Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 441 442 [443] 444 445 ... 1086

Author Topic: Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A roaming horde appears on the horizon!  (Read 1867080 times)

Arkoth

• Escaped Lunatic
  • Somewhere in New England, probably dying
    • View Profile
Re: Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - Version 0.8 "Romero" released!
« Reply #6630 on: September 24, 2013, 04:11:16 am »

@teoleo.
You can move the screen (Shift+H, Shift+J... ) to know if the enemy is hostile.
Just put the zombie off screen, and then the cardinal direction will become RED if it's actually hostile or not.
ROWSDOWER!
"I wonder if there's beer on the sun"

teoleo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6631 on: September 24, 2013, 04:41:31 am »

how many changes.... ;)

Sharp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6632 on: September 24, 2013, 05:18:46 am »

Concerning the wiki: it seems a bunch of values are out of whack. Need help updating it?
More people updating the wiki = better wiki = more helpful to new players = good!

With the JSON files it should be possible to update the wiki automatically, manual editing would be required for special notes but for all items it should be possible to do.

IronTomato

• Bay Watcher
  • VENGEANCE
    • View Profile
« Reply #6633 on: September 24, 2013, 07:12:01 am »

[nope]
« Last Edit: September 24, 2013, 07:27:49 pm by IronTomato »

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6634 on: September 24, 2013, 07:49:52 am »

So I was considering forming up a list of challenges - namely reasonable checkpoints to mark your progress, like good old achievements, and not quirky self-destructive challenges that XBox would encourage...  The simple nooby checkpoints would be like 'kill a zombie' and 'survive the night' while mid-tier checkpoints would be more like 'cook and eat a food that takes more than 2 ingredients' or 'modify and drive a vehicle' with the more elaborate being along the lines of 'wear the flag' and 'loot a military bunker without using any IDs'.

GrizzlyAdamz

• Bay Watcher
  • Herp de derp
    • View Profile
    • Check this shit out
« Reply #6635 on: September 24, 2013, 09:23:42 am »

Hmm, here I would start adding in values of items I find, but I do not know how to adjust the table columns; coverage is a new value.

Anyone know how?
Badges of honor
GENERATION 11: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Check this shit out- (it changes)
Profile->Modify Profile->Look and Layout->Current Theme: Default [Change]->Darkling (it's good for your eyes and looks better)

azmodean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6636 on: September 24, 2013, 11:33:39 am »

I'll take a look at how sleep is acting, that's a pain to test since you have to either play for a long time (in other words, not testing), or just wait and cheat in food/water to cycle it.

One thing with odd sleep, are you taking much in the way of stimulants?  The system is overly simplistic in that stimulants actually make you less tired, so if you're very frequently taking stims, you actually need to sleep less.  Conversely depressants like alchohol increase fatigue rather than just making you more prone to sleep.  Will fix this eventually, it just works "well enough" in most cases right now.

Quick numbers
fatigue ticks up one every 5 minutes (50 turns) when you're awake
fatigue ticks down 2.5 every 5 minutes (50 turns) when you're asleep
fatigue ticks up one every 5 minutes when you have a cold or flu regardless of sleep, this is probably a bug.
Tired/dead tired/exausted thresholds are 191/383/575
Booze increases fatigue by 36 per serving.
Soda decreases fatigue by 20 per serving
Coffee decreases fatigue by 36 per serving
Cocaine decreases fatigue by 60 per serving
Fruit jam increases fatigue by 62 THIS IS A BUG WTF

P.S. We're receptive to adding achievements to the memorial system.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2013, 11:35:37 am by azmodean »
I don't think Jesus died from thorns being pushed into his brain. RTFA

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #6637 on: September 24, 2013, 11:42:00 am »

THE JAM OF SLEEP!!

Must be made from Snow White's apple. :P
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #6638 on: September 24, 2013, 11:44:25 am »

"I can't...chew this...properly."

That, or due to [spoiler redacted] on the lore of the character (and..well, y'know. Hint goes to why mutations > Radiation and stuff), we're really..not eating processed fruit. Somehow.

P.S. We're receptive to adding achievements to the memorial system.
I'm imagining a a lot of variance here-like how they did nethack's death messages? Yep.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #6639 on: September 24, 2013, 11:48:37 am »

I'm assuming that once you consume so much sugar, your body goes into shutdown mode to use the energy to digest it all. Kinda like snakes after eating large prey. </wildguess>
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6640 on: September 24, 2013, 12:16:47 pm »

Given the simplistic style, I'd assume that when you eat sugar you just get less sleepy.  You could subsist entirely on sugar and soda, never sleeping.

On that note, could there be a way to obtain sugar, sugar water, or syrup from fruits or plant matter, maybe being able to process triffid plant matter into sugary syrup, and then re-processing that into grainy sugar or sugar water, which could then be used to produce various regular foods.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6641 on: September 24, 2013, 12:21:45 pm »

Given the simplistic style, I'd assume that when you eat sugar you just get less sleepy.  You could subsist entirely on sugar and soda, never sleeping.

On that note, could there be a way to obtain sugar, sugar water, or syrup from fruits or plant matter, maybe being able to process triffid plant matter into sugary syrup, and then re-processing that into grainy sugar or sugar water, which could then be used to produce various regular foods.
I think that would probably come along with the other 'time' reactions like farming. In big containers.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6642 on: September 24, 2013, 12:25:25 pm »

Yeah, a lot of things that are currently crafted will probably be lumped into long-term procedures.  I just really hope that most/all of the long-term crafting can be mounted on vehicles, so that when it takes a few days to distill some booze, you don't get stuck in the same area waiting for it to finish.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6643 on: September 24, 2013, 12:30:33 pm »

Yeah, a lot of things that are currently crafted will probably be lumped into long-term procedures.  I just really hope that most/all of the long-term crafting can be mounted on vehicles, so that when it takes a few days to distill some booze, you don't get stuck in the same area waiting for it to finish.
I think that the efficiency and usefulness of long-term crafting will be intended to build up for a lategame based ore around building and fortifying a base than it is about rolling through towns and scavenging like currently.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #6644 on: September 24, 2013, 12:48:07 pm »

Distilling booze on a bastard child of a truck mating with a porcupine. All you need to do is make Shotguns more viable as a weapon and you will open a portal to the Redneckverse, starting the Apallachialypse.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.
Pages: 1 ... 441 442 [443] 444 445 ... 1086