Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 318 319 [320] 321 322 ... 1086

Author Topic: Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A roaming horde appears on the horizon!  (Read 1860858 times)

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
Re: Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead (Discuss the Kickstarter in the other thread)
« Reply #4785 on: July 18, 2013, 09:59:45 pm »

An easier way is to just download one of the experimental builds, they're built automatically after a commit, so will stay pretty well up-to-date, apparently.

Where do you get those?  I know a relevant link was posted recently, but I didn't see any actual download links on that page.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

Jehdin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4786 on: July 18, 2013, 10:01:16 pm »

At the DDA website, on the right.

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4787 on: July 18, 2013, 10:01:51 pm »

I reaLLY wish thaT these things where in zip files so those without winrar and/or 7zip could get at them.
It seems they have to update the main page link to the experimentals - right now "stable" is .6 and "experimental" is buggy .7 - I'd like the 'bleeding edge' github but github seems designed to avoid new people getting to use it.

Jehdin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4788 on: July 18, 2013, 10:05:52 pm »

Where do you get those?  I know a relevant link was posted recently, but I didn't see any actual download links on that page.
I reaLLY wish thaT these things where in zip files so those without winrar and/or 7zip could get at them.
It seems they have to update the main page link to the experimentals - right now "stable" is .6 and "experimental" is buggy .7 - I'd like the 'bleeding edge' github but github seems designed to avoid new people getting to use it.

Yeah, it seems the links on the website aren't update yet. Go here to get up-to-date builds, just click whatever version you want and there'll be a link to a .zip.

Edit: The experimental build links on the website were just updated.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2013, 10:09:19 pm by Jehdin »

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4789 on: July 18, 2013, 10:19:20 pm »

So I got git working.  Once I realized there's an actual git client for downloading the source directly, it became a lot easier!

Now, if I made some changes and wanted to push them into the main code, how would I do that?  And would I be allowed?

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4790 on: July 18, 2013, 10:20:37 pm »

I thin k you can put it up for a pull request, try making a thread over on the official forums.
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4791 on: July 18, 2013, 10:34:53 pm »

New release out. .7.1 Lindqvist. See site. Too tired to link. KevinGranade worked hard to churn this out so give him (and GalenEvil) a big round of applause for their good work.

* GlyphGryph sleeps.

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #4792 on: July 18, 2013, 10:51:09 pm »

So I got git working.  Once I realized there's an actual git client for downloading the source directly, it became a lot easier!

Now, if I made some changes and wanted to push them into the main code, how would I do that?  And would I be allowed?
Assuming you have already forked it and are attempting to change your own version (fork button in the top right of the main CleverRaven repository), you would first create a new branch (any changes made should always be in a new branch, don't ever import changes to your master because then if they are rejected it can cause all sorts of problems), and then make a Pull Request (green button on your repository page). At that point the one of the developers with merge powers (myself, Kevingranade, GalenEvil, and Soron if he ever shows up again, I'm not sure if GlyphGryph can or not) will review your code and either merge it or leave/request comments about why it hasn't been merged.

Github won't compile for me.  It cannot find mapitemsdef.cpp - this was pulled about 20 minutes ago.
What are you using to compile? Codeblocks? Cygwin?
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4793 on: July 18, 2013, 10:53:20 pm »

Codeblocks, which is not a recent version I admit.

I've also got Bloodshed/DevC++ which is ALSO a very old version.

GalenEvil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Mac-Man Games
« Reply #4794 on: July 18, 2013, 10:55:34 pm »

@Girlinhat: Yeah, the Cataclysm C::B file needs to get updated. mapitemsdef.cpp no longer exists >.< Here's the easiest route to getting it working:
1) Right click the Cataclysm workspace and select [Remove Files].
2) Click [Wildcard Select] and input: " *.cpp; *.h " without the ""s
3) Confirm until out of the dialogues.
4) Right click the Cataclysm workspace and select [Add files]
5) Change the extension filter to "C/C++ Files"
6) Select all of the files and click Open

Should now compile if you also have the libintl and libiconv libraries linked to the project properly
Fun is Fun......Done is Done... or is that Done is !!FUN!!?
Quote from: Mr Frog
Digging's a lot like surgery, see -- you grab the sharp thing and then drive the sharp end of the sharp thing in as hard as you can and then stuff goes flying and then stuff falls out and then there's a big hole and you're done. I kinda wish there was more screaming, but rocks don't hurt so I guess it can't be helped.

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4795 on: July 18, 2013, 10:55:58 pm »

When are you people gonna learn to just ignore this guy?

Github won't compile for me.  It cannot find mapitemsdef.cpp - this was pulled about 20 minutes ago.

mapitemsdef if not in the CleverRaven git.

Still no ranged bonus. Is that just fazed out?
« Last Edit: July 18, 2013, 11:01:27 pm by BigD145 »

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4796 on: July 18, 2013, 11:10:42 pm »

@Girlinhat: Yeah, the Cataclysm C::B file needs to get updated. mapitemsdef.cpp no longer exists >.< Here's the easiest route to getting it working:
1) Right click the Cataclysm workspace and select [Remove Files].
2) Click [Wildcard Select] and input: " *.cpp; *.h " without the ""s
3) Confirm until out of the dialogues.
4) Right click the Cataclysm workspace and select [Add files]
5) Change the extension filter to "C/C++ Files"
6) Select all of the files and click Open

Should now compile if you also have the libintl and libiconv libraries linked to the project properly
This didn't seem to actually work...

EDIT: Got it working.  I have no idea what libintl and libiconv are though and saw them mentioned nowhere but this post and the fail message...
« Last Edit: July 18, 2013, 11:20:51 pm by Girlinhat »

GalenEvil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Mac-Man Games
« Reply #4797 on: July 18, 2013, 11:21:01 pm »

Is it still saying that it can't find mapitemsdef or is it now giving a different error?
Digging's a lot like surgery, see -- you grab the sharp thing and then drive the sharp end of the sharp thing in as hard as you can and then stuff goes flying and then stuff falls out and then there's a big hole and you're done. I kinda wish there was more screaming, but rocks don't hurt so I guess it can't be helped.

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4798 on: July 18, 2013, 11:22:09 pm »

Is it still saying that it can't find mapitemsdef or is it now giving a different error?
As of a few minutes ago it was complaining of mapitemsdef, though I managed to convince it not to try and load it, and it instead complains about libraries.

GalenEvil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Mac-Man Games
« Reply #4799 on: July 18, 2013, 11:29:11 pm »

As of a few minutes ago it was complaining of mapitemsdef, though I managed to convince it not to try and load it, and it instead complains about libraries.
This thread on the DDA forum should work. LINKY! :D
Pages: 1 ... 318 319 [320] 321 322 ... 1086