Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 363 364 [365] 366 367 ... 1086

Author Topic: Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A roaming horde appears on the horizon!  (Read 1859654 times)

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
  • if you must die, die spectacularly
    • View Profile

We can farm?! Kickass!

Gamerboy4life

• Bay Watcher
  • Helicopegasus
    • View Profile

Ah, nice things happen when you finally find a build that works.

Throwing for the Win.

Suffer, Zombie, through my powerful Spartan!

Really, imagine this strange guy who is supposed to be fighting with a bow (archer background) and instead ends up making pointy sticks and throwing them at zombies for 21/30 damage.

"ALL HAIL SPARTA!"

This has made me desire a shield-type object.

Seriously, think about how cool that would be if they implemented a system where you could use one, (Maybe when they introduce separate hands in the future) where equipping a shield gives you a massive bonus to block when a zombie or other being tries to attack you in melee. Then you could have a spear in one hand and a shield in the other, pushing back zombie dogs and stabbing them like an actual spartan.

Oh god now I REALLY want this.
I need to put something interesting here.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile

You get people going rambo then.
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile

I fail to see the problem.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Jehdin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

People can already go Rambo with full-auto rifles and grenade launchers.

I don't remember Rambo being a hoplite.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Just saying. People arew gonna rage because nothing will hit there targets as they run around with two machine guns going full auto.
Highly Opinionated Fool

Jehdin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

But it will be so awesome when they do hit something.

shadenight123

• Bay Watcher
  • Death. To all. Except my dwarves.
    • View Profile
    • My Twitter

Strong Arm Guards and Kevlar vest.
Technically speaking if I'm 'wielding' a Steel Frame isn't that the same as having a shield? XD
“Well,” he said. “We’re in the Forgotten hunting grounds I take it. Your screams just woke them up early. Congratulations, Lyara.”
“Do something!” she whispered, trying to keep her sight on all of them at once.
Basileus clapped his hands once. The Forgotten took a step forward, attracted by the sound.
“There, I did something. I clapped. I like clapping,” he said. -The Investigator And The Case Of The Missing Brain.

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Just saying. People arew gonna rage because nothing will hit there targets as they run around with two machine guns going full auto.

With 11 rifle, everything is possible.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Allright, perhaps the first shot will hit.
Also they will rage over how the ammo is so rare.
Highly Opinionated Fool

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile

There have been quite a bit of discussion on two-handed wielding of guns, and the general consensus was that it would be treated how it acts in real life, and boo-hoo to those people who don't like it. ;D
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Buaha!
Highly Opinionated Fool

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile

If you've got a pair of TDI Vectors, it doesn't matter, because zero recoil OHOHOHO.

That aside, it's harder to go rambo now because even a little scratch can apparently make you deathly ill for hours on end.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch

because even a little scratch can apparently make you deathly ill for hours on end.
Just like real life!

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile

Ran out of those, so looked further down my list.  Threw a pickle!  Threw a lemon!  Threw a strawberry!  Tried to throw an apple.  The game crashed.

Checked from the previous save, throwing that apple reliably crashes.

Created another game, specifically to test throwing apples, finally found one and yep, there's something about them apples and throwing.   :o
Got a PR up that should fix this, which was funnily enough a divide by zero problem that would occur if you tried to throw something that weighed exactly 150 grams.
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.
Pages: 1 ... 363 364 [365] 366 367 ... 1086