Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 440 441 [442] 443 444 ... 1086

Author Topic: Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A roaming horde appears on the horizon!  (Read 1859459 times)

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
Re: Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - Version 0.8 "Romero" released!
« Reply #6615 on: September 23, 2013, 07:20:57 pm »

fire > school

Fire pretty much most things actually, get a few environmental bionics and become immune to fire and you can pretty much kill everything anywhere.
Gaah, the wasted 2x4s. D:
Now I'm curious what you do with all the 2x4s to make them useful...

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6616 on: September 23, 2013, 07:23:16 pm »

I noticed in this version. My character needs no goddamn sleep. At all. She goes to bed at 8 pm and wakes up at midnight fully rested.

Does heavy sleeper make you sleep better now or something so you end up sleeping less?

There seems to be a how tired you are/how rested you are status, and it may be affecting how long you sleep, as well as if you can sleep.

My characters typically go to sleep when it gets to dark to read (so not fully dark yet) and wake with the morning light, usually around 7 AM.  But I keep them awake some nights, sometimes until 2 AM.  And I rarely get to see the 'you feel fully rested' message when they wake.
For every trouble under the sun, there is an answer, or there is none.
If there is one, then seek until you find it.
If there is none, then never ever mind it.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #6617 on: September 23, 2013, 07:32:05 pm »

fire > school

Fire pretty much most things actually, get a few environmental bionics and become immune to fire and you can pretty much kill everything anywhere.
Gaah, the wasted 2x4s. D:
Now I'm curious what you do with all the 2x4s to make them useful...
I confess I've always been one for static bases rather than vehicles. I build large, so I have a substantial perimeter. In other words: spike pits. Spike pits everywhere. Spike pits in your spike pits, dawg. Double spike pits across the sky. Five concentric circles of spike pits.

Granted, it's less important without random zombie spawns, but it's something of an ingrained habit by now.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

GrizzlyAdamz

• Bay Watcher
  • Herp de derp
    • View Profile
    • Check this shit out
« Reply #6618 on: September 23, 2013, 08:23:14 pm »

kek
Badges of honor
GENERATION 11: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Check this shit out- (it changes)
Profile->Modify Profile->Look and Layout->Current Theme: Default [Change]->Darkling (it's good for your eyes and looks better)

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6619 on: September 23, 2013, 08:42:11 pm »

You don't even have to sleep.  Ever.  You'll fall asleep in the road a handful of times, but only briefly and with no other consequences.

GrizzlyAdamz

• Bay Watcher
  • Herp de derp
    • View Profile
    • Check this shit out
« Reply #6620 on: September 23, 2013, 08:45:55 pm »

That seems like an OOC quote.

So, just found a towel & uh...did bringing your towel become a thing? Can't seem to load the wiki page, (or it's cached version), but assuming it doesn't become a 'wet towel', I can see this being rather viable if it just takes a little time.
Badges of honor
GENERATION 11: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Profile->Modify Profile->Look and Layout->Current Theme: Default [Change]->Darkling (it's good for your eyes and looks better)

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6621 on: September 23, 2013, 08:55:36 pm »

I wish that shower victims started only with a towel, and that security guards had shirts.
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

GrizzlyAdamz

• Bay Watcher
  • Herp de derp
    • View Profile
    • Check this shit out
« Reply #6622 on: September 23, 2013, 09:04:11 pm »

The shower idea sounds perfectly reasonable.

Concerning the wiki: it seems a bunch of values are out of whack. Need help updating it?
Badges of honor

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #6623 on: September 23, 2013, 09:26:35 pm »

I wish that security guards had shirts.
Everywhere I visit seems to be hiring the wrong sort of security guards, apparently.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #6624 on: September 23, 2013, 09:55:03 pm »

Concerning the wiki: it seems a bunch of values are out of whack. Need help updating it?
More people updating the wiki = better wiki = more helpful to new players = good!
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #6625 on: September 23, 2013, 10:08:29 pm »

I noticed in this version. My character needs no goddamn sleep. At all. She goes to bed at 8 pm and wakes up at midnight fully rested.

Does heavy sleeper make you sleep better now or something so you end up sleeping less?

There seems to be a how tired you are/how rested you are status, and it may be affecting how long you sleep, as well as if you can sleep.

My characters typically go to sleep when it gets to dark to read (so not fully dark yet) and wake with the morning light, usually around 7 AM.  But I keep them awake some nights, sometimes until 2 AM.  And I rarely get to see the 'you feel fully rested' message when they wake.
Fully agree.

I exhausted out my character while building an enclosed vehicle-mobile base-and as the garage was locked, I decided to test out the nice enclosed bed and took a nice sleep.

She woke up..a day or so later? After being really full and non-thirsty, to very hungry/thirsty. And tired.

..Soyeah.

GrizzlyAdamz

• Bay Watcher
  • Herp de derp
    • View Profile
    • Check this shit out
« Reply #6626 on: September 23, 2013, 11:44:23 pm »

*worth it*

Is there any way to fit something if the game decides to reinforce it first?
Badges of honor

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #6627 on: September 23, 2013, 11:48:00 pm »

Is there any way to fit something if the game decides to reinforce it first?
If it's reinforced first then that means that the item isn't one that you can adjust the fit on, so the only way to find one that fits is to search around until you find one.
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

GrizzlyAdamz

• Bay Watcher
  • Herp de derp
    • View Profile
    • Check this shit out
« Reply #6628 on: September 23, 2013, 11:56:51 pm »

Huh, good to know.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: September 23, 2013, 11:59:40 pm by GrizzlyAdamz »
Badges of honor

teoleo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6629 on: September 24, 2013, 04:08:13 am »

some considerations (sorry for English):

I find it not likely that the zombies are immediately hostile to the player: absurd for me to see a zombie to 24 (for example) squares away and he's already 'hostile.

add, inter alia, that would be nice to have a graphical representation, or otherwise, of the situation of their enemies: that 'know without having to use the "X" if they are hostile, in tracking etc.. etc..

and 'for now serious lack in the tileset of the wheels damaged or absent in machines.

last thing, it would be nice to have the map the names of areas, roads, and the city '.
Pages: 1 ... 440 441 [442] 443 444 ... 1086