Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 312 313 [314] 315 316 ... 1086

Author Topic: Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A roaming horde appears on the horizon!  (Read 1861387 times)

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
Re: Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead (Discuss the Kickstarter in the other thread)
« Reply #4695 on: July 17, 2013, 12:29:07 am »

Question: Do headlights just illuminate towards the front of a vehicle, or is there a way to make directional floodlights that can light up all around a vehicle?
Just noticed the advantages of a light which never goes out.

Using it as an indoor light on my mobile truck + bed with nothing but boards and an opague door for safety. Perfect for those nights where I can't sleep and wish to read to keep my morale up/train skills.

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4696 on: July 17, 2013, 01:34:10 am »

Question: Do headlights just illuminate towards the front of a vehicle, or is there a way to make directional floodlights that can light up all around a vehicle?
Just noticed the advantages of a light which never goes out.

Using it as an indoor light on my mobile truck + bed with nothing but boards and an opague door for safety. Perfect for those nights where I can't sleep and wish to read to keep my morale up/train skills.
My WARBUS is designed with this specifically in mind.

Curiously, the RV Kitchen and headlight (same tile) take enormous damage whenever I hit anything, usually the first tile destroyed even if I strike on the front (RV Kitchen is about 1/2 towards the back).

Mrnocamera

• Bay Watcher
  • Qualified.... Something.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4697 on: July 17, 2013, 01:42:53 am »

I just found out about being able to let go of the wheel while moving and still staying on the vehicle.

Zombie pipe drive-by's here I come.
Professional shut-in

You don't need to be good at video games anyway, right?

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4698 on: July 17, 2013, 01:45:36 am »

I just found out about being able to let go of the wheel while moving and still staying on the vehicle.

Zombie pipe drive-by's here I come.
I need to determine the amount of L/R drift caused by this, and then see if you can keep cruise control at something very slow and become a slowly cruising gun platform of some sort.

Either way, firing rockets from a motorcycle at 70 mph and hitting a zombie child that sets a nearby car on fire and destroys the fuel tanks in a chain reaction, is about the crux of Cataclysm joy.

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #4699 on: July 17, 2013, 01:49:48 am »

Either way, firing rockets from a motorcycle at 70 mph and hitting a zombie child that sets a nearby car on fire and destroys the fuel tanks in a chain reaction, is about the crux of Cataclysm joy.

Haven't done anything like that yet, but I did find some crack on a zombie child the other day.  Got plenty of joy out of that.

Also, seriously, lightstrips are the easiest thing for reading/crafting at night.  Just carry one on you all the time and never think about it.  I doubt I'll ever play a character long enough to use one up.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

Mrnocamera

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4700 on: July 17, 2013, 01:58:28 am »

Aww...   Cruise control has no effect while you are not holding the controls...

Pretty much, your speed just goes down while not holding onto the controls.   At least, as far as I can tell.
Professional shut-in

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4701 on: July 17, 2013, 08:31:09 am »

Pretty much, your speed just goes down while not holding onto the controls.   At least, as far as I can tell.
It does tend to coast for quite a while though!

Iceblaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 50% less in-jokes!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4702 on: July 17, 2013, 08:49:48 am »

Yeah I know :(... However on bigger vehicles(Semi truck in particular with its cab) I would love if it would keep going instead of just skidding to a halt sooner or later. That way I can store a shotgun I found along with the shells in a box in the back, and when I see a jabberwock, do a driveby instead of doing like a normal person and hitting it.

Also I usually play with Debug because I think its more fun. Shoot me.

Mrnocamera

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4703 on: July 17, 2013, 09:45:18 am »

On my newest character, I decided to spawn him a pedal bike at the start, and try and eventually work up to a mobile base/death mobile.
Professional shut-in

azmodean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4704 on: July 17, 2013, 09:57:50 am »

Released 0.7 "Lundquist" http://smf.cataclysmdda.com/index.php?topic=2330.0

Lotsa spiffy stuff, including allowing saving while in a vehicle for the first time in DDA history.

RE: vehicle stuffs
Aimable and/or 360deg vehicle lights are on the list, as is a persistent cuise control setting.
I don't think Jesus died from thorns being pushed into his brain. RTFA

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #4705 on: July 17, 2013, 10:01:36 am »

How about turrets that don't attempt to destroy the entire vehicle while trying to shoot a zombie?

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #4706 on: July 17, 2013, 10:08:14 am »

How about turrets that don't attempt to destroy the entire vehicle while trying to shoot a zombie?
Angled line of sight or some kind of craftable F/F [Friend or Foe] device added onto turrets would be nice :D

Released 0.7 "Lundquist" http://smf.cataclysmdda.com/index.php?topic=2330.0

Lotsa spiffy stuff, including allowing saving while in a vehicle for the first time in DDA history.

RE: vehicle stuffs
Aimable and/or 360deg vehicle lights are on the list, as is a persistent cuise control setting.
Does this mean the solar panel bugs are fixed? Tyvm regardless.

azmodean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4707 on: July 17, 2013, 10:16:15 am »

Turrets DO have a FF system now... I need to double check that it's applied to vehicle turrets... it might not be now that I think of it.  Not shooting the vehicle will be more difficult, but should be possible.

Yes, the solar panel thing is fixed.  It ignores vehicle roofs (still won't charge in a garage), bases charging on panel location instead of vehicle origin, and scales charging rate with ambient light level (will charge slowly in cloudy weather).
I don't think Jesus died from thorns being pushed into his brain. RTFA

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #4708 on: July 17, 2013, 10:23:28 am »

Keep Jabberwocks from spawning in classic mode.
Thank you for this one !

Urist_McGamer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4709 on: July 17, 2013, 11:20:46 am »

Yeah I know :(... However on bigger vehicles(Semi truck in particular with its cab) I would love if it would keep going instead of just skidding to a halt sooner or later. That way I can store a shotgun I found along with the shells in a box in the back, and when I see a jabberwock, do a driveby instead of doing like a normal person and hitting it.

Also I usually play with Debug because I think its more fun. Shoot me.

Debug mode? Same here, I just want to play around with fun items until I get used to the crafting system and whatnot.
But others might prefer to have the mess contained behind windows to avoid tracking blood all over the their nice, color coordinated floor patterns. Kind of the Ozzy Osborne vs. Martha Stewart debate.
Pages: 1 ... 312 313 [314] 315 316 ... 1086