Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 319 320 [321] 322 323 ... 1086

Author Topic: Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A roaming horde appears on the horizon!  (Read 1860641 times)

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
Re: Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead (Discuss the Kickstarter in the other thread)
« Reply #4800 on: July 19, 2013, 06:12:07 am »

I reaLLY wish thaT these things where in zip files so those without winrar and/or 7zip could get at them.
But then people without winzip couldn't get them.

Really 7zip is superior anyway, and it has a portable version if you don't want to install it.

Jehdin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4801 on: July 19, 2013, 06:46:38 am »

I reaLLY wish thaT these things where in zip files so those without winrar and/or 7zip could get at them.
But then people without winzip couldn't get them.

Really 7zip is superior anyway, and it has a portable version if you don't want to install it.

Windows Explorer, 7zip and WinRAR can all open zip files, actually.

But the Windows builds and even the source are offered in zip format so I'm not sure what he's talking about.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2013, 06:53:41 am by Jehdin »

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #4802 on: July 19, 2013, 07:22:21 am »

I was just poking fun anyway. It seems like a really petty thing to complain about when you can solve it by downloading a tiny file to access 7z archives.

azmodean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4803 on: July 19, 2013, 09:30:43 am »

Should now compile if you also have the libintl and libiconv libraries linked to the project properly
This didn't seem to actually work...

EDIT: Got it working.  I have no idea what libintl and libiconv are though and saw them mentioned nowhere but this post and the fail message...
[/quote]

libintl and libiconv are the gettext libraries on windows, a.k.a. how translation happens.
I don't think Jesus died from thorns being pushed into his brain. RTFA

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4804 on: July 19, 2013, 09:41:17 am »

Finally got it to compile.  I swear, the worst thing about programming isn't the code, it's trying to cooperate with the compiler...

.71 is decent though!  Barely started and getting my survivor situated, going well so far!

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4805 on: July 19, 2013, 09:42:00 am »

Finally got it to compile.  I swear, the worst thing about programming isn't the code, it's trying to cooperate with the compiler...

This is why so many programmers switch to linux. It's just... so much easier. So, so much.

guessingo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4806 on: July 19, 2013, 11:57:13 am »

Professions are using jsons. You dont need to code to be able to add new professions. see this post about adding mods and jsons. The developers are adding more json components (not sure which are in jsons yet. I have a post on the generla forum asking).

http://smf.cataclysmdda.com/index.php?topic=2320.0

anyone can add professions. just follow the standard. Please test at home before posting to forum or uploading to github. if your going to add a bunch, the developers would prefer you check them into github (go to the site and read the instructions, you have to download some software). this basically means you add your changes to github. It will have a separate 'branch' (your version of the code). Then the developers can 'merge' it over to the main branch (add your jsons) so other scan use it in the main download).

Please make sure to test this at home and play with them for a while...

if anyone is good with jsons, please see the Cat Devs about how you can convert more components to jsons. With this being open source and with alot of jsons, we can get alot of non-coders to add contents. So the C developers can focus on more complex content. Plus alot of people will find it fun to add there own stuff.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4807 on: July 19, 2013, 01:08:30 pm »

As I write this, I'm raiding a school. SO.MANY.ZOMBIE.CHILDREN.

Reached over -200 in morale. You can't commit suicide because of that, right? RIGHT?

Darkmere

• Bay Watcher
  • Exploding me won't bring back your honey.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4808 on: July 19, 2013, 01:21:16 pm »

I think you take less of a hit if you just set the first corpse on fire and let the rest of them file through it, burning to death. Just don't burn the school down until you're done looting. You could also go do some drugs to take your mind off of it, though. Morale recovers in time.
And then, they will be weaponized. Like everything in this game, from kittens to babies, everything is a potential device of murder.
So if baseless speculation is all we have, we might as well treat it like fact.

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4809 on: July 19, 2013, 01:27:29 pm »

I think you take less of a hit if you just set the first corpse on fire and let the rest of them file through it, burning to death. Just don't burn the school down until you're done looting. You could also go do some drugs to take your mind off of it, though. Morale recovers in time.
Schools don't have much useful except the American Flag in the back and the schoolbus.  One of the more important things they generate is survival exp for butchering children, generous clothing, and lumber - aka, nothing you can't find anywhere else!

Really, of all the buildings to set on fire at sight, the school is the most likely to just burn and keep driving (with your schoolbus, cuddled in an american flag to keep warm!)

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4810 on: July 19, 2013, 01:29:42 pm »

Reached a peak of -234, but I'm at -117 now. Already butchered every single zombie children. Shit, they were a damned swarm!

On a side note, I foun crack in one, and another one had a military rucksack and under armor.

WealthyRadish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4811 on: July 19, 2013, 01:31:32 pm »

Schools are amazing for their library, which has many more useful technical books than a normal library. Why a bunch of children carrying around comic books and candy are also reading up on Engineering 301 and SICP is beyond me, but all of the high level books can be found there.

Also, you won't ever commit suicide automatically from unhappiness, so murder away.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4812 on: July 19, 2013, 02:14:32 pm »

Is there any use for broken consoles? I can't dissassemble them and can't smash them (tried with a sledgehammer and got bored after over forty whumps!). So, what should I do?

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4813 on: July 19, 2013, 02:35:29 pm »

Ignore the fuckers.
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

Kaitol

• Bay Watcher
  • Heya, Red.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4814 on: July 19, 2013, 04:39:09 pm »

Burn them with fire? Blow them up? Ram a semi truck into them at 120 mph?
Pages: 1 ... 319 320 [321] 322 323 ... 1086