Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 495 496 [497] 498 499 ... 1086

Author Topic: Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A roaming horde appears on the horizon!  (Read 1860078 times)

werty892

• Bay Watcher
  • Neat.
    • View Profile
Re: Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - Version 0.8 "Romero" released!
« Reply #7440 on: October 06, 2013, 09:23:54 am »

I'm trying to install JackBread's tileset, but the instructions don't seem to do anything. Any help?

Nienhaus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7441 on: October 06, 2013, 09:35:05 am »

I'm trying to install JackBread's tileset, but the instructions don't seem to do anything. Any help?
PM me what you gfx.txt file looks like.
« Last Edit: October 06, 2013, 09:37:40 am by Nienhaus »

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #7442 on: October 06, 2013, 02:17:08 pm »

So hows dat mac version?
It's been handed off to some people who have more experience then I at developing for mac, and they've made some interesting progress. For now if you decide you want to play cataclysm you can always compile your own; it doesn't take too much work to do, just a bit of time.
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

MrWiggles

• Bay Watcher
  • Doubt Everything
    • View Profile
« Reply #7443 on: October 06, 2013, 02:54:07 pm »

So hows dat mac version?
It's been handed off to some people who have more experience then I at developing for mac, and they've made some interesting progress. For now if you decide you want to play cataclysm you can always compile your own; it doesn't take too much work to do, just a bit of time.
Danke
Doesn't like running from bears = clearly isn't an Eastern European
I'm Making a Mush! Navitas: City Limits ~ Inspired by Dresden Files and SCP.
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=113699.msg3470055#msg3470055
http://www.tf2items.com/id/MisterWigggles666#

Grendus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7444 on: October 06, 2013, 03:43:13 pm »

Note to self - when installing an RV welding kit on your solar-RV-in-progress, put the welding kit on the ground before you install. 34 pain from carrying too much weight... awesome, bring on the codeine. On the bright side, now I can stop using batteries to weld the rest of the car together. I should have done this sooner!

Edit: Does anyone know a good way to train Computers aside from books? I have one that requires Computers 3, but no way to train it otherwise, at all.
« Last Edit: October 06, 2013, 04:02:06 pm by Grendus »
A quick guide to surviving your first few days in CataclysmDDA:
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=121194.msg4796325;topicseen#msg4796325

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7445 on: October 06, 2013, 04:01:25 pm »

Question: Does acid rain damage vehicles? I pulled my scooter under cover just in case, but I was just wondering if I was being paranoid or if it was a real concern.
Vehicles seem to be immune to acid rain.

Akhier the Dragon hearted

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #7446 on: October 06, 2013, 04:11:39 pm »

If they where not then the town streets would be covered in cars like they are now except everything would be completely broken.
Join us. The crazy is at a perfect temperature today.
So it seems I accidentally put my canteen in my wheelbarrow and didn't notice... and then I got really thirsty... so right before going to sleep I go to take a swig from my canteen and... end up snorting a line of low-grade meth.

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7447 on: October 06, 2013, 05:09:35 pm »

Edit: Does anyone know a good way to train Computers aside from books? I have one that requires Computers 3, but no way to train it otherwise, at all.

Another book (called "How to surf the web or something like that) should bring Computers up to 3. Otherwise... have fun with all of the security bots that you'll have to spawn!

weegth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7448 on: October 06, 2013, 05:18:15 pm »

Does anyone know a good way to train Computers aside from books? I have one that requires Computers 3, but no way to train it otherwise, at all.
You can find a console in a science lab with an option "Upload to Melchior" or something like this and try using it. Failure does not make anything bad happen and trains your skill. Although finding "How to browse the web" is probably easier.

Grendus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7449 on: October 06, 2013, 05:31:43 pm »

Does anyone know a good way to train Computers aside from books? I have one that requires Computers 3, but no way to train it otherwise, at all.
You can find a console in a science lab with an option "Upload to Melchior" or something like this and try using it. Failure does not make anything bad happen and trains your skill. Although finding "How to browse the web" is probably easier.

Hmm, now adding to the list of newbie questions, where do I find rebar? I'm trying to build a jackhammer, hoping to smash my way into the vault in the doctors office before I leave in my solar powered RV (which I'd finish if it would stop raining acid... why couldn't I have been in Texas when the apocalypse hit, it almost never rains there). I either have or know how to get everything but rebar.
A quick guide to surviving your first few days in CataclysmDDA:
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=121194.msg4796325;topicseen#msg4796325

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7450 on: October 06, 2013, 05:43:18 pm »

Hmm, now adding to the list of newbie questions, where do I find rebar? I'm trying to build a jackhammer, hoping to smash my way into the vault in the doctors office before I leave in my solar powered RV (which I'd finish if it would stop raining acid... why couldn't I have been in Texas when the apocalypse hit, it almost never rains there). I either have or know how to get everything but rebar.
Burn down a building, or do some other thing to destroy a wall. But fire is probably the easiest.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

GrizzlyAdamz

• Bay Watcher
  • Herp de derp
    • View Profile
    • Check this shit out
« Reply #7451 on: October 06, 2013, 09:12:29 pm »

You'll only find some drugs and maybe some mediocre cutting weapons. Best I found was a machete.
Badges of honor
GENERATION 11: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Check this shit out- (it changes)
Profile->Modify Profile->Look and Layout->Current Theme: Default [Change]->Darkling (it's good for your eyes and looks better)

Blaze

• Bay Watcher
  • The Chaos that Crawls up on you with a Smile.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7452 on: October 06, 2013, 09:19:24 pm »

You'll only find some drugs and maybe some mediocre cutting weapons. Best I found was a machete.

That's some hardcore surgery.

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7453 on: October 06, 2013, 09:23:46 pm »

For all we know everything south of Tennesee is a horrible acid wasteland full of slimes swamp bugs and Moose....Meese, mooses...whatever.

Or it could just be graboid country.  Those things love arid wastelands.
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7454 on: October 06, 2013, 09:49:42 pm »

Living in the area, everything south of Tennessee is probably underwater by the time Cataclysm hits - not because of any rising water levels, but because humidity hot 100%, and the air became water.  It rains ALL THE TIME and is hot.  So yes, swamp creatures would be the primary occupants.
Pages: 1 ... 495 496 [497] 498 499 ... 1086