Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 576 577 [578] 579 580 ... 1086

Author Topic: Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A roaming horde appears on the horizon!  (Read 1860914 times)

werty892

• Bay Watcher
  • Neat.
    • View Profile
Re: Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - Version 0.8 "Romero" released!
« Reply #8655 on: November 03, 2013, 11:10:00 am »

Would anybody be interested in a CDDA RTD?

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #8657 on: November 03, 2013, 11:13:41 am »

Me too.

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

IronTomato

• Bay Watcher
  • VENGEANCE
    • View Profile
« Reply #8658 on: November 03, 2013, 11:14:05 am »

Yes, I would totally play it.
+ 9001

ArchAIngel

• Bay Watcher
  • Infested Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #8659 on: November 03, 2013, 12:27:50 pm »

Me! Just make it with multiple people. Single survivors are boring.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #8660 on: November 03, 2013, 12:47:55 pm »

Me! Just make it with multiple people. Single survivors are boring.

Well, if you want single survivors, you simply turn the game on.

But yeah, could be interesting.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

Grendus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8661 on: November 03, 2013, 02:14:12 pm »

So I ran into a sludge crawler. It was kind of hard to kill - I would routinely hit it for 100+ damage, but that didn't seem to bother it. Quick question though, does it have a massive HP pool or does it regenerate ludicrously fast?
A quick guide to surviving your first few days in CataclysmDDA:
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=121194.msg4796325;topicseen#msg4796325

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #8662 on: November 03, 2013, 02:20:02 pm »

Quick question though, does it have a massive HP pool or does it regenerate ludicrously fast?
Mostly the second, though a little bit of the first. Try lighting it on fire, that should help you take it down.
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8663 on: November 03, 2013, 02:26:46 pm »

Playing the experimental I dled last night - killing child zombies with melee weapons, I'm not getting any morale penalty (character has normal vision if that matters.... I could see farsighted and no glasses being a good way to avoid looking in the kid's eyes as you drop them.)
For every trouble under the sun, there is an answer, or there is none.
If there is one, then seek until you find it.
If there is none, then never ever mind it.

Grendus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8664 on: November 03, 2013, 04:28:18 pm »

Quick question though, does it have a massive HP pool or does it regenerate ludicrously fast?
Mostly the second, though a little bit of the first. Try lighting it on fire, that should help you take it down.
Yep, that's how I killed it. Just needed a little extra damage per round to bring it down. I'm hitting 100 damage on a crit now, and getting crits regularly.

Goos are really annoying. I had an infestation in an area I was clearing, and in the amount of time it took to rapidly loot a single house (using 'V' to find anything useful) it would go from a few ?'s behind walls to a tide of goos that took half an hour and all of my Morale to kill. Not really dangerous, as they don't hit for enough damage to actually hurt me, but it's annoying and they put some real wear and tear on my clothing.
A quick guide to surviving your first few days in CataclysmDDA:
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=121194.msg4796325;topicseen#msg4796325

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8665 on: November 03, 2013, 05:24:30 pm »

Since I can't 'fix' goo infestation, goo means get out of town for me.  There's other towns, some of them won't have goo.  I just won't stay near slime these days ;p

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8666 on: November 03, 2013, 05:30:26 pm »

I don't seem to have any problem with goo.  It dosn't seem to spread too far excluding a couple stragglers after passing through a place, and it spawns relatively easy critters to gain skill on.  Just make sure they can't corner ya and yer good.
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8667 on: November 03, 2013, 05:46:01 pm »

I don't seem to have any problem with goo.  It dosn't seem to spread too far excluding a couple stragglers after passing through a place, and it spawns relatively easy critters to gain skill on.  Just make sure they can't corner ya and yer good.

Hrm.  All those points are good ones.  And goo isn't 'dangerous' in the sense that Hulks are or anything - it's just that they take over the area and I can't stop them.

I'm supposed to be taking everything back and they are supposed to try and stop me!  (Least that's my preference)

It makes me sad when I load up my game and see that it's loading over a thousand things - that seems to be related to the number of living enemies.  If I 'hang out' near spawny things, that number gets bigger fast and it never, ever seems to go down.  I've got faith that I can 'clean out' most of the infinite spawners, but that there's 'nothing I can do' about the slimes, that makes me a sad survivor.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #8668 on: November 03, 2013, 05:54:06 pm »

Hrm.  All those points are good ones.  And goo isn't 'dangerous' in the sense that Hulks are or anything - it's just that they take over the area and I can't stop them.

I'm supposed to be taking everything back and they are supposed to try and stop me!  (Least that's my preference)

It makes me sad when I load up my game and see that it's loading over a thousand things - that seems to be related to the number of living enemies.  If I 'hang out' near spawny things, that number gets bigger fast and it never, ever seems to go down.  I've got faith that I can 'clean out' most of the infinite spawners, but that there's 'nothing I can do' about the slimes, that makes me a sad survivor.

Wouldn't a nuke do the trick? I don't know whether it actually turns the terrain into Crater or something, but if it does, it should work.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8669 on: November 03, 2013, 06:08:34 pm »

Wouldn't a nuke do the trick? I don't know whether it actually turns the terrain into Crater or something, but if it does, it should work.

Unsure.  I know fire burns each tile of slime pit away, and I've tried that but spawning continued; a few pages back in the thread a Dev said that you cannot stop slimes from spawning, there's nothing to 'kill' to end it and removing the slime tiles isn't an answer either.
Pages: 1 ... 576 577 [578] 579 580 ... 1086