy

• Bay Watcher
  • Just strummin' right along...
    • View Profile
« Reply #8811 on: November 07, 2013, 06:51:08 pm »

I recommend not keeping the welding rig installed, but having it stored away in a trunk along with a welder with 200 or so charge.
Not ideal by any means, but whatcha gonna do.
Your favorite pinko progressive nerd-gal. Probably.

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8812 on: November 07, 2013, 07:10:34 pm »

It seems like I can't play the current experimental for all the crashing that happens. Whenever I approach a town, the whole thing just crashes for no real reason.

Goddamn it no we finished ALL THE DAMNED CRASH BUGS ALREADY. Arrrgh. What is happening now!? >_<

beorn080

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8813 on: November 07, 2013, 07:16:09 pm »

I prefer narrow vehicles to wider ones. Personally, motorcycles are my go to choice. Much easier to squeeze down alleys and between wrecks, though you dont get the good sweeping action. I might try to weld on a sweep of blades next time I do a run through town with one, as blades just fall off when they break.
Ustxu Iceraped the Frigid Crystal of Slaughter was a glacier titan. It was the only one of its kind. A gigantic feathered carp composed of crystal glass. It has five mouths full of treacherous teeth, enormous clear wings, and ferocious blue eyes. Beware its icy breath! Ustxu was associated with oceans, glaciers, boats, and murder.

coolio678

• Bay Watcher
  • whooshing winds and all that jazz
    • View Profile
« Reply #8814 on: November 07, 2013, 08:14:46 pm »

An Abomination monster is potentially planned actually (although that's already what the Jabberwock is).
*snip*
Yes, I can see it now. A jabberwock made of Jabberwocks.
Dwarves passing by get good thoughts from the mist of water and exploding felines.
Anyone of the equivalent to the royal bloodline in a nomadic group would have a sun tattooed on their hand, or a scrotum on their forehead (it's a little-known fact that fraternities are based off of long-forgotten tribes).

GrizzlyAdamz

• Bay Watcher
  • Herp de derp
    • View Profile
    • Check this shit out
« Reply #8815 on: November 07, 2013, 08:41:59 pm »

Yo dawg I herd you liked jabberwocks.
Badges of honor
GENERATION 11: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Check this shit out- (it changes)
Profile->Modify Profile->Look and Layout->Current Theme: Default [Change]->Darkling (it's good for your eyes and looks better)

Mono124

• Bay Watcher
  • Into the abyss you go!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8816 on: November 08, 2013, 02:44:37 am »

I melee'd a Jabberwock. With my crowbar. I won with half a bar of torso HP.

Nighthawk

• Bay Watcher
  • INT Score: Yes
    • View Profile
« Reply #8817 on: November 08, 2013, 08:11:28 pm »

Gordon Freeman cannot lose. Not even to Jabberwocks.

Grendus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8818 on: November 08, 2013, 08:25:33 pm »

Should have tried a Snickers Snack.
A quick guide to surviving your first few days in CataclysmDDA:
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=121194.msg4796325;topicseen#msg4796325

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8819 on: November 08, 2013, 08:27:27 pm »

eyyyy.
Pages: 1 ... 586 587 [588] 589 590 ... 1086