Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 358 359 [360] 361 362 ... 1086

Author Topic: Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A roaming horde appears on the horizon!  (Read 1859601 times)

GalenEvil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Mac-Man Games

Cherry picking tiles from utunnels' tileset, and adding some programmer art of my own. Not everything is tiled up but here is progress as it stands, in a hopefully visually appealing manner! Sorry for not having more screen shots to show off, the tileset is rather bare bones still >.< I should do furniture stuff next >.>
Fun is Fun......Done is Done... or is that Done is !!FUN!!?
Quote from: Mr Frog
Digging's a lot like surgery, see -- you grab the sharp thing and then drive the sharp end of the sharp thing in as hard as you can and then stuff goes flying and then stuff falls out and then there's a big hole and you're done. I kinda wish there was more screaming, but rocks don't hurt so I guess it can't be helped.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile

Cherry picking tiles from utunnels' tileset, and adding some programmer art of my own. Not everything is tiled up but here is progress as it stands, in a hopefully visually appealing manner! Sorry for not having more screen shots to show off, the tileset is rather bare bones still >.< I should do furniture stuff next >.>

Original art is great art! :D

On that note, I love the recent updates of Cata.

Those professions? Tailored to the common idea. That was a nice touch there.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile

Time to call Deon to make some good tilesets.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

GalenEvil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Mac-Man Games

Deon is already aware, and I need to send him a mostly complete JSON for him to work off of since I am getting to the point that I really need tiles in order to fix any additional bugs that exist :D
Digging's a lot like surgery, see -- you grab the sharp thing and then drive the sharp end of the sharp thing in as hard as you can and then stuff goes flying and then stuff falls out and then there's a big hole and you're done. I kinda wish there was more screaming, but rocks don't hurt so I guess it can't be helped.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile

Activate the Deon-symbol.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

jakeread1

• Bay Watcher
  • Maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaan, I got this.
    • View Profile

He's the hero the cataclysm modding community needs.
New Character awaits a epic black vs hood black vs straight up black fight!
http://www.youtube.com/user/jakeread1 <----- that there is my youtube channel!

Krevsin

• Bay Watcher
  • [RAINBOWS:REQUIRED]
    • View Profile

I concur. Deon is amazing with making tilesets.

GalenEvil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Mac-Man Games

I concur. Deon is amazing with making tilesets.
I second this! Deon has fantastical tilesets ^_^

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile

Gonna be fun when Deon appears in thread, "Yeah we should get that guy to- oh wait that's me!"

Krevsin

• Bay Watcher
  • [RAINBOWS:REQUIRED]
    • View Profile

Gonna be fun when Deon appears in thread, "Yeah we should get that guy to- oh wait that's me!"
It would also be amazing if he did a fantabulous mod for DDA, adding oh so many wonderful things for us to play around with and explode/crash into/get murdered horribly by.

DEON. WE NEED YOU.

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
  • if you must die, die spectacularly
    • View Profile

He's already done so before, actually. Bars and restaurants are his doing, I believe.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile

ACTIVATING THE DEON-O-CALLER. I THINK ITS WORKING ANYWAYS.
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

Knight of Fools

• Bay Watcher
  • From Start to Beginning
    • View Profile
    • Knight of Fools

I'm getting pretty exciting excited about a good version with tiles in it. Will we be able to use custom tile sets? Will you be able to include transparent pixels so you can see multiple items/creatures in the same tile space? I might try my hand at making some tiles.

Oh, if transparency is included will your character sprite change when you wear different articles of clothing, like that one Zombie survival game I can't remember the name of?

Will there be a way to have different states for creatures' sprites? Such as healthy, damaged, dead, etc. And will you be able to have a sprite for each object rather than relying on a generic symbol that represents a plethora of things?

Unrelated quick question: I tried out the recent unstable Windows build and the options menu has been completely changed, and I couldn't figure out how to cycle through the different tabs in order to change the screen size. I'm pretty sure I pressed every key on my keyboard, and I even tried clicking. How do you do it?
Proud Member of the Zombie Horse Executioner Squad. "This Horse ain't quite dead yet."

I don't have a British accent, but I still did a YouTube.

Jehdin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Unrelated quick question: I tried out the recent unstable Windows build and the options menu has been completely changed, and I couldn't figure out how to cycle through the different tabs in order to change the screen size. I'm pretty sure I pressed every key on my keyboard, and I even tried clicking. How do you do it?

The Tab key switches between the tabs.

Knight of Fools

• Bay Watcher
  • From Start to Beginning
    • View Profile
    • Knight of Fools

d'oh.

Thanks.
Proud Member of the Zombie Horse Executioner Squad. "This Horse ain't quite dead yet."

I don't have a British accent, but I still did a YouTube.
Pages: 1 ... 358 359 [360] 361 362 ... 1086