Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 344 345 [346] 347 348 ... 1086

Author Topic: Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A roaming horde appears on the horizon!  (Read 1860232 times)

Knight of Fools

• Bay Watcher
  • From Start to Beginning
    • View Profile
    • Knight of Fools
Re: Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead
« Reply #5175 on: August 02, 2013, 03:16:13 am »

A gun that shoots a bunch of little guns that shoot bullets that shoot exploding bullets.

And that's just what I use as my secondary!
Proud Member of the Zombie Horse Executioner Squad. "This Horse ain't quite dead yet."

I don't have a British accent, but I still did a YouTube.

Akhier the Dragon hearted

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
Join us. The crazy is at a perfect temperature today.
So it seems I accidentally put my canteen in my wheelbarrow and didn't notice... and then I got really thirsty... so right before going to sleep I go to take a swig from my canteen and... end up snorting a line of low-grade meth.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #5177 on: August 02, 2013, 03:26:28 am »

In hindsight, having a pack of gasoline glued to a shotgun slug explode when fired seems more like a feature than a bug. Still wish I had made a backup save somewhere...

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Knight of Fools

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Knight of Fools
« Reply #5178 on: August 02, 2013, 03:50:17 am »

I think crowbar shotguns are the way to go.

Is it a crowbar that shoots shotgun shells...?

...Or a shotgun that shoots crowbars?
Proud Member of the Zombie Horse Executioner Squad. "This Horse ain't quite dead yet."

Akhier the Dragon hearted

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #5179 on: August 02, 2013, 03:56:33 am »

Obviously its a weapon for hunting wild crowbars. They weren't always this tame you know. Back in my day we had to trudge 5 miles through torrents of crazy EV suited men and red tape 7 feet deep just to get one and it was uphill both ways because of the dang curvature of the ring world all humans where stuck on.
Join us. The crazy is at a perfect temperature today.
So it seems I accidentally put my canteen in my wheelbarrow and didn't notice... and then I got really thirsty... so right before going to sleep I go to take a swig from my canteen and... end up snorting a line of low-grade meth.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5180 on: August 02, 2013, 12:25:44 pm »

Ha!
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

Krevsin

• Bay Watcher
  • [RAINBOWS:REQUIRED]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5181 on: August 02, 2013, 12:33:26 pm »

Hm, I see 0.70 is released.

Too bad the download link is broken (at least for me)

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5182 on: August 02, 2013, 12:34:22 pm »

Which OS, and which download link?

CognitiveDissonance

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5183 on: August 02, 2013, 12:41:19 pm »

I think crowbar shotguns are the way to go.

Is it a crowbar that shoots shotgun shells...?

...Or a shotgun that shoots crowbars?

What you need is a piston hammer, or spear. I think one of the Fallout games had that. Essentially, you load a shotgun shell into an impact weapon; The shell is "shot" on impact :D
Come and be amazed by this wonderful menagerie! Draw your own! Bring your favorite! The [Forgotten Beast Art Contest] is open for business!
Now also available - [The Legendary Artifact Art Contest]! It menaces! It has rings! It has craftsdwarfship!
I have a [YouTube] channel! It has Let's Plays and other stuff.

guessingo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5184 on: August 02, 2013, 12:43:56 pm »

would be alot easier if people with suggestions/ideas would come over to the DDA forums. this post has 348 pages. The advertisement is great to get us new players, but, new ideas need to be broken out in separate threads in the correct forums for people to discuss. Beauty of DDA is the large open source community. Lots of new ideas get added after discussions on the forums.

if you have an idea and only post it here, it will probably get lost. plus you lose the benefit of other people posting following up suggestions to add to it. Try the DDA suggestions forum.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5185 on: August 02, 2013, 12:48:15 pm »

I was over there. I gave up due to an idiot.
Highly Opinionated Fool

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #5186 on: August 02, 2013, 04:01:43 pm »

I was over there. I gave up due to an idiot.
If you are referring to LazyCat he actually shows up over there less then he does over here. :P

In any case if you don't want to stop by the forums feel free to stop by the IRC channel and discuss your opinions there.
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5187 on: August 02, 2013, 04:19:24 pm »

Different idiot.
Highly Opinionated Fool

Knight of Fools

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Knight of Fools
« Reply #5188 on: August 02, 2013, 06:08:57 pm »

Yeah, this discussion pops up every once in a while but the consensus usually boils down to the fact that it's not stupidly busy and not everyone wants to visit a different forum to discuss a single game they're interested in when there's already a topic here and this forum's already well established. I honestly wouldn't have any social interaction about DDA if it weren't for this topic.

I figure the DDA forum will eventually get more attention once the game's more established outside of the Dwarf Fortress community. As it is, just about everyone in the DDA forums are from the DF forums.

SethCreiyd

• Bay Watcher
  • [VESPERTINE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5189 on: August 02, 2013, 11:38:25 pm »

I just made my first couple of posts over there regarding my recent build experiences, which transited very quickly from joyous triumph to crushing confusion.

Anyway, I've been following Cataclysm for some time, but I want to remark about how impressive the game is.  I haven't enjoyed a roguelike this much since Nethack.  I'm grateful to Whales for creating it and to everyone who has maintained and contributed to it after he left the project.  I don't have any experience working with a team of coders, and I'm not a very experienced coder in the first place, but I'm getting acquainted with Github and I'd like to help out however I can.  :)
Pages: 1 ... 344 345 [346] 347 348 ... 1086