Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 584 585 [586] 587 588 ... 1086

Author Topic: Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A roaming horde appears on the horizon!  (Read 1860296 times)

Mono124

• Bay Watcher
  • Into the abyss you go!
    • View Profile
Re: Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - Version 0.8 "Romero" released!
« Reply #8775 on: November 06, 2013, 10:24:08 pm »

Also, since I have been using my car a lot, I have found that the water tank sometimes shows being 0% full but I can *drink* water from it until it would have emptied. The issue here is that if I attempt to drain water from it into, say, a waterskin, it tells me the waterskin has clear water, yet it has 0 portions and I cannot drink from it. Has that been reported?

EDIT: Actually, I'm at a loss for what to do next. I can't seem to find any science labs or anything, but I have an awesome car and can pretty much take out whole towns of zombies singlehandedly using a window frame. I sadly cannot find any CBM modules for power or anything, so other than look for science labs or other important areas I don't know what to do.
« Last Edit: November 06, 2013, 11:37:27 pm by Mono124 »
Collin Quay- [145.9]-broadcasts: As a professional doctor, I have to say, dodge the fucking meteors or you will die.

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8776 on: November 06, 2013, 11:42:47 pm »

butcher shockers for cmb's last I checked.  If you have no specials turned on, I believe labs won't spawn so... build a mansion in the woods??
Nom nom nom

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8777 on: November 06, 2013, 11:47:28 pm »

Building is a great use of time. Build yourself a great fort in the woods.

Also I can never really survive past the first few days. Any teeps?

Mono124

• Bay Watcher
  • Into the abyss you go!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8778 on: November 07, 2013, 01:03:50 am »

butcher shockers for cmb's last I checked.  If you have no specials turned on, I believe labs won't spawn so... build a mansion in the woods??
That's the thing though, I DO have specials turned on, which is why I'm at a loss as to why I haven't found any labs. I can't really go killing triffid or fungal home areas without more powerful gear (or at least, I don't feel comfortable doing so) yet I can't seem to find any labs. I'm tempted to just start over, I have literally spent most of an entire in game year marauding around the map.
Collin Quay- [145.9]-broadcasts: As a professional doctor, I have to say, dodge the fucking meteors or you will die.

Mech#4

• Bay Watcher
  • (ಠ_ృ) Like a sir.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8779 on: November 07, 2013, 01:07:30 am »

You can get the NPCs to operate on you?

I'd like to know as well, might make a reason to turn npcs on.
Just for installing bionics.

I wouldn't trust those NPC's, they'd probably try to replace your lung with a live grenade or something. Couple that with smoke and you'd have some rather explosive coughing.
Kaypy:Adamantine in a poorly defended fortress is the royal equivalent of an unclaimed sock on a battlefield.

Here's a thread listing Let's Players found on the internet. Feel free to add.
List of Notable Mods. Feel free to add.

GrizzlyAdamz

• Bay Watcher
  • Herp de derp
    • View Profile
    • Check this shit out
« Reply #8780 on: November 07, 2013, 02:38:06 am »

That's the thing though, I DO have specials turned on, which is why I'm at a loss as to why I haven't found any labs. I can't really go killing triffid or fungal home areas without more powerful gear (or at least, I don't feel comfortable doing so) yet I can't seem to find any labs. I'm tempted to just start over, I have literally spent most of an entire in game year marauding around the map.

You can import your character to new worlds- the character & their inventory. You'll also have to either drop any artifacts you're wearing or import the artifact file as well.
Badges of honor
GENERATION 11: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Check this shit out- (it changes)
Profile->Modify Profile->Look and Layout->Current Theme: Default [Change]->Darkling (it's good for your eyes and looks better)

Mono124

• Bay Watcher
  • Into the abyss you go!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8781 on: November 07, 2013, 04:07:03 am »

Yeah I went ahead and imported, and immediately found a Military Base 2 minutes from where I spawned. I used 1 of my almost 20 IDs that I had been hoarding in hopes of find a base on the old map, and promptly found nothing good in it (nothing worth opening the doors for anyway). Oh well, at least I know buildings are here now.

GrizzlyAdamz

• Bay Watcher
  • Herp de derp
    • View Profile
    • Check this shit out
« Reply #8782 on: November 07, 2013, 04:13:07 am »

Hehe, you should debug map vision and look to see if there were, in fact, no special buildings in the last world. Or did you restart on a version that didn't have world builder? D:
Badges of honor
GENERATION 11: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Check this shit out- (it changes)
Profile->Modify Profile->Look and Layout->Current Theme: Default [Change]->Darkling (it's good for your eyes and looks better)

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #8783 on: November 07, 2013, 08:13:45 am »

All you need is booze. The more the better. Then kill a zombie or two and cut up their clothes. Then you can start recalling Firebat quotes as you BURNINATE EVERYTHING.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
  • if you must die, die spectacularly
    • View Profile
« Reply #8786 on: November 07, 2013, 11:17:32 am »

In terms of hypothetical future monster types, do you guys think a zombie hulk should be the 'ultimate' zombie in terms of strength/difficulty, or do you think it could be topped in some way?

I've always got half an eye on additions for the late game (as most of my games end by getting bored when I have a decent firearms skill and can hunt Jabberwocks), and I'm keen to see new monster types, but I also worry a little about the old staple - zombies - being shunted aside.

The best way to make zombies more of a concern is probably more neat features like the 'special' types currently have (smoker, boomer, etc), but despite my best efforts my brain refuses to stop picturing something Akira-ish where multiple zombie hulks join together into some kind of city-covering, fleshy abomination.

I think zombies slowly spreading out of the towns as time goes on would make things much more difficult and put zombies in the focus.

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8787 on: November 07, 2013, 11:20:14 am »

In terms of hypothetical future monster types, do you guys think a zombie hulk should be the 'ultimate' zombie in terms of strength/difficulty, or do you think it could be topped in some way?

I've always got half an eye on additions for the late game (as most of my games end by getting bored when I have a decent firearms skill and can hunt Jabberwocks), and I'm keen to see new monster types, but I also worry a little about the old staple - zombies - being shunted aside.

The best way to make zombies more of a concern is probably more neat features like the 'special' types currently have (smoker, boomer, etc), but despite my best efforts my brain refuses to stop picturing something Akira-ish where multiple zombie hulks join together into some kind of city-covering, fleshy abomination.

Zomblob. I dunno, zombie necromancer is pretty scary. Maybe give it an entourage of hulks.

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8788 on: November 07, 2013, 11:21:37 am »

An Abomination monster is potentially planned actually (although that's already what the Jabberwock is).

The Masters and Necromancers are going to get buffed and made more interesting as well, eventually, and will hopefully, possibly, be an even greater challenge.

But ultimately, when nature reclaims a burned landscape, you don't expect the grass to grow big and strong or make a forest. After it's prepared the soil, that's when the trees begin to grow. If you think of the Netherum as a forest, and the zombies as the grass it's using to prepare the soil for it's advance, the biggest question is : what will the trees be like?

There's one particular new zombie type I'm thinking of introducing who's primary purpose will be helping that process along. ;)

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8789 on: November 07, 2013, 11:23:26 am »

Augh I forgot about Jabberwocks. I turned NPC's on and I was told to hunt a "thing" down from the shelter and AUGH. It was a jabberwock.
Pages: 1 ... 584 585 [586] 587 588 ... 1086