Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 375 376 [377] 378 379 ... 1086

Author Topic: Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A roaming horde appears on the horizon!  (Read 1859385 times)

lastverb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Watching all this romaji in the thread: Watashi no biru doko desu ka? Other than single words thats the only sentence in jap i know. Fits in though.

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
Re: Re
« Reply #5641 on: August 29, 2013, 07:40:18 pm »

Funnels now fill up the first container under them, so drop a bottle on the same square as the funnel and wait awhile.
Only the first? Shit. Guess I gotta go make a dozen or so.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile

Let me tell you kid, if you dig the funnels then wait until you become a bird mutant choking to death trying to cook your bear steaks on the flaming ruins of an office building.

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile

Is there an ability for mutants to butcher animals with their claws yet?

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile

I'd love to play a naked bird-hybrid as a sort of 'challenge game'...

GalenEvil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Mac-Man Games

Tile Support has been landed to the main repo! WOO! ^_^ Experimental builds for it should show up in the next day or so when Jenkins is set up properly to handle the additional library and header file.
Now to begin serious work on the World Factory! I have it recognizing World folders so far, almost have it loading the savegames within it. Once I have it loading I'll work on getting it to save properly and basic world gen options will be put in. Won't be nearly as flashy as Tile support, nor as difficult to get working :P I expect a few "gotcha" bugs to crop up, but the work on this is pretty straightforward.
Fun is Fun......Done is Done... or is that Done is !!FUN!!?
Quote from: Mr Frog
Digging's a lot like surgery, see -- you grab the sharp thing and then drive the sharp end of the sharp thing in as hard as you can and then stuff goes flying and then stuff falls out and then there's a big hole and you're done. I kinda wish there was more screaming, but rocks don't hurt so I guess it can't be helped.

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Of ALL the things, it's reading about funnels that encourages me to actually go and download the latest version of Cataclysm. I haven't touched it since Whales was developing it. Hot dang.

Looking forward to seeing what fun things have changed since then!

You should probably hit up the official forums and peek at the git commits.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile

Good job GalenEvil. Does it come with a pre-packed tileset yet?

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

GalenEvil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Mac-Man Games

@Sheb:  It has a copy of utunnels' tileset, but the tinytile.png set is the one hooked up in the JSON. There are a lot of missing tiles though, since I suck at making tiles and Deon hasn't gotten back to me yet. You can change what tileset image/json is being looked at by altering gfx.txt in the data folder so that modding is easier. I'll be adding support for multiple tilesets/jsons along with the mod manager section. Items still need to have definitions made for them, but there are faaaar too many of them to have individual tiles for each so you can define multiple items all using the same tile :D

I'll be posting more details tomorrow when I finish writing up a README for tileset modding.
Digging's a lot like surgery, see -- you grab the sharp thing and then drive the sharp end of the sharp thing in as hard as you can and then stuff goes flying and then stuff falls out and then there's a big hole and you're done. I kinda wish there was more screaming, but rocks don't hurt so I guess it can't be helped.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile

Just to be sure, you can have a general"rifle" tile but still use specific tiles for specific rifles if you have a tile made for the SKS for exemple?

Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

GalenEvil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Mac-Man Games

Yes, though for each of the rifles you'd have to first assign that general rifle tile and then for the SKS define the SKS tile. I don't have a "generic" tile definition specified for items to default to. It will add a bit of bloatyness to the JSON I think, and if enough people report it as a nuisance to not have generic tile definitions I will alter the format to make them work.

GalenEvil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Mac-Man Games

@Krevsin: awesome quote, and it all depends on the tileset I think. If 99% of rifles are tiled pointed to the north east, and the SKS is pointing to the north west, and the Rem 700 is pointed south west (or whatever), I guess it would be pretty easy to distinguish specific guns if you know what direction it is pointing. Wow that was a longwinded way of saying "maybe" :P

Krevsin

• Bay Watcher
  • [RAINBOWS:REQUIRED]
    • View Profile

Well, 's not very realistic, now is it? I mean, from far away, a barrel with a hole in the middle pretty much looks like any other barrel with a hole in the middle.  :P

But then again who gives a crap about realism when you can ride a motorcycle through a zombie spitting lightning at you, fly forwards 50 feet and hit a boomer with enough stored kinetic power to turn him into jelly?

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile

And since right now you can already identify items from a distance, it's not much of a problem.

Thinking of it, it'd be really awesome if at firearm level 0, all guns were displayed as "some kind of shotgun/pistol/rifle". Then at level 1 you'd get more precise info, and at level 2 you'd identify them.

Krevsin

• Bay Watcher
  • [RAINBOWS:REQUIRED]
    • View Profile

What if there was a skill for recoginition of most things that can easily be mistaken (like medicine. A bottle of pills looks like another bottle of pills.)? I mean, seeing a bottle of pills from 10 feet away and immediately knowing: "Yep, that's vicodin." is kinda silly.
Pages: 1 ... 375 376 [377] 378 379 ... 1086