Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 317 318 [319] 320 321 ... 1086

Author Topic: Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A roaming horde appears on the horizon!  (Read 1860654 times)

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead (Discuss the Kickstarter in the other thread)
« Reply #4770 on: July 18, 2013, 02:11:09 pm »

Now I'm testing the plant category. You still have to eat, despite being in sunlight, altough hunger grows at about half the speed that you get thirsty with phelloderm. I might stay in this category, I like the feeling. And it doesn't have many disadvantages, or at least game changing ones.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4771 on: July 18, 2013, 02:44:04 pm »

Now I'm testing the plant category. You still have to eat, despite being in sunlight, altough hunger grows at about half the speed that you get thirsty with phelloderm. I might stay in this category, I like the feeling. And it doesn't have many disadvantages, or at least game changing ones.
Reduced movement speed?
I don't really consider that as something really bad, unless you are being chased by a jabberwock. There is always Alderall for that, anyway.

By game changing bad mutations I mean a mutation that doesn't let you use clothing (particularily headgear), punishes you from being outside during day, chemical imbalance (because is its own category of crappy effects), and almost all bad slime mutations. The rest are fine for me.

Angle

• Bay Watcher
  • 39 Indigo Spear Questions the Poor
    • View Profile
    • Agora Forum Demo!
« Reply #4772 on: July 18, 2013, 03:33:33 pm »

I can't seem to download the experimental windows versions. First I was able to download them but when I tried to extract them from the zips, it gave me an error message and no .exe, now I can't Download them at all, it just gives me an error page.

Agora: open-source platform to facilitate complicated discussions between large numbers of people. Now with test site!

The Temple of the Elements: Quirky Dungeon Crawler

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4773 on: July 18, 2013, 03:37:23 pm »

Build tool seems to be down. I'll try to get that fixed tonight I guess.

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4774 on: July 18, 2013, 04:23:25 pm »

We love you Glyph.  You and your adorable cuddly huggable avatar.

In fact I would like to thank everyone working on this game, Clever Raven, the open source coders, forum moderators, wiki people, everybody.

Thank you and I love you all.
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
  • if you must die, die spectacularly
    • View Profile
« Reply #4775 on: July 18, 2013, 06:41:04 pm »

Amen to that.

Angle

• Bay Watcher
  • 39 Indigo Spear Questions the Poor
    • View Profile
    • Agora Forum Demo!
« Reply #4776 on: July 18, 2013, 06:42:48 pm »

Indeed, your work is much appreciated.

Agora: open-source platform to facilitate complicated discussions between large numbers of people. Now with test site!

The Temple of the Elements: Quirky Dungeon Crawler

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #4777 on: July 18, 2013, 06:43:12 pm »

Plenty of us will agree with all that. ^ ^

beorn080

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4778 on: July 18, 2013, 09:13:24 pm »

We love you Glyph.  You and your adorable cuddly huggable avatar.

In fact I would like to thank everyone working on this game, Clever Raven, the open source coders, forum moderators, wiki people, everybody.

Thank you and I love you all.
Second.

Also, question. What is the absolute MINIMUM needed for a drivable vehicle? A frame, 2 wheels, a power source, and an engine, right? Plus controls, seat, and sundry. I'm thinking of making a crap vehicle to ride around in to dismantle road wrecks, then run back and move up my RV.
Ustxu Iceraped the Frigid Crystal of Slaughter was a glacier titan. It was the only one of its kind. A gigantic feathered carp composed of crystal glass. It has five mouths full of treacherous teeth, enormous clear wings, and ferocious blue eyes. Beware its icy breath! Ustxu was associated with oceans, glaciers, boats, and murder.

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4779 on: July 18, 2013, 09:16:11 pm »

In the most recent version, you're looking for a collapsible bicycle.
2 wheels, 1 controls, 1 seat, 1 foot crank (no fuel tank), and 1 steel frame for the center.

beorn080

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4780 on: July 18, 2013, 09:27:13 pm »

I've noticed a bug with dismantling vehicles. Occasionally tires and the boards they are attached to attach to each other, so that you can't remove either the board or the wheel. Thus, leaving a couple of things left on the vehicle and stopping you from removing the entire bit.
Ustxu Iceraped the Frigid Crystal of Slaughter was a glacier titan. It was the only one of its kind. A gigantic feathered carp composed of crystal glass. It has five mouths full of treacherous teeth, enormous clear wings, and ferocious blue eyes. Beware its icy breath! Ustxu was associated with oceans, glaciers, boats, and murder.

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4781 on: July 18, 2013, 09:34:33 pm »

How would I grab the most recent experimental build?  The one on the front page for download leads to the same .7 and I don't know how to grab a version that has some of the 'fresh bugs' fixed.

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #4782 on: July 18, 2013, 09:41:56 pm »

How would I grab the most recent experimental build?  The one on the front page for download leads to the same .7 and I don't know how to grab a version that has some of the 'fresh bugs' fixed.

Try here

It took a while for me to figure out and get working, but since then I've found the cygwin method really convenient.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

Jehdin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4783 on: July 18, 2013, 09:47:45 pm »

An easier way is to just download one of the experimental builds, they're built automatically after a commit, so will stay pretty well up-to-date, apparently.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4784 on: July 18, 2013, 09:57:24 pm »

I reaLLY wish thaT these things where in zip files so those without winrar and/or 7zip could get at them.
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text
Pages: 1 ... 317 318 [319] 320 321 ... 1086