Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 465 466 [467] 468 469 ... 1086

Author Topic: Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A roaming horde appears on the horizon!  (Read 1828150 times)

Darkmere

• Bay Watcher
  • Exploding me won't bring back your honey.
    • View Profile
Re: Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - Version 0.8 "Romero" released!
« Reply #6990 on: September 29, 2013, 02:17:02 pm »

If there's no bushes, what will we exploit to fight zombies and wolves without taking damage in fields? D:

Shopping carts. Armor. Bows. Small rocks. Traps. Pits. Trapped pits.
And then, they will be weaponized. Like everything in this game, from kittens to babies, everything is a potential device of murder.
So if baseless speculation is all we have, we might as well treat it like fact.

Akhier the Dragon hearted

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #6991 on: September 29, 2013, 02:24:20 pm »

I did not say no bushes, I said less
Join us. The crazy is at a perfect temperature today.
So it seems I accidentally put my canteen in my wheelbarrow and didn't notice... and then I got really thirsty... so right before going to sleep I go to take a swig from my canteen and... end up snorting a line of low-grade meth.

Iceblaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 50% less in-jokes!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6992 on: September 29, 2013, 02:34:47 pm »

Alright so I found this abandoned boarded up house in the forest with nothing of importance in it...

Is this a secret or something? DOn't have screenies as save got fucked before of my unwillingness to turn off NPCs

Scelly9

• Bay Watcher
  • That crazy long-haired queer liberal communist
    • View Profile
« Reply #6993 on: September 29, 2013, 02:36:20 pm »

Or just fix collisions to use the vehicles weight.
You taste the jug! It is ceramic.
Quote from: Loud Whispers
SUPPORT THE COMMUNIST GAY MOVEMENT!

Kaitol

• Bay Watcher
  • Heya, Red.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6994 on: September 29, 2013, 02:44:17 pm »

Wow. I thought fungal spires would be difficult. One molotov to the thing though and its a huge raging inferno.

Mushrooms burn gooooooooood.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6995 on: September 29, 2013, 03:10:45 pm »

I just got a relatively lucky run. I came in on the corner of a town, and as mentioned before the occupants seemed to be entertaining themselves by smashing up houses in a big wave through the town. I mostly managed to avoid them because of it, apart from the 20 or so that I've had to kill because of them hearing my cold. Doesn't matter though because I had a crowbar and enough abandoned houses to hardly take a scratch. After making myself some delicious banana-oatmeal I had a poke around the surroundings.
Helicopter crash. Yesssss.
Swiped a military backpack, a helmet, and some camo gear to cover up my otherwise poorly protected body. Unfortunately, a couple of zombies were hanging around there because they didn't hear the window-smashing riots, but I led them over the wreckage a few times to bash them to death. I had a few bite wounds but it can't really be helped.
I checked around the other houses and found a hacksaw (oh yes), various pieces of warm clothing, some water, and best of all some disinfectant in case the wounds got infected.
I then went to the bar one street over and pryed open the back door. I could see a mostly-intact car out front, and plenty of alcohol in the bar, so that's good. I went into the furthest-out house and closed all the windows. I was feeling tired so I cauterised myself and slept off the pain. I still have a cold that I got basically immediately after eating some crisps earlier, but the pain from my wounds is basically gone.
So I have a bunch of tools for crafting, a military backpack, some nice clothes, and a city that is largely empty.

Pretty good.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

GrizzlyAdamz

• Bay Watcher
  • Herp de derp
    • View Profile
    • Check this shit out
« Reply #6996 on: September 29, 2013, 03:21:35 pm »

Wow. I thought fungal spires would be difficult. One molotov to the thing though and its a huge raging inferno.

Mushrooms burn gooooooooood.
I'm tripping balls!

In other news,
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
That was rather..abortive.
Badges of honor
GENERATION 11: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Check this shit out- (it changes)
Profile->Modify Profile->Look and Layout->Current Theme: Default [Change]->Darkling (it's good for your eyes and looks better)

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #6997 on: September 29, 2013, 03:33:56 pm »

Yeah don't think that objective/questline is in yet

Kaitol

• Bay Watcher
  • Heya, Red.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6998 on: September 29, 2013, 03:36:01 pm »

What the dick game. I walk outside with some minor crack cravings bringing my speed down to 83ish and get blindsided by a moose. Fine, I'm right next to a bush, and get into a duel with the moose with my pocket knife, take a chunk of damage but I can deal. My speeds pretty low, but I block the moose like a boss. Then a zombie dog walks up when the moose is nearly dead and I'm pretty damaged, I think damn it, and pull back a few steps and move to get into a better position.

Then two wolves come in from my right and left. At this point I'm just screaming gaaaaaaammeeeeeeee inside my brain.

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6999 on: September 29, 2013, 03:47:53 pm »

They smelled your weakness.

GrizzlyAdamz

• Bay Watcher
  • Herp de derp
    • View Profile
    • Check this shit out
« Reply #7000 on: September 29, 2013, 04:25:34 pm »

The wolves moose will feast well tonight.
Badges of honor
GENERATION 11: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Check this shit out- (it changes)
Profile->Modify Profile->Look and Layout->Current Theme: Default [Change]->Darkling (it's good for your eyes and looks better)

coolio678

• Bay Watcher
  • whooshing winds and all that jazz
    • View Profile
« Reply #7001 on: September 29, 2013, 04:32:04 pm »

How would one go about removing a wall? I'm trying to build a door, but I don't know how to get rid of a wall tile. Trying disassemble furniture on it didn't work, and whacking it with my crowbar a few times doesn't seem to be doing anything.
Dwarves passing by get good thoughts from the mist of water and exploding felines.
Anyone of the equivalent to the royal bloodline in a nomadic group would have a sun tattooed on their hand, or a scrotum on their forehead (it's a little-known fact that fraternities are based off of long-forgotten tribes).

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7002 on: September 29, 2013, 04:40:01 pm »

How would one go about removing a wall? I'm trying to build a door, but I don't know how to get rid of a wall tile. Trying disassemble furniture on it didn't work, and whacking it with my crowbar a few times doesn't seem to be doing anything.
Jackhammer, explosives, or bait a hulk over.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7003 on: September 29, 2013, 04:54:40 pm »

The last one seems ill-advised.
What you could do is burn down the whole house. Then you'll have plenty of room! Well, you do have to dig out the rubble, but still.

coolio678

• Bay Watcher
  • whooshing winds and all that jazz
    • View Profile
« Reply #7004 on: September 29, 2013, 05:17:05 pm »

Dang, I was afraid it would be something like that. I was hoping that a stone axe would be enough to punch through a wall, but it looks like I might have to make friends with a hulk.
Dwarves passing by get good thoughts from the mist of water and exploding felines.
Anyone of the equivalent to the royal bloodline in a nomadic group would have a sun tattooed on their hand, or a scrotum on their forehead (it's a little-known fact that fraternities are based off of long-forgotten tribes).
Pages: 1 ... 465 466 [467] 468 469 ... 1086