Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 291 292 [293] 294 295 ... 1086

Author Topic: Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A roaming horde appears on the horizon!  (Read 1861320 times)

Mr Space Cat

• Bay Watcher
  • inactive, changed accounts. sig for info
    • View Profile
Re: Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead (Discuss the Kickstarter in the other thread)
« Reply #4380 on: July 11, 2013, 07:23:00 pm »

You do know that some of us have issues on those kinds of things, right?
Yeah, and it's an uncomfortable and unpleasant topic anyway, but in terms of the actual content from what I saw it wasn't that bad.

Basically it was: Dude 1 says something, everyone else calls him out on it, everyone moves on. Didn't seem worthy of the Toad stepping in but again I missed part of what was burned and why am i still talkingaboutthis--

Ahem. Anyone got tips on raiding buildings that are deeper in towns? All my attempts so far at getting to either the local library or the military surplus store have been stopped due to large numbers of common zombies mobbing around the only ways in or too many special zombies lurking around to warrant my attempting to get past them or even near them. There's also hardware and electronics stores as well as a gun store I wanna try to loot but again the zombies always seem to congregate around these stores, which are of course in the middle of town surrounded by zombies.
Made a new account that I use instead of this one. Don't message this one, I'm probably not gonna use it.

New account: Spehss _

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #4381 on: July 11, 2013, 07:23:57 pm »

You do know that some of us have issues on those kinds of things, right?

...But I didn't voice it as it was dropped.

ANYWAY
I always endeavor to place them on the roof, or on non-roof tiles.  The example electric car has them mounted onto a Board, and my WARBUS has them in open air without even intending to put a roof over that section.
But then they're exposed to acid rain, right? I'm pretty unsure how damaging that is to outer components not-roofed.
I have never encountered a vehicle being damaged by acid rain.  Otherwise the car chassis all over the street should be gone in the city I've been camping out.
So in short:

Solar panels should be in an unroofed/over the roof'd tile to work?
And only then? :S

Akhier the Dragon hearted

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #4382 on: July 11, 2013, 07:25:45 pm »

@Mr Space Cat
   A car or slowly working your way there by killing stuff then retreating to heal and resupply. One of my future plans is to make a car with a long section on the front that I can stab buildings with then seal the hole with the rest of the vehicle.
Join us. The crazy is at a perfect temperature today.
So it seems I accidentally put my canteen in my wheelbarrow and didn't notice... and then I got really thirsty... so right before going to sleep I go to take a swig from my canteen and... end up snorting a line of low-grade meth.

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #4383 on: July 11, 2013, 07:26:37 pm »

Ahem. Anyone got tips on raiding buildings that are deeper in towns? All my attempts so far at getting to either the local library or the military surplus store have been stopped due to large numbers of common zombies mobbing around the only ways in or too many special zombies lurking around to warrant my attempting to get past them or even near them. There's also hardware and electronics stores as well as a gun store I wanna try to loot but again the zombies always seem to congregate around these stores, which are of course in the middle of town surrounded by zombies.

Live on the outskirts and work your way in slowly.  At some point you'll get good enough in the process that you'll find you can just blast right through.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4384 on: July 11, 2013, 07:29:34 pm »

Best way to loot?  Run.  Taking Quick or Fleet-Footed will really help.  Just RUN around the horde, jump through windows or circle around buildings to slow them down and lose them.  Remember - you're not trying to be alone in the store, you're just trying to keep 2 tile radius personal space.  Using the 'V' 'find everything nearby' and the '/' 'loot everything from the 8 adjacent tiles' will become incredibly valuable.

Twiggie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4385 on: July 11, 2013, 07:49:27 pm »

I normally just make a loop around the building I want to loot, aggroing all the zombies. Then you run away a bit, head through a house or something to lose them, and loot away.

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #4386 on: July 11, 2013, 07:51:24 pm »

I normally just make a loop around the building I want to loot, aggroing all the zombies. Then you run away a bit, head through a house or something to lose them, and loot away.

And if there's nothing in that house that you care about, you can set it on fire on your way out :P
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4387 on: July 11, 2013, 07:54:38 pm »

Well THAT is incredibly convenient.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #4388 on: July 11, 2013, 08:13:45 pm »

I just debugged up a car with a needle on the front. It sometimes works perfectly. You have to be going about 40 and you punch through the wall with the needle and throw on the brakes.  Other times the wall just sort of disintegrates leaving too big a hole or you can't stop in time. If it works then you can easily get into the building and only the very front of the needle is damaged. If it doesn't then more of the car is damaged or zombies can get in around the car. I think I will need to experiment more.
So it seems I accidentally put my canteen in my wheelbarrow and didn't notice... and then I got really thirsty... so right before going to sleep I go to take a swig from my canteen and... end up snorting a line of low-grade meth.

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4389 on: July 11, 2013, 08:19:54 pm »

Just a board or something up front? What about a hollow "needle" of sorts? One you can climb through and the vehicle plugs the hole?

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #4390 on: July 11, 2013, 08:32:45 pm »

Just about 4 or 5 frames going straight off the front of the vehicle.

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4391 on: July 11, 2013, 08:39:06 pm »

In my experience, a steel plated from going 20-30 mph will punch through buildings rather well.

It depends on the mass though.  This works best with a vehicle at or above the weight of a bus.

Jehdin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4392 on: July 11, 2013, 08:46:46 pm »

So in short:

Solar panels should be in an unroofed/over the roof'd tile to work?
And only then? :S

Solar panels were bugged, they'd use the vehicle's origin tile to determine whether or not it was getting sunlight and not the solar panel's position.

This was just fixed last night, not sure if the experimental build includes it yet or not, but solar panels will ignore roofs as they're assumed to always be placed over them.

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #4393 on: July 11, 2013, 08:48:24 pm »

In my experience, a steel plated from going 20-30 mph will punch through buildings rather well.

It depends on the mass though.  This works best with a vehicle at or above the weight of a bus.
   I was using a flatbed truck because it was the first one in the list that was an odd number across so the needle would be in the middle.

Edit: It looks like you need to get the mass just right for the vehicle. I just tried putting a needle on a mil cargo truck and tapping a wall at 20 causes so much destruction.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2013, 09:12:12 pm by Akhier the Dragon hearted »

Mr Space Cat

• Bay Watcher
  • inactive, changed accounts. sig for info
    • View Profile
« Reply #4394 on: July 11, 2013, 11:37:32 pm »

I obviously need to put "learn to drive" at the top of my priorities list, it sounds like running into stuff with a car solves so many problems.
Made a new account that I use instead of this one. Don't message this one, I'm probably not gonna use it.

New account: Spehss _
Pages: 1 ... 291 292 [293] 294 295 ... 1086