Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 366 367 [368] 369 370 ... 1086

Author Topic: Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A roaming horde appears on the horizon!  (Read 1859769 times)

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
  • if you must die, die spectacularly
    • View Profile

Damn, that's a pretty bad quest. I don't play with NPCs much, so I don't get quests. What's the most fun quests?

shadenight123

• Bay Watcher
  • Death. To all. Except my dwarves.
    • View Profile
    • My Twitter

Damn, that's a pretty bad quest. I don't play with NPCs much, so I don't get quests. What's the most fun quests?

Basic Power Armor isn't that grand.
I realized that when a soldier ant cleaved me in half.
I knew I should have invested on those mutagens, but I'm a 'clean' freak even concerning Fallout 3. Radioactive materials make me go 'ew' rather than "OH PERKS!"
“Well,” he said. “We’re in the Forgotten hunting grounds I take it. Your screams just woke them up early. Congratulations, Lyara.”
“Do something!” she whispered, trying to keep her sight on all of them at once.
Basileus clapped his hands once. The Forgotten took a step forward, attracted by the sound.
“There, I did something. I clapped. I like clapping,” he said. -The Investigator And The Case Of The Missing Brain.

Iceblaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 50% less in-jokes!
    • View Profile

I knew I should have invested on those mutagens, but I'm a 'clean' freak even concerning Fallout 3. Radioactive materials make me go 'ew' rather than "OH PERKS!"

On the topic of raditiation I'm kinda meh

On one hand, my dad being a environmental consultant on radiation, and me knowing some of the more... sick effects of Radiation on the human body I am with you on the 'ew' part

On the other hand, I think SUPERPOWERS because of how Radiation is the most used way of how a super hero got their powers.

This off topic post brought to you by Iceblaster

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile

Radiation is actually just deadly most times.  Mutagen is the thing that really causes superpowers.  Mutagen would be considered a chemical agent, so that part is fairly in-line with real dangers...

Iceblaster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Well the point I was making with my second thing, was not that falling into a pit of Radioactive waste or standing near plutonium or any other radioactive thing would give you superpowers, it was more of a 'What if' thing.

Anyway. anyone ever find that there is an overabundance with LAW generation? I swear in the last two 'helicopter crashes' and 'Military corpse pile' encounters, I've gotten at least 2 LAWs in each of them.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile

LAWs are fairly common, afterall, they are an infantry weapon every armed service uses.
Or atleast I think every service uses it. I am sure the coastguard stole some of the navy's at some point.
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

shadenight123

• Bay Watcher
  • Death. To all. Except my dwarves.
    • View Profile
    • My Twitter

LAWs are fairly common, afterall, they are an infantry weapon every armed service uses.
Or atleast I think every service uses it. I am sure the coastguard stole some of the navy's at some point.

I'm imagining this funny scene right now.

"STOP YOUR GIANT BATTLESHIP, NAVY! We're the Blackbeard crew!" a small dingy coastguard boat slams against the sides of a giant carrier.
"Jimmy, you watched The Pirates of the Caribbean again last night?" the navy captain comments.
"Yar har! Now hand over those Laws before we sink your ship!"
"Jimmy, you're on a damn rubber boat. This is a carrier. Really, reason it..."
"We'll just need more cannons then!"
"It's not a matter of cannons!"
"Hand over yer booty, navy!"
"Oh for the love of...throw a Law at them! I hope they sink under the weight!"
“Well,” he said. “We’re in the Forgotten hunting grounds I take it. Your screams just woke them up early. Congratulations, Lyara.”
“Do something!” she whispered, trying to keep her sight on all of them at once.
Basileus clapped his hands once. The Forgotten took a step forward, attracted by the sound.
“There, I did something. I clapped. I like clapping,” he said. -The Investigator And The Case Of The Missing Brain.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile

Contrary to popular belief the coastguard has some ships larger than some navy ones.
And they do have some fairly heavy weaponry. The key word is some.
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

Iceblaster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Contrary to popular belief the coastguard has some ships larger than some navy ones.
And they do have some fairly heavy weaponry. The key word is some.

IIRC They are one of the last defenses if the Navy is unable to do their job?

I may be wrong as I never showed much interest in the American military system, even though I live in the country.

Blaze

• Bay Watcher
  • The Chaos that Crawls up on you with a Smile.
    • View Profile

I just noticed you could load/unload LAWs and they carry 66mm HEAT rounds.

Wouldn't it be more volume/weight efficient to unload the laws instead of carrying around multiple launchers?

Gamerboy4life

• Bay Watcher
  • Helicopegasus
    • View Profile

Wouldn't it be more volume/weight efficient to unload the laws instead of carrying around multiple launchers?

But... LAWs can't be 'unloaded'.

They're single-use, when you shoot it the shell is now useless and is supposed to be thrown away. It's not like an RPG where you can just load in another rocket.
I need to put something interesting here.

Iceblaster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Fuck logic because video games.

Anyway, as I haven't fired a LAW in game, I don't know if this will work, but do some science and see if you can reload the LAW and fire it a second time.

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile

It's not possible (or at least it shouldn't be). 66mm HEAT rounds do exist in the json files, but only because the game has to have some sort of ammo inside of a gun in order to fire it (even bows technically load the bow with an arrow and then fire it).
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile

I just want to see some use for the empty LAW canister.  Like, a flower pot...

jocan2003

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

The coast guard has some armed vessel mainly used to stop possible armed civilian ship. smuggler and as a deterrent during arrests in high seas. And since a weapon is a weapon, they are considered as last line of defense should the need arise, but that would be at the very very last resort.
Quote from: LoSboccacc
that was a luky dwarf. I had one dabbling surgeon fail so spectacularly that the patient skull flew a tile away from the table.
Quote from: NW_Kohaku
DF doesn't mold players into its image - DF merely selects those who were always ready for DF.
Quote from: Girlinhat
Minecraft UI is very simple. There's only so many ways you can implement "simple" without copying something. We also gonna complain that it uses WASD?
Pages: 1 ... 366 367 [368] 369 370 ... 1086