Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 399 400 [401] 402 403 ... 1086

Author Topic: Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A roaming horde appears on the horizon!  (Read 1860429 times)

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
  • if you must die, die spectacularly
    • View Profile
Re: Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - What's that I see on the horizon? Could it be...
« Reply #6000 on: September 09, 2013, 05:46:46 pm »

Idea for new robot: Bionic Regulator. This was an attempt to stop gangsters and criminals from stealing bionics and using them for their own nefarious ends. In the testing stages when the outbreak happened, and now it's loose. If you have unregistered bionics (AKA all the bionics you can get), this guy will come over and try to extract them from you. Painfully and brutally, causing loads of damage.

DoomOnion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - What's that I see on the horizon? Could it be...
« Reply #6001 on: September 09, 2013, 05:55:46 pm »

Idea for new robot: Bionic Regulator. This was an attempt to stop gangsters and criminals from stealing bionics and using them for their own nefarious ends. In the testing stages when the outbreak happened, and now it's loose. If you have unregistered bionics (AKA all the bionics you can get), this guy will come over and try to extract them from you. Painfully and brutally, causing loads of damage.

That robot shouldn't downright kill the player. I mean a mechanical enemy that's super strong and durable charging at you isn't that fun.

What you could do is, arm up that robot with many non-lethal weaponry. The robot tries its best to knock you out if you have unregistered bionics, and when you are knocked out, well... Let's say that the robot's more focused on retrieving the property, not properly performing a surgery.

So, if you get knocked out, you will probably wake up with your stomach open or even an arm chopped off at best. If you are unlucky, you may never wake up again.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2013, 05:58:08 pm by DoomOnion »

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
  • if you must die, die spectacularly
    • View Profile
« Reply #6002 on: September 09, 2013, 06:04:17 pm »

That's what I was intending. It should wound you, but you shouldn't die.

Nighthawk

• Bay Watcher
  • INT Score: Yes
    • View Profile
« Reply #6003 on: September 09, 2013, 06:14:31 pm »

That sounds awesome. I could definitely imagine this kind of thing in-game:

The robot shocks you.
The robot shocks you. Your vision blurs.
The robot shocks you. You feel your consciousness fading.
The robot shocks you. You lose consciousness.
~
You wake up.
You're shocked to find that /your arm is missing/there is a gaping hole in your chest/you are covered in incisions/ etc.
Suddenly, the pain hits you.

Aaand, queue loads of pain modifiers, on top of your missing limb/horrible injuries.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #6004 on: September 09, 2013, 06:29:53 pm »

The best part is that that is one of the few situations where mixing up cue/queue doesn't change the validity of the sentence.  :P

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6005 on: September 09, 2013, 06:36:30 pm »

It should probably inject you with some painkillers too.  That wear off about an hour after you wake up.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6006 on: September 09, 2013, 07:07:28 pm »

Perhaps you can find ones that only remove defective bionics.

And if you pick the android trait those should be left alone.
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

Blargityblarg

• Bay Watcher
  • rolypolyrolypolyrolypoly
    • View Profile
« Reply #6007 on: September 10, 2013, 01:58:23 am »

A robotic version of this, then?
Blossom of orange
Shit, nothing rhymes with orange
Wait, haikus don't rhyme

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6008 on: September 10, 2013, 09:45:55 am »

Are funnels actually working properly?  It's a thunderstorm and they're not filling the gallon jugs.  They also don't seem to function if you're asleep and it's raining...

azmodean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6009 on: September 10, 2013, 10:23:44 am »

I really like the bionic reclaimer robot, with existing mechanics it could just use pain-causing attacks, which would basically disable you with speed penalties.  Maybe add something where you can pass out from extreme levels of pain (I mean like 1000+).  Perhaps you should wake up in a bathtub full of ice with a nearby note explaining what happened, and instructions on recovery.

Also good point that bionics from the android trait shouldn't be taken, just unlicensed ones.

There have been a few complaints about funnels not working in thunderstorms, will have to look into it.
I don't think Jesus died from thorns being pushed into his brain. RTFA

Iceblaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 50% less in-jokes!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6010 on: September 10, 2013, 10:28:56 am »

You passed out and I decided to take you home. Enjoy!

Dark humor aside, I would like there to be a pain threshold, perhaps dictated by strength?

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6011 on: September 10, 2013, 10:33:28 am »

There have been a few complaints about funnels not working in thunderstorms, will have to look into it.
After some debugging in rain, it appears that funnels don't work at all.  After picking up and replacing them, they worked.  It may be related to save/reload, or moving too far out of range and 'derendering' the funnels.

In any case, funnels just forgot how to work and needed to be picked up and put down again.

Danv

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6012 on: September 10, 2013, 10:35:59 am »

so... will those mystical devs answer question about vehicles collisions or nope?
this one

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #6013 on: September 10, 2013, 10:50:09 am »

so... will those mystical devs answer question about vehicles collisions or nope?
this one
Yes, realistic vehicle collisions are here to stay.
Yes, they still have a few bugs (notably the shrub problem).
Yes, they are still being tweaked to find the proper balance for collisions.
Yes, vehicles will still never be as strong as they were prior to realistic collisions.

That stopgap may help, but it should only be intended as a stopgap, nothing more.

The volume limit was a bug-fix that properly applied a volume limit that wasn't being applied, so yes, it's here to stay.
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6014 on: September 10, 2013, 11:11:31 am »

I'm unaware, what exactly is the issue with 'realistic vehicle collision' and what's changed when it got added?
Pages: 1 ... 399 400 [401] 402 403 ... 1086