Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 546 547 [548] 549 550 ... 1086

Author Topic: Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A roaming horde appears on the horizon!  (Read 1862410 times)

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
Re: Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - Version 0.8 "Romero" released!
« Reply #8205 on: October 19, 2013, 04:24:48 pm »

Interesting, thanks for the quote Imp, i will have to drink some booze and soda (as i want to avoid those drugs to not add another layer of difficulty on my already though situation with those bears/cougars/sludge crawler that want to popup suddenly) to get back this odd sleep day not at night under a more desired schedule, good i have some stores nearby that i saw featuring those.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2013, 04:36:31 pm by Robsoie »

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #8206 on: October 19, 2013, 04:26:06 pm »

edit : indeed, pressed quote instead of modify , so .... oops
« Last Edit: October 19, 2013, 04:36:39 pm by Robsoie »

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8207 on: October 19, 2013, 04:31:43 pm »

...what?
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8208 on: October 19, 2013, 04:33:04 pm »

i assumed severe editing failure. live and let live.

GrizzlyAdamz

• Bay Watcher
  • Herp de derp
    • View Profile
    • Check this shit out
« Reply #8209 on: October 19, 2013, 04:44:28 pm »

So I went to inspect this survivor, found out he was a nerd 'looking for some choice systems to hack'. Didn't have anything of value, so continued on.
2 minutes later, I come back the same way and find him dealing the deathblow to a grizzly with his weapon of choice: a soldering iron.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Can you apply first aid/bandages to others? I wouldn't be surprised if the tough little fellow's missing a limb or two..
« Last Edit: October 19, 2013, 04:48:22 pm by GrizzlyAdamz »
Badges of honor
GENERATION 11: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Check this shit out- (it changes)
Profile->Modify Profile->Look and Layout->Current Theme: Default [Change]->Darkling (it's good for your eyes and looks better)

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8210 on: October 19, 2013, 04:49:38 pm »

Interesting, thanks for the quote Imp, i will have to drink some booze and soda (as i want to avoid those drugs to not add another layer of difficulty on my already though situation with those bears/cougars/sludge crawler that want to popup suddenly) to get back this odd sleep day not at night under a more desired schedule, good i have some stores nearby that i saw featuring those.

Another choice you have is to ignore tiredness until you want to sleep.  It apparently doesn't add any harmful effects to be tired, even dead tired.  I've not pushed extremely far into dead tired, but I've never had a character just curl up and go to sleep.

Since a sleeping character is healing, I tend to use tiredness as a resource to be spent when my character is hurt, to get some resource-light but time-consumptive healing done across the whole body.
For every trouble under the sun, there is an answer, or there is none.
If there is one, then seek until you find it.
If there is none, then never ever mind it.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8211 on: October 19, 2013, 05:07:54 pm »

I dont think you can heal NPCs.
They may be able to heal themselves, try selling him some meds.
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

Owlga

• Bay Watcher
  • Turbo times two
    • View Profile
« Reply #8212 on: October 19, 2013, 05:55:42 pm »

Another choice you have is to ignore tiredness until you want to sleep.  It apparently doesn't add any harmful effects to be tired, even dead tired.  I've not pushed extremely far into dead tired, but I've never had a character just curl up and go to sleep.

From watching janet play I've seen it goes like this. Tired, Dead tired, Exhausted, and then past Exhausted instead of getting a status change you get the message "Survivor sleep now" and you fall to sleep on the spot.

I've also seen her inadvertantly take catnaps while just tired. Neither of us know what's doing that as it never seems to happen on dead tired and farther.
Quote from: Cupaketan
if u cant taek a cake, dont do a bake, in a kitchen
so u hav2 leve it ok bc its 2 hot 4u
Owlga is the chillest anime girl ever.

Grendus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8213 on: October 19, 2013, 08:33:21 pm »

So I know this was detailed earlier, but I can't remember - is there a way to split large stacks of items? I have about 175 bandages and they're REALLY EFFING HEAVY!
A quick guide to surviving your first few days in CataclysmDDA:
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=121194.msg4796325;topicseen#msg4796325

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8214 on: October 19, 2013, 08:43:04 pm »

It appears the only way is to pick them all up, and then drop them.  If you type a number before pressing the inventory item's key, you'll drop a partial stack.

Grendus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8215 on: October 19, 2013, 08:46:57 pm »

It worked. Thank you.
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=121194.msg4796325;topicseen#msg4796325

NullForceOmega

• Bay Watcher
  • But, really, it's divine. Divinely tiresome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8216 on: October 19, 2013, 10:04:02 pm »

This game kicks my ass.  Latest run, 25 point start, android, a few points in some useful skills, solid attributes.  First day influenza, okay, concentrate on survival, nope slime pit, fuck you Null, fuck you.
Grey morality is for people who wish to avoid retribution for misdeeds.

NullForceOmega is an immortal neanderthal who has been an amnesiac for the past 5000 years.

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8217 on: October 19, 2013, 10:15:20 pm »

nope slime pit

At this point for you, yes.  Exactly that.  Start game, check map, see slime pit, suicide and start over.  I'd say the same for fungal stuff and triffid stuff too.

They're not that common.  You'll get maps where you have two or more 'oh no' stuffs in sight - but you'll also get maps where it's just you and the normal stuff - and that's the map that's worth your time for now.
For every trouble under the sun, there is an answer, or there is none.
If there is one, then seek until you find it.
If there is none, then never ever mind it.

Grendus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8218 on: October 19, 2013, 10:19:04 pm »

This game kicks my ass.  Latest run, 25 point start, android, a few points in some useful skills, solid attributes.  First day influenza, okay, concentrate on survival, nope slime pit, fuck you Null, fuck you.

Bad luck. Just keep trying, once you get the hang of things you'll find that survival is very manageable in most scenarios.

NullForceOmega

• Bay Watcher
  • But, really, it's divine. Divinely tiresome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8219 on: October 19, 2013, 10:20:45 pm »

I get a slime pit on average evry other map, or a trifflid grove, or a fungal spire.  In point of fact tho' this one was revealed exactly one square north of the revealed map while I was looking for water, I actually don't do to bad against the slimes, but combined with the 'flu and needing water I couldn't avoid them, they finally ganged up on me and that was that.  Sometimes I seem to get stuck on the bottom of the bell curve with RNGs, and get consecutively trashed by everything, it really sucks.  Honestly, when I can get something done in game I enjoy it immensely, but it is very frustration to get repeatedly creamed for what seems to be no good reason.
Grey morality is for people who wish to avoid retribution for misdeeds.

NullForceOmega is an immortal neanderthal who has been an amnesiac for the past 5000 years.
Pages: 1 ... 546 547 [548] 549 550 ... 1086