Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 339 340 [341] 342 343 ... 1086

Author Topic: Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A roaming horde appears on the horizon!  (Read 1860994 times)

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
Re: Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead
« Reply #5100 on: July 29, 2013, 06:18:56 pm »

I prefer crowbar to nailboard anyhow.

I'm having much better luck now, found some corpse parties with profuse amounts of Mikor GL ammo. As well, i've found a Saiga 12 which has made emergencies much more bearable (Even if I did use most of the ammo completing the Jabberwock quest). Now I need to find antibiotics, but my town doesn't have a pharmacy. I guess this means I start siphoning gas into a working car.
Houses can be stocked with pretty much ANY item, very rarely.  Drugs are in the bathroom, sometimes the den, go house-shopping!

Gruntdonttoot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5101 on: July 29, 2013, 07:06:07 pm »

Has anyone tried clearing a town with static spawn and then building a wall around the town and living surviving there a la Woodbury in The Walking Dead? Just thought that would be a cool thing to try.

MrWiggles

• Bay Watcher
  • Doubt Everything
    • View Profile
« Reply #5102 on: July 29, 2013, 07:08:27 pm »

Has anyone tried clearing a town with static spawn and then building a wall around the town and living surviving there a la Woodbury in The Walking Dead? Just thought that would be a cool thing to try.
Animals get to freely spawn on "outside" tiles to my understanding.
Doesn't like running from bears = clearly isn't an Eastern European
I'm Making a Mush! Navitas: City Limits ~ Inspired by Dresden Files and SCP.
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=113699.msg3470055#msg3470055
http://www.tf2items.com/id/MisterWigggles666#

Gruntdonttoot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5103 on: July 29, 2013, 07:17:33 pm »

Ah yes that could be an issue but perhaps there are categories of outside tiles and animals only spawn on say the "wilderness" and "forest" categories but not on the "town" tiles?

Nighthawk

• Bay Watcher
  • INT Score: Yes
    • View Profile
« Reply #5104 on: July 29, 2013, 09:09:41 pm »

Ah yes that could be an issue but perhaps there are categories of outside tiles and animals only spawn on say the "wilderness" and "forest" categories but not on the "town" tiles?
I imagine there have to be categories, because it's a known fact that Jabberwocks will spawn only in forests.

Moogie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5105 on: July 29, 2013, 10:11:49 pm »

Killed one of those the other day, and made a leather cloak out of it. I basically ran up and down a long forest lane chucking combat knives at his head. Damn fast he was, though, I had trouble staying ahead of him pumped up on Adderall.
I once shot a bear in the eye with a bow on the first shot, cut it up, found another one, and shot it in the eye too. The collective pile of meat weighed more than my house.

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5106 on: July 29, 2013, 11:22:07 pm »

First time I fought a jabberwok it was two of them.  Didn't know if my car could survive a collision with one and ran into a tree instead, then I ran away from them trying to trick them into hitting eachother as often as I could.

I think that was the first time my survival ever actually depended on strategic use of bullets to stun the buggers for a turn or two so I could gain some ground.

But are bullets actually supposed to stun monsters for a few turns?  I never see them in stun status like when hit with a melee weapon, but a bullet from close range, even a little ol .22 from a SIG Mosquito can stun even a jabberwok for about 2 moves, and noone ever seems to talk about that little side effect.
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #5107 on: July 29, 2013, 11:43:34 pm »

Hmmm. That sounds like for some reason the beanbag round effect is happening on all bullets.

Edit: Aha! Found it! Thanks for finding that. :D
« Last Edit: July 30, 2013, 03:00:16 am by i2amroy »
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #5108 on: July 30, 2013, 09:24:51 am »

And you do get stun with melee weapons sometime too. At least I do with my nail bat.

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Angle

• Bay Watcher
  • 39 Indigo Spear Questions the Poor
    • View Profile
    • Agora Forum Demo!
« Reply #5109 on: July 30, 2013, 09:38:40 am »

I regularly stun lock things with a crowbar once I get to late game.

Agora: open-source platform to facilitate complicated discussions between large numbers of people. Now with test site!

The Temple of the Elements: Quirky Dungeon Crawler

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #5110 on: July 30, 2013, 10:21:07 am »

Can someone give me instructions on downloading the unstable newer version? I can never figure out how.

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5111 on: July 30, 2013, 10:34:11 am »

In specific, blunt weapons are more likely to cause a Stun hit.

Jehdin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5112 on: July 30, 2013, 05:08:43 pm »

Can someone give me instructions on downloading the unstable newer version? I can never figure out how.

Just download one of the experimental builds, those are kept up to date with the source
« Last Edit: July 30, 2013, 05:39:32 pm by Jehdin »

ggamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Reach Heaven through Violence
    • View Profile
« Reply #5113 on: July 30, 2013, 08:19:55 pm »

Okay what the actual fuck

I managed to create a pretty good build for early game (Ninja Tailor using Dragon Style). My fighting style means I can handle a few zombies and run away from the hordes. However, there are a few issues with this;

1- Zombie dogs
2- Cougars
3- Zombie dogs
4- Coyotes
5- Zombie fucking dogs
6- Zombie brutes
7- ZOMBIE DOOOOGS NNNNNGH

I ran through the middle of town looting the shit out of houses for food. Unfortunately, the spawn rate decided to fuck that and spawned two cougars and three coyotes, along with a zombie brute. My badass ninja tailor managed to kill all of them, but GUESS WHAT

FUCKING ZOMBIE DOGS THAT'S WHAT

A pack of about five joined the horde following me. i killed maybe two while the rest danced around me and slowly took my health down, then the game spawned another cougar that one-shotted me. The end.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #5114 on: July 30, 2013, 08:21:45 pm »

That is exactly why I use static spawn and archery in the early game. Move close enough so that 1-2 zombies or whatever follow you, move far enough away so you can deal with them alone. Repeat until an area is mostly clear.
Pages: 1 ... 339 340 [341] 342 343 ... 1086