Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 422 423 [424] 425 426 ... 1086

Author Topic: Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A roaming horde appears on the horizon!  (Read 1859466 times)

The Darkling Wolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Arf!
    • View Profile
    • Cataclysm - Dark Days Ahead
Re: Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - Version 0.8 "Romero" released!
« Reply #6345 on: September 18, 2013, 01:19:42 pm »

We do need more folding vehicles I think, like the motorized scooters that fold up into a briefcase.
My cabbages!
[Thunderfury, Blessed Blade of the Windseeker]

I am fat, eating is my great joy.

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6346 on: September 18, 2013, 01:24:03 pm »

So an electric bicycle.

Sharp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6347 on: September 18, 2013, 01:24:55 pm »

Folding bicycle is fine, would rather prefer to be able to tow/load vehicles on another vehicle instead of just having them be like IKEA vehicles.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6348 on: September 18, 2013, 01:25:59 pm »

I should state that the quality of folding vehicles tend to be subpar.

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6349 on: September 18, 2013, 01:50:56 pm »

The quality of most things is subpar these days. You can't really pick on folding things. Moving parts is always a consideration for wear and tear, but they can be replaced if a company wants to build things with replacement parts in mind. Or the company can charge a little less and you replace the whole unit that's made to last a year at best.

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #6350 on: September 18, 2013, 02:01:57 pm »

Was playing with a new character in a same world a few of them already contributed in cleaning a city effort, and suddenly blobs, blobs everywhere !

This was in place my previous character already moved in before their demise, and during their run there was no blob there.

Is there something i missed before, or are new monster spawning zones generated for each new character on a same world ?

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6351 on: September 18, 2013, 02:07:16 pm »

Was playing with a new character in a same world a few of them already contributed in cleaning a city effort, and suddenly blobs, blobs everywhere !

This was in place my previous character already moved in before their demise, and during their run there was no blob there.

Is there something i missed before, or are new monster spawning zones generated for each new character on a same world ?
The Blob is the source and the demise of anything, for all that has passes through existence was in its origin a blob, and upond ending, returned to the all-consuming Blob.

I think that it has something to do with blobs slowly increasing their spawning zones. I don't know if it is a bug or if it is intended, but IIRC there is no way to stop them.

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6352 on: September 18, 2013, 02:08:52 pm »

I think that it has something to do with blobs slowly increasing their spawning zones. I don't know if it is a bug or if it is intended, but IIRC there is no way to stop them.

Find a silo?

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6353 on: September 18, 2013, 02:13:38 pm »

I never even tried to kill them. It just wastes time, but I heard about people burning whole pits, and when they returned there were still blobs spawning.

The Blob will consume it all

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #6354 on: September 18, 2013, 02:19:27 pm »

That's a bit annoying then, will have to generate a new world.

Before i forget, is there a way to make the rifle targetting system give priority to -hostile- things when you press F, it's rather annoying the targetting insist in targetting first the poor rabbit every single time i have tried, and then when pressing <> it switch to another rabbit further, ignoring completely for a few more press on <> the nearby 2 zombies that are in clear view in the game screen.

It would be a whole family of Caerbannog rabbits i could understand, but having to press multiple time <> until the target accept to go on the close zombies instead of the 50 tiles far rabbit is not really great.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2013, 02:21:12 pm by Robsoie »

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #6355 on: September 18, 2013, 04:11:28 pm »

Let the blobs come! They don't break into your house when you're asleep and they make good Zweihänder practice.

Darkmere

• Bay Watcher
  • Exploding me won't bring back your honey.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6356 on: September 18, 2013, 04:16:12 pm »

Spent 3 days working on a character, had a semi half-converted to fortress with kitchen and welder and all that. Came down with the flu for a week, bear kills me as I take 1 step outside. Next 7 characters spawn miles away.

New world? Y

EDIT: Ah, new world has a library, gun store, gas station, sporting goods, and 2 electronics stores visible from the shelter. Merciful RNG... I'm doomed.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2013, 04:18:22 pm by Darkmere »
And then, they will be weaponized. Like everything in this game, from kittens to babies, everything is a potential device of murder.
So if baseless speculation is all we have, we might as well treat it like fact.

Silfurdreki

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6357 on: September 18, 2013, 04:49:43 pm »

Wow, yeah, you're screwed.

Meanwhile, here I am, first character in Romero and I start right by a large city with only one gun store semi-easily reached. I have loads of grocery stores and fast food restaurants visible, though. It turns out that the gun store had one .22 rifle, one 30.06 rifle and 10 9mm +p+ rounds in it after I cleared ~100 zombies. Including one smoker inside the damn thing. That whole place was filled with thick smoke.

Yet I'm doing fairly okay for someone whose only reading material have been advanced textbooks off a group of scientists and various leaflets and magazines. Just goes to show that bear trap + bow conquers all.

Entropy is not what it used to be.

Darkmere

• Bay Watcher
  • Exploding me won't bring back your honey.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6358 on: September 18, 2013, 05:03:45 pm »

I used to swear by bows until I tried the pneumatic rifle from mechanics. I think I'm hooked on guns now... Still won't give up a nice nail board or combat knife for emergencies, though.

I do like how the different weapons are balanced, though. Just need to live long enough to get some decent rifle practice in...

Also, is it just me or has the inventory letter assignment been more lax about giving out duplicate letters, lately? One of my characters in a previous nightly build kept getting plastic bottles confused with a hammer and vaporizing his clean water in a blind rage.
And then, they will be weaponized. Like everything in this game, from kittens to babies, everything is a potential device of murder.
So if baseless speculation is all we have, we might as well treat it like fact.

Doohl

• Bay Watcher
  • [OMNIPOTENT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6359 on: September 18, 2013, 05:07:34 pm »

Is there some way to toggle the sprites off? I feel like it makes navigating rather confusing, especially navigating the interiors of cars.
Pages: 1 ... 422 423 [424] 425 426 ... 1086