Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 455 456 [457] 458 459 ... 1086

Author Topic: Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A roaming horde appears on the horizon!  (Read 1866873 times)

Akhier the Dragon hearted

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
Re: Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - Version 0.8 "Romero" released!
« Reply #6840 on: September 28, 2013, 01:57:28 am »

Of course, you still used the skill and honestly failure is one of the best teachers.
Join us. The crazy is at a perfect temperature today.
So it seems I accidentally put my canteen in my wheelbarrow and didn't notice... and then I got really thirsty... so right before going to sleep I go to take a swig from my canteen and... end up snorting a line of low-grade meth.

Darkmere

• Bay Watcher
  • Exploding me won't bring back your honey.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6841 on: September 28, 2013, 02:53:17 am »

You're much less likely to destroy clothing if it's undamaged beforehand. If you're starting from 0, try and find some intact clothes in a house for starters. Their type doesn't matter, only normal condition.

Also, you can 'D'issassemble strings from smashed windows to get thread, and cut up sheets with your pocket knife for rags. Windows are nature's bounty... or something.

EDIT: Someone want to explain this one to me?
« Last Edit: September 28, 2013, 03:11:10 am by Darkmere »
And then, they will be weaponized. Like everything in this game, from kittens to babies, everything is a potential device of murder.
So if baseless speculation is all we have, we might as well treat it like fact.

Mech#4

• Bay Watcher
  • (ಠ_ృ) Like a sir.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6842 on: September 28, 2013, 03:26:22 am »

You're much less likely to destroy clothing if it's undamaged beforehand. If you're starting from 0, try and find some intact clothes in a house for starters. Their type doesn't matter, only normal condition.

Also, you can 'D'issassemble strings from smashed windows to get thread, and cut up sheets with your pocket knife for rags. Windows are nature's bounty... or something.

EDIT: Someone want to explain this one to me?

Hn, 71F is the temperature in Faranheit (Don't know how to convert to Celsius) and your on the third day of your survival?

Converts: 71F is about 21c.
Kaypy:Adamantine in a poorly defended fortress is the royal equivalent of an unclaimed sock on a battlefield.

Here's a thread listing Let's Players found on the internet. Feel free to add.
List of Notable Mods. Feel free to add.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #6843 on: September 28, 2013, 03:32:01 am »

Maybe it's more like hail?

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Darkmere

• Bay Watcher
  • Exploding me won't bring back your honey.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6844 on: September 28, 2013, 03:40:27 am »

F = 1.8C + 32
71F = 21.67C

But yeah. It's snowing in the middle of summer, year 2. I don't even.
And then, they will be weaponized. Like everything in this game, from kittens to babies, everything is a potential device of murder.
So if baseless speculation is all we have, we might as well treat it like fact.

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6845 on: September 28, 2013, 03:42:48 am »

did you even softly touch the outer walls of a missile silo

i would not be surprised if this was either lore or localized nuclear winter effects

or just horrid climate bugs

Mech#4

• Bay Watcher
  • (ಠ_ృ) Like a sir.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6846 on: September 28, 2013, 03:44:49 am »

F = 1.8C + 32
71F = 21.67C

But yeah. It's snowing in the middle of summer, year 2. I don't even.

Oh right, I didn't see the weather. Hm, I remember Aavak had problems with crazy weather, but that was due to him compiling his own copy of the game I believe (this caused the weather to rapidly change every few minutes or so).
Kaypy:Adamantine in a poorly defended fortress is the royal equivalent of an unclaimed sock on a battlefield.

Here's a thread listing Let's Players found on the internet. Feel free to add.
List of Notable Mods. Feel free to add.

Akhier the Dragon hearted

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #6847 on: September 28, 2013, 04:49:11 am »

I guess the first question would be if your using the stable build or not. If it isn't then it could be a bug from someone messing with the weather or something. Also the weather has always been a bit random and it might not have checked the temp or season and just decided that it should be snowing.

In other news in response to Aquizzer asking about a video I did my latest Cata video as a sort of basic guide to survival and making a character that can do so. Its really basic though so it might not be what was wanted. If anyone has a specific thing they have problems with I could probably do a video about it if I understand it myself.
Join us. The crazy is at a perfect temperature today.
So it seems I accidentally put my canteen in my wheelbarrow and didn't notice... and then I got really thirsty... so right before going to sleep I go to take a swig from my canteen and... end up snorting a line of low-grade meth.

Farce

• Bay Watcher
  • muttermutterbabble
    • View Profile
« Reply #6848 on: September 28, 2013, 06:25:08 am »

I just cheated to build a huge, five-ton deathtruck, two large electric and two V8s - and oh god, either vehicle controls are being weird with me, or it is incapable of moving at anything slower than 20 mph, to which it jumps to immediately upon throttling up.  It is slightly difficult to drive.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #6849 on: September 28, 2013, 06:41:37 am »

What is the point of cathedrals? They don't seem to have an actual page on the wiki, and the only interesting thing is a small relic surrounded by blank bodies, which doesn't seem to do anything at all.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

Sindain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6850 on: September 28, 2013, 06:43:31 am »

What is the point of cathedrals? They don't seem to have an actual page on the wiki, and the only interesting thing is a small relic surrounded by blank bodies, which doesn't seem to do anything at all.

Its for an NPC quest.
"just once I'd like to learn a lesson without something exploding."

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #6851 on: September 28, 2013, 06:45:07 am »

I like having a relic with me though. If only for RP purpose. You can also prepare a deadzone and then ring the bells to draw in all the town's zombies and kill them, or use it as a base, with its stone wall and various entrances.

Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #6852 on: September 28, 2013, 06:50:02 am »

I like having a relic with me though. If only for RP purpose. You can also prepare a deadzone and then ring the bells to draw in all the town's zombies and kill them, or use it as a base, with its stone wall and various entrances.

Being the sane, stable, totally not-psychotic person I am, I locked the zombies inside with a bunch of flaming benches and hid in the basement. While I was there, I found a nail gun on a zombie's corpse. I now have an insane number of nails from the wreckage (657 at the time of writing this, with much more left on the ground).
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

GrizzlyAdamz

• Bay Watcher
  • Herp de derp
    • View Profile
    • Check this shit out
« Reply #6853 on: September 28, 2013, 06:54:38 am »

Say, found a cave in my world a little ways off a road. Went to check it out, found out it had fungal zombies & whatnot around it.
nope.jpg

Anything of value in there I might want to come back for?
Badges of honor
GENERATION 11: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Check this shit out- (it changes)
Profile->Modify Profile->Look and Layout->Current Theme: Default [Change]->Darkling (it's good for your eyes and looks better)

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #6854 on: September 28, 2013, 07:08:03 am »

Most caves are usueless, but some of them are infested by sewer rats and have good loot.

Pages: 1 ... 455 456 [457] 458 459 ... 1086