Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 307 308 [309] 310 311 ... 1086

Author Topic: Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A roaming horde appears on the horizon!  (Read 1861046 times)

Angle

• Bay Watcher
  • 39 Indigo Spear Questions the Poor
    • View Profile
    • Agora Forum Demo!
Re: Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead (Discuss the Kickstarter in the other thread)
« Reply #4620 on: July 15, 2013, 08:02:21 pm »

The keybindings are under the '?' menu. I don't know if there are keybindings specifically for vehicles- In mine, vehicle control uses the same keys as on foot movment, but I haven't checked the keybindings menu.

Agora: open-source platform to facilitate complicated discussions between large numbers of people. Now with test site!

The Temple of the Elements: Quirky Dungeon Crawler

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4621 on: July 15, 2013, 08:09:37 pm »

You have things for handbrakes, lights, cruse control, but thats really about it.
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

MrWiggles

• Bay Watcher
  • Doubt Everything
    • View Profile
« Reply #4622 on: July 15, 2013, 08:10:52 pm »

The keybindings are under the '?' menu. I don't know if there are keybindings specifically for vehicles- In mine, vehicle control uses the same keys as on foot movment, but I haven't checked the keybindings menu.
They dont for the Mac port.

I'm aware where I can change the key binding, as well, I changed them.
Driving uses the default movement keys. Except that since I changed the movement keys, it thinks that the right arrow is H and that nothing assigned to H.
Doesn't like running from bears = clearly isn't an Eastern European
I'm Making a Mush! Navitas: City Limits ~ Inspired by Dresden Files and SCP.
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=113699.msg3470055#msg3470055
http://www.tf2items.com/id/MisterWigggles666#

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #4623 on: July 15, 2013, 09:37:52 pm »

Spoiler: Blanks (click to show/hide)

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4624 on: July 15, 2013, 10:05:41 pm »

Driving uses the default movement keys. Except that since I changed the movement keys, it thinks that the right arrow is H and that nothing assigned to H.

I'm hoping our fixes for the build tomorrow resolve this issue, there have been a few keybinding fixes. We do have difficulties getting Mac feedback especially so sorry about that.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2013, 10:09:53 pm by GlyphGryph »

Darkmere

• Bay Watcher
  • Exploding me won't bring back your honey.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4625 on: July 15, 2013, 10:52:18 pm »

^^ Now that's service! Eh?

So... how is fuel consumption handled with hybrid vehicles? If I have 3 gas tanks, 4 batteries, a V6, a V8, and 2 large electric motors... how does all that hash out when the vehicle is in motion?
And then, they will be weaponized. Like everything in this game, from kittens to babies, everything is a potential device of murder.
So if baseless speculation is all we have, we might as well treat it like fact.

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4626 on: July 15, 2013, 10:56:08 pm »

^^ Now that's service! Eh?

So... how is fuel consumption handled with hybrid vehicles? If I have 3 gas tanks, 4 batteries, a V6, a V8, and 2 large electric motors... how does all that hash out when the vehicle is in motion?
Every engine that works (not destroyed) adds a fuel consumption and a force.  The force gets math'd against your total weight to figure your acceleration.  The fuel consumption for electric and gas is tallied up, and it consumes the correct amount of each type according to how many engines of each type are installed.

For instance:
If a V6 consumes 3 gasoline, a V8 consumes 4, and a Large Electric consumes 3 electricity, then mounting all of these at once would add their total force to your vehicle's acceleration, and would consume 7 gas and 3 electricity.

Darkmere

• Bay Watcher
  • Exploding me won't bring back your honey.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4627 on: July 15, 2013, 11:01:13 pm »

Great, thanks!

That's way the hell over the top for what I need, then. I may shamelessly rip off your engineering bay and just store engines in the back of the camper in case I need to switch out. Solar power has been good to me so far... but I am running 4 panels and 3 batteries so it's hard to run out of juice. 3 extra gas tanks all get funneled into fire-based weapons, it seems.
And then, they will be weaponized. Like everything in this game, from kittens to babies, everything is a potential device of murder.
So if baseless speculation is all we have, we might as well treat it like fact.

MrWiggles

• Bay Watcher
  • Doubt Everything
    • View Profile
« Reply #4628 on: July 15, 2013, 11:03:42 pm »

I'm hoping our fixes for the build tomorrow resolve this issue, there have been a few keybinding fixes. We do have difficulties getting Mac feedback especially so sorry about that.
Well, there are some weirdness with movement keys.

Crowbars, I can use My Keybinding. But the Bionic Flamethrower, uses the Default.

Matches and Lighters don't seem to work at all.

Examine and Look Around actions use the default movement keys.

Map use My movement keys to look.

Examining Cars uses My Movement keys, but there no way to resolve the conflict if there duplicate entries.

On my particular machine, there a lot of slowdown when it rains and some slowdown when there a fire.

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4629 on: July 16, 2013, 12:57:19 am »

On my particular machine, there a lot of slowdown when it rains and some slowdown when there a fire.
Having recently started setting buildings on fire recreationally, this is normal behavior.  Fire is a lot to handle, it adds a LOT of data to what's happening every turn.  Some slowdown is perfectly expected.

MrWiggles

• Bay Watcher
  • Doubt Everything
    • View Profile
« Reply #4630 on: July 16, 2013, 01:40:10 am »

Having recently started setting buildings on fire recreationally, this is normal behavior.  Fire is a lot to handle, it adds a LOT of data to what's happening every turn.  Some slowdown is perfectly expected.
Oh yea. Its not really noticeable, but with rain. Oh my gosh. Major major hit.

Akhier the Dragon hearted

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #4631 on: July 16, 2013, 01:58:55 am »

It might be the animation for the rain and if I am not mistaken there is an option to turn off the rain animation.
Join us. The crazy is at a perfect temperature today.
So it seems I accidentally put my canteen in my wheelbarrow and didn't notice... and then I got really thirsty... so right before going to sleep I go to take a swig from my canteen and... end up snorting a line of low-grade meth.

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #4632 on: July 16, 2013, 09:08:41 am »

So were zombie hulks removed or something?  I haven't seen one since I started playing again, after a couple months break.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4633 on: July 16, 2013, 09:38:35 am »

It might be the animation for the rain and if I am not mistaken there is an option to turn off the rain animation.

I'm fairly sure that rain falling on a tile when there's also fire on that tile equals computational funtimes. Now multiply these funtimes by, let's say, 100 for a moderately sized burning house. Yay~

MadeOfStarDust

• Bay Watcher
  • Alone on the surface of an alien world
    • View Profile
« Reply #4634 on: July 16, 2013, 09:51:52 am »

I just discovered something...
I was walking around with roaming NPCs on, and an NPC told me to raise my hands up. I complied, after which he walked to my side, told me to don't move a muscle, and started stealing things off me. Once I noticed that he's taking ALL of my stuff, I decided to attack him by moving into his square. Strangely enough, he didn't react, and continued to pick off my loot. So I continued punching him while he keeps on saying "Don't freaking move..." but he doesn't even attack me. Eventually, he died, and I took all my stuff back. Since he was beside me all the time he was stealing, I technically didnt't move from my spot when I was attacking him, and the NPC did not register attacking him as a movement.
Also...
Why is there a flaming headless zombie version of you in our moat?
Pages: 1 ... 307 308 [309] 310 311 ... 1086