Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 560 561 [562] 563 564 ... 1086

Author Topic: Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A roaming horde appears on the horizon!  (Read 1861820 times)

GrizzlyAdamz

• Bay Watcher
  • Herp de derp
    • View Profile
    • Check this shit out
Re: Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - Version 0.8 "Romero" released!
« Reply #8415 on: October 24, 2013, 11:50:58 pm »

Just found a launchers skillbook! My skill actually increased beyond 0!
Badges of honor
GENERATION 11: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Check this shit out- (it changes)
Profile->Modify Profile->Look and Layout->Current Theme: Default [Change]->Darkling (it's good for your eyes and looks better)

Darkmere

• Bay Watcher
  • Exploding me won't bring back your honey.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8416 on: October 25, 2013, 02:07:37 am »

Just found a launchers skillbook! My skill actually increased beyond 0!

... and hopefully past 1?
And then, they will be weaponized. Like everything in this game, from kittens to babies, everything is a potential device of murder.
So if baseless speculation is all we have, we might as well treat it like fact.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #8417 on: October 25, 2013, 02:14:58 am »

EDIT2: Man, I'm growing ever more convinced that the swamp critters are the true infection. They don't seem to ever stop following, they seem to roam overly far from their swamps and rivers, and there seems to be no end to them. I'm incredibly glad I pulled 13 inactive turrets out of the rubble of a military base, they were worth the two arms blown off I paid for them.

Who needs arms anyway?

You need to find a set of black plate mail. NOW.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #8418 on: October 25, 2013, 04:25:22 am »

Do we have a place where you can see how much armor you got on each body part?

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

GrizzlyAdamz

• Bay Watcher
  • Herp de derp
    • View Profile
    • Check this shit out
« Reply #8419 on: October 25, 2013, 04:28:42 am »

'+' is the advanced armor screen, should be what you want.
Badges of honor
GENERATION 11: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Profile->Modify Profile->Look and Layout->Current Theme: Default [Change]->Darkling (it's good for your eyes and looks better)

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #8420 on: October 25, 2013, 04:34:15 am »

It has individual armor rating, but I was looking for something that'd give us a sum of the ratings (weighted by coverage I guess) on each body part.

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

azmodean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8421 on: October 25, 2013, 09:11:28 am »

That will be where it is shown once we get around to adding it.
I don't think Jesus died from thorns being pushed into his brain. RTFA

Grendus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8422 on: October 25, 2013, 01:19:07 pm »

Have they gotten around to making changes to the skill loss system yet? I'm starting to see skill decay overnight (like, I cooked dinner and by the time I woke up cooking was already red).
A quick guide to surviving your first few days in CataclysmDDA:
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=121194.msg4796325;topicseen#msg4796325

Darkmere

• Bay Watcher
  • Exploding me won't bring back your honey.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8423 on: October 25, 2013, 01:22:20 pm »

Have they gotten around to making changes to the skill loss system yet? I'm starting to see skill decay overnight (like, I cooked dinner and by the time I woke up cooking was already red).

Just turn skill rust off on the options menu. It's too much of a hassle to bother with as it is.
And then, they will be weaponized. Like everything in this game, from kittens to babies, everything is a potential device of murder.
So if baseless speculation is all we have, we might as well treat it like fact.

Steelmagic

• Bay Watcher
  • Insanity makes everything fun!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8424 on: October 25, 2013, 01:42:13 pm »

I love the internal furnace CBM so much. Just because it can give me the message "You eat your matchbook."
When i say "I'm no expert but..." It means "I have no idea what the hell I'm talking about but I'm going to try to sound like i do."

Grendus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8425 on: October 25, 2013, 01:53:12 pm »

The only thing I don't like about the Internal Furnace is that I keep accidentally eating my filter mask. Sigh, the hazards of the apocalypse.
A quick guide to surviving your first few days in CataclysmDDA:
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=121194.msg4796325;topicseen#msg4796325

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #8426 on: October 25, 2013, 04:08:49 pm »

The only thing I don't like about the Internal Furnace is that I keep accidentally eating my filter mask. Sigh, the hazards of the apocalypse.

It's unintentionally dangerous in general. Especially when the bloody items I'm carrying won't stop assigning themselves letters other items already use.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8427 on: October 25, 2013, 04:24:39 pm »

It's unintentionally dangerous in general. Especially when the bloody items I'm carrying won't stop assigning themselves letters other items already use.

Yes, I'd like to see it have a way to turn it on or off as an active power source, so you can choose when to be able to 'eat' anything and when you don't - I'd rather have that than have a confirmation added every time you try to consume an item marked for the furnace, because there's times when yes, I might really want to combust several dozen things in a very small amount of time, and then long stretches where no, I really don't want to combust anything, no no no.

I currently just don't install it.
For every trouble under the sun, there is an answer, or there is none.
If there is one, then seek until you find it.
If there is none, then never ever mind it.

AVE

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8428 on: October 25, 2013, 04:32:15 pm »

Is it intentional that I cannot push a cart with RV kitchen unit in it? It can be pulled normally, it just cannot be pushed. It is weird.

P.S. How can I fill water tank when there is also a car battery installed there?
« Last Edit: October 25, 2013, 04:49:29 pm by AVE »

GrizzlyAdamz

• Bay Watcher
  • Herp de derp
    • View Profile
    • Check this shit out
« Reply #8429 on: October 25, 2013, 05:05:48 pm »

It might be because it's a 2-wide cart if you're trying to grab a vendor cart. My guess at least.

On those car batteries: what the heck are they for?! Do you need one for an electric engine?
Badges of honor
Pages: 1 ... 560 561 [562] 563 564 ... 1086