Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 396 397 [398] 399 400 ... 1086

Author Topic: Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A roaming horde appears on the horizon!  (Read 1860716 times)

GalenEvil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Mac-Man Games
Re: Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - What's that I see on the horizon? Could it be...
« Reply #5955 on: September 07, 2013, 03:30:29 pm »

No hotkey, but you can switch between tilesets and ASCII via the options > Interface menu
Fun is Fun......Done is Done... or is that Done is !!FUN!!?
Quote from: Mr Frog
Digging's a lot like surgery, see -- you grab the sharp thing and then drive the sharp end of the sharp thing in as hard as you can and then stuff goes flying and then stuff falls out and then there's a big hole and you're done. I kinda wish there was more screaming, but rocks don't hurt so I guess it can't be helped.

Danv

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - What's that I see on the horizon? Could it be...
« Reply #5956 on: September 07, 2013, 03:37:18 pm »

well, i'll will ask devs here too - will be vehicles collision fixed or it is a feature now? cuz after this pull with "more realistic collisions" vehicles now a piece of frell... will this stopgap help, at least for heavy (complex) vehicles?
also, volume restriction for containers on vehicles is a bug or a feature too? quite annoying thing

Darkmere

• Bay Watcher
  • Exploding me won't bring back your honey.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5957 on: September 07, 2013, 03:48:22 pm »

Yeah I'm dubious on the vehicle collisions additions as well, but I just started back a couple days ago, so I'll give it time.

Anyone else have problems where turning on a flashlight disintegrates it? (when activated, they disappear and you don't get an active flashlight replacement.)
And then, they will be weaponized. Like everything in this game, from kittens to babies, everything is a potential device of murder.
So if baseless speculation is all we have, we might as well treat it like fact.

GalenEvil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Mac-Man Games
« Reply #5958 on: September 07, 2013, 03:58:38 pm »

Darkmere: The flashlight bug is a known issue, thought that was taken care of as of last night though >.< If it wasn't please let us know.
Danv: No idea on vehicle related stuff, will have to wait for GlyphGryph, Azmodeon, or i2amroy to get on and answer :D
Fun is Fun......Done is Done... or is that Done is !!FUN!!?
Quote from: Mr Frog
Digging's a lot like surgery, see -- you grab the sharp thing and then drive the sharp end of the sharp thing in as hard as you can and then stuff goes flying and then stuff falls out and then there's a big hole and you're done. I kinda wish there was more screaming, but rocks don't hurt so I guess it can't be helped.

Iceblaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 50% less in-jokes!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5959 on: September 07, 2013, 04:18:08 pm »

If I know what they are referring to(veichles completely stopping when hitting a shrub) then I would like that changed to where driving through fields wasn't as annoying because your truck got caught on a shrub on it's backwheel.

Danv

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5960 on: September 07, 2013, 04:31:37 pm »

vehicle stopping after hitting a shrub is not that big a deal, i can live with that, but damage from those shrubs and pretty much from everything else - that's a pain
sure, maybe it doesn't sounds "realistic", but before i could make a new "road" through a forest or a few buildings on heavy, fully armored vehicle, now - such vehicle get torn to pieces just by riding off road, torn by simple bushes, not a trees or anything more sturdy, that's not fun at all

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5961 on: September 07, 2013, 05:16:46 pm »

Makes me wonder what kinda science they've been up to if all they have are two pairs of sunglasses and a screwdriver.

They were studying inverse spontaneous combustion.

Regular spontaneous combustion is believed to cause bodies to burn, inextinguishably, with a heat so low that clothing and furniture even directly in contact with the flesh is unharmed - usually barely more than slightly scorched in just one or two very small spots.

Inverse spontaneous combustion would destroy the clothing they wore and the furniture they sat on (what, you didn't notice that was missing too?  Oh well, it is) without harming anything else.  The gloves, masks, and glasses are specially treated to survive the fire, allowing the scientists to breath, observe, and handle combusting objects during the tests (sure, the flame's safe to touch, but scientists are trained not to touch experimental stuff with their bare hands.  Conditioning goes a long way.)

Why two pairs of sunglasses?  The fire temperature is low, but the light it gives off is still bright.
For every trouble under the sun, there is an answer, or there is none.
If there is one, then seek until you find it.
If there is none, then never ever mind it.

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5962 on: September 07, 2013, 05:17:51 pm »

I thought it was assumed that any clothes they were wearing were ruined, being a small pile of stained rags loosely wrapped around their bodies.

On vehicles, I will repeat my point that different armor levels need to have "damage reduction" that negates small amounts of damage as seen by hitting shrubs or squirrels, or by having greens bang against triple-thick steel and tear it down...

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5963 on: September 08, 2013, 05:37:42 pm »

A bug/oversight, a funnel will fill a container placed on the same tile, but only up to 1.  A gallon jug, which you can empty of 10 rotten milk, will only fill to 1 water.  I assume that larger containers, like a jerrycan, will also only fill up to 1.  This probably needs to be tweaked...

Also, where do you get seeds?

Darkmere

• Bay Watcher
  • Exploding me won't bring back your honey.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5964 on: September 08, 2013, 05:40:50 pm »

Also, where do you get seeds?

I've gotten a few from picking strawberry bushes, but haven't gotten far enough to check stuff from stores or farms. Are they plant-able yet?
And then, they will be weaponized. Like everything in this game, from kittens to babies, everything is a potential device of murder.
So if baseless speculation is all we have, we might as well treat it like fact.

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #5965 on: September 08, 2013, 09:57:20 pm »

A bug/oversight, a funnel will fill a container placed on the same tile, but only up to 1.  A gallon jug, which you can empty of 10 rotten milk, will only fill to 1 water.  I assume that larger containers, like a jerrycan, will also only fill up to 1.  This probably needs to be tweaked...
I can't seem to replicate this. Do note something, in that containers held in your hands (instead of in your pack) don't display charges properly. This means that if you pick a bottle up it won't actually display the charges until you put it in your backpack (instead of carrying it in your hands).
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5966 on: September 08, 2013, 10:02:22 pm »

Yeah, there was some weirdness with displays and whatnot.  It seems to work now, in any case!

Also how strong is the alcohol addiction for the Bum profession?  It's like day 9 and I'm still so strongly addicted I hallucinate!

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #5967 on: September 08, 2013, 10:06:59 pm »

Alcohol addiction makes you hallucinate? Are you sure Raptorinhat?

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #5968 on: September 08, 2013, 10:11:39 pm »

Alcohol addiction makes you hallucinate? Are you sure Raptorinhat?
Withdrawal from alcohol addiction has that as a symptom, yes (just as it does in the real world).
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5969 on: September 08, 2013, 10:12:38 pm »

Thorazine also stops the hallucinations, thankfully.  Otherwise breaking the addiction would be impossible!

At the night of Day 9 I finally detox'd though...
Pages: 1 ... 396 397 [398] 399 400 ... 1086