Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 420 421 [422] 423 424 ... 1086

Author Topic: Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A roaming horde appears on the horizon!  (Read 1859357 times)

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
Re: Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - Version 0.8 "Romero" released!
« Reply #6315 on: September 17, 2013, 09:37:12 pm »

What about boomers in jogging outfits? We could even get a morale boost for killing them!

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Akhier the Dragon hearted

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #6316 on: September 17, 2013, 09:44:01 pm »

But it would never outweigh the morale loss from seeing it in the first place.
Join us. The crazy is at a perfect temperature today.
So it seems I accidentally put my canteen in my wheelbarrow and didn't notice... and then I got really thirsty... so right before going to sleep I go to take a swig from my canteen and... end up snorting a line of low-grade meth.

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #6317 on: September 17, 2013, 10:16:11 pm »

Question about the town zombie spawning and world being saved for new characters.

If i make some good progress with a character in killing zombies in a town, then have that character having an unfortunate death, would playing with a new character and going into the same town would reset whatever zombie counter there is, or can i resume the town cleaning work from where the counter was previously ?

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #6318 on: September 17, 2013, 10:24:45 pm »

I would hazard a guess at the latter, given that (IIRC) pops are created during worldgen.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #6319 on: September 17, 2013, 10:38:56 pm »

Great if it's like this, would make previous character achievement actually mattering, out of leaving various items behind.

Darkmere

• Bay Watcher
  • Exploding me won't bring back your honey.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6320 on: September 17, 2013, 10:39:12 pm »

Don't give the devs ideas guys. We do not need zombie cyclists, or bikies, or any kind of zombie driving.

It's already started. I ran across a Zed in powered armor a couple days ago. He took a few arrows to kill...
And then, they will be weaponized. Like everything in this game, from kittens to babies, everything is a potential device of murder.
So if baseless speculation is all we have, we might as well treat it like fact.

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6321 on: September 17, 2013, 11:09:00 pm »

Don't give the devs ideas guys. We do not need zombie cyclists, or bikies, or any kind of zombie driving.
I'd love this.  I just imagine the pathfinding having no idea how to handle it, and as you round the corner or a building 20 bicycles just careen down the street and crash into the fence, piling into a mangled, softly moaning mess.

You essentially step outside and see this:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
with zombie arms flailing out the edges.

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6322 on: September 17, 2013, 11:12:09 pm »

It's already started. I ran across a Zed in powered armor a couple days ago. He took a few arrows to kill...

Sounds legit.

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #6323 on: September 17, 2013, 11:15:08 pm »

MUHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!! :D

Actually something like that probably won't ever happen, zombie dogs already fulfill the "fast zombie" slot, so we don't really need to fill it up more. Be aware that there are plans for Hulks to throw cars at you eventually though. Now I could see power armor military zeds, though the chance of them still having the armor powered is pretty slim (though if you have got the CBMS and power armor on when you die I'd probably be afraid of trying to loot your corpse eventually ;D).
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

Darkmere

• Bay Watcher
  • Exploding me won't bring back your honey.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6324 on: September 17, 2013, 11:43:20 pm »

Now I could see power armor military zeds, though the chance of them still having the armor powered is pretty slim (though if you have got the CBMS and power armor on when you die I'd probably be afraid of trying to loot your corpse eventually ;D).

Yeah the one I found was just a military zombie with the unpowered armor on buuuuuuuuuuuuut now that you say that, I kinda want a rare chance to run into a military shocker zombie with the armor powered up as a very rare encounter at the military outposts....
And then, they will be weaponized. Like everything in this game, from kittens to babies, everything is a potential device of murder.
So if baseless speculation is all we have, we might as well treat it like fact.

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6325 on: September 18, 2013, 12:05:16 am »

The shocker would get super excited to see you and then the armor explodes.

MrWiggles

• Bay Watcher
  • Doubt Everything
    • View Profile
« Reply #6326 on: September 18, 2013, 03:01:58 am »

Do vehicles respect the players custom key bindings?
Doesn't like running from bears = clearly isn't an Eastern European
I'm Making a Mush! Navitas: City Limits ~ Inspired by Dresden Files and SCP.
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=113699.msg3470055#msg3470055
http://www.tf2items.com/id/MisterWigggles666#

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #6327 on: September 18, 2013, 03:16:38 am »

Do vehicles respect the players custom key bindings?
I think so...?? I'm not 100% on this one, I know we've worked fairly hard at getting things to properly respective player bindings, but there might still be a few things holding out that can't currently be rebound.
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

Astral

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTER_TENTACLES:RIBCAGE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6328 on: September 18, 2013, 03:53:22 am »

I realize that much of the original Cataclysm was hard coded for a limited view area, but the tile set seems to exaggerate the issue a bit more than I remember with the ASCII tiles. I do love the ability to set the view port to a configurable size, but it did take a bit of playing around to finally get to a comfortable area.

This game keeps getting better and better.
What Darwin was too polite to say, my friends, is that we came to rule the Earth not because we were the smartest, or even the meanest, but because we have always been the craziest, most murderous motherfuckers in the jungle. -Stephen King's Cell
It's viable to keep a dead rabbit in the glove compartment to take a drink every now and then.

Akhier the Dragon hearted

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #6329 on: September 18, 2013, 04:42:44 am »

It can be quite a bit of work to get it where you want it. Especially since you have to restart to see how big it got but at least once you find the size you want your good. Because I do videos for YouTube I have found 52x22 to work eminently well as it is almost exactly 720p.
Join us. The crazy is at a perfect temperature today.
So it seems I accidentally put my canteen in my wheelbarrow and didn't notice... and then I got really thirsty... so right before going to sleep I go to take a swig from my canteen and... end up snorting a line of low-grade meth.
Pages: 1 ... 420 421 [422] 423 424 ... 1086