Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 535 536 [537] 538 539 ... 1086

Author Topic: Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A roaming horde appears on the horizon!  (Read 1863140 times)

Farce

• Bay Watcher
  • muttermutterbabble
    • View Profile
Re: Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - Version 0.8 "Romero" released!
« Reply #8040 on: October 17, 2013, 05:24:40 am »

Oh hey, that worked.

After an intense amount of ADVENTURE though, I am now stuck deep in the city in my (new) severely busted-up car, whose headlights are broken.  Plenty of gas... it's just that all my vital bits are really damaged, and I'm scared of driving into something and going up in flames, or breaking the engine or whatever.

Sometimes I notice that even though it's night and I've only got Night Vision, I'll end up having a wider radius of sight - like, it was at 4 or 5 at one point.  It seems to have reset after I saved, exited, and re-entered the game, though...  What's up with that?

wer6

• Bay Watcher
  • SCOUT DOESNT WANNA GIVE A KISS
    • View Profile
    • Pirate baaaayyyy!~
« Reply #8041 on: October 17, 2013, 05:53:09 am »

Oh hey, that worked.

After an intense amount of ADVENTURE though, I am now stuck deep in the city in my (new) severely busted-up car, whose headlights are broken.  Plenty of gas... it's just that all my vital bits are really damaged, and I'm scared of driving into something and going up in flames, or breaking the engine or whatever.

Sometimes I notice that even though it's night and I've only got Night Vision, I'll end up having a wider radius of sight - like, it was at 4 or 5 at one point.  It seems to have reset after I saved, exited, and re-entered the game, though...  What's up with that?
head lights are broken , it bugged and didn't think about them and gave you free light for A while.
Just before leaving, Psysquid quickly summons a Burrito in his mouth.

Farce

• Bay Watcher
  • muttermutterbabble
    • View Profile
« Reply #8042 on: October 17, 2013, 05:58:09 am »

No, like, physically broken.  They're all greyed out when you look at 'em.

Incidentally, a buncha the vehicles in town I occasionally run into have their headlights on, which is neat.

Silfurdreki

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8043 on: October 17, 2013, 06:38:26 am »

The increased vision radius at night is due to moonlight, I think. It gradually increases, peaks at full moon and then decreases again. It should cycle roughly 3 times a season, if it's realistically modeled.
Entropy is not what it used to be.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #8044 on: October 17, 2013, 08:26:17 am »

For the first time I really realized how decent the starting shelter can be. It even has a working computer for 24h indoor reading!
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8045 on: October 17, 2013, 08:29:35 am »

Yep, expanded vision at night is due to moonlight.

Sharp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8046 on: October 17, 2013, 08:53:40 am »

For the first time I really realized how decent the starting shelter can be. It even has a working computer for 24h indoor reading!

Lightstrip is easy to create and lasts for a very long time, people keep saying about building indoor vehicles just for headlights but a lightstrip is portable, light, easy to make, lasts for years and once it's done its easy to just recharge.

Don't even need flashlights, just carry a light strip and then chuck it around like a glow-stick.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #8047 on: October 17, 2013, 08:59:56 am »

Any idea on when the next stable release is going to be out?
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #8048 on: October 17, 2013, 09:00:40 am »

Don't even need flashlights, just carry a light strip and then chuck it around like a glow-stick.
It's not bright enough to read by though.

Grendus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8049 on: October 17, 2013, 09:20:00 am »

I can vouch for the lightstrip being bright enough to read by. It's actually what I use for most of my reading and sewing after it gets too dark to scavenge.
A quick guide to surviving your first few days in CataclysmDDA:
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=121194.msg4796325;topicseen#msg4796325

Iceblaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 50% less in-jokes!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8050 on: October 17, 2013, 09:20:40 am »

Plus throwing that Lightstrip around levels up throwing :P

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #8051 on: October 17, 2013, 09:22:06 am »

I can vouch for the lightstrip being bright enough to read by. It's actually what I use for most of my reading and sewing after it gets too dark to scavenge.
Huh, that's weird. It's possible it's got changed. Is that with it in you inventory or on the ground? Only I had a lit one lying around my base for ages without being able to use it to read by.

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8052 on: October 17, 2013, 09:26:54 am »

You can read by lightstrips and glowsticks if they're in your inventory.  And lightstrips have like a 36 hour lifespan or something.

Sharp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8053 on: October 17, 2013, 10:11:13 am »

You can read by lightstrips and glowsticks if they're in your inventory.  And lightstrips have like a 36 hour lifespan or something.

I dunno if this changed either but I had ones which lasted for game years.

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8054 on: October 17, 2013, 10:38:30 am »

I dunno if this changed either but I had ones which lasted for game years.
That'd probably be some sort of bug...
Pages: 1 ... 535 536 [537] 538 539 ... 1086