Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 287 288 [289] 290 291 ... 1086

Author Topic: Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A roaming horde appears on the horizon!  (Read 1861268 times)

Gamerboy4life

• Bay Watcher
  • Helicopegasus
    • View Profile
Re: Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead (Discuss the Kickstarter in the other thread)
« Reply #4320 on: July 10, 2013, 10:23:54 pm »

I've been wrestling bears myself.

Wearing a fursuit, obviously.

Nothing like wrestling a bear while wearing the skin of his long-departed cousin or something like that
I need to put something interesting here.

Alkhemia

• Bay Watcher
  • aka Deep Sea Diver Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #4321 on: July 10, 2013, 10:30:17 pm »

I've been wrestling bears myself.

Wearing a fursuit, obviously.

Nothing like wrestling a bear while wearing the skin of his long-departed cousin or something like that
Warning pic is really big
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
"Hiken: Tsubame-Gaeshi" -Sasaki Kojirou (Grand Order}

"Please touch me. Without lying, wherever you want to touch. That is my wish." - Kiyohime (Grand Order)

"Tyranny, violation, genocide. Those are the things that I detest above all else." - Amakusa Shirou Tokisada (Grand Order)

Gamerboy4life

• Bay Watcher
  • Helicopegasus
    • View Profile
« Reply #4322 on: July 10, 2013, 10:53:57 pm »

Oh my god

I'm going to rename that truck to something witty, because it definitely deserves it

I need to put something interesting here.

Zyxl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4323 on: July 10, 2013, 11:08:39 pm »

Debug menu map editor is amazing.

Could use some minor things though like area formatting for strips and rectangles.

At some point in the future, I hope there's a feature to export/import map tiles.

MrWiggles

• Bay Watcher
  • Doubt Everything
    • View Profile
« Reply #4324 on: July 11, 2013, 01:06:24 am »

So, why would a town have lava?

How do I tell if power armor has a carrying frame? (And where do I get one?)
« Last Edit: July 11, 2013, 01:08:25 am by MrWiggles »
Doesn't like running from bears = clearly isn't an Eastern European
I'm Making a Mush! Navitas: City Limits ~ Inspired by Dresden Files and SCP.
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=113699.msg3470055#msg3470055
http://www.tf2items.com/id/MisterWigggles666#

Akhier the Dragon hearted

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #4325 on: July 11, 2013, 01:16:19 am »

So I have an archer running around in my latest video and it seems like the power curve on the bow just keeps getting farther into the OP area. Though the fact that in the last couple builds medicine doesn't get used and this includes things like bandages and I assume first aid (not found any yet) makes that all moot but whatever. Anyway I like whats been done with the arrows but I think it needs balancing where except for the basic arrows the better ones are more sidegrade then direct upgrades and I think I will take a closer look at the stats later to see if I can balance it some. Also I made a profession I had been thinking of for a bit and it seems to test out all right though a couple of games is hardly good pool of test results. I call it the Bird Watcher and all it is is adding some binoculars and a fanny pack (its where you carry the binoculars obviously) to the default clothes. I always talk about wanting the things in my videos so I figured it was high time to actually do something about it rather than just complain.
Join us. The crazy is at a perfect temperature today.
So it seems I accidentally put my canteen in my wheelbarrow and didn't notice... and then I got really thirsty... so right before going to sleep I go to take a swig from my canteen and... end up snorting a line of low-grade meth.

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #4326 on: July 11, 2013, 01:33:58 am »

I think the only reason archery is so overpowered is because it's so easy to train.  I can train myself up to deadly levels of skill just by disassembling all the furniture in a house and churning out arrows.  Zero risk.  You can get yourself over level 10 in a few days if you dedicate yourself to it, and be firing off guaranteed headshots when you're done, without having to expose yourself to any serious conflict.

I don't know how to train any other combat skills so easily.  If I could, I'm sure they'd feel just as powerful.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #4327 on: July 11, 2013, 01:55:31 am »

As i've been experiencing with rifle for a while, i think the big difference in training with bows is how easy it is to make ammo as you can get the component required everywhere, while for riflearms ammo it's already much more work and the components for bullets much less common to manufacture them.

Because the more ammo you can get, the more you can use the weapon and so the more you train the related skills.
That's probably why training bow goes faster, because the ammo are relatively easy to make.

I hope the temperature system will get some overhaul, it's not really fun to sleep in a location that is warm during spring and 2 hours of sleep later to get freezing.

Jack_Bread

• Bay Watcher
  • 100% FRESH ♥HIPPO♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #4328 on: July 11, 2013, 05:22:07 am »

So I managed to run my self over, twice.

I was just driving around in my car, when I jabberwock got on the road. I tried to run it over, but missed. It proceeded to jump in the car while I was still controlling it and beat me to death. Also the car became suddenly still. It wasn't moving at all.

Anyway, I started a new character. The game gave her the name Sarah Anderson.
I spawned close to where my last car was, so I legged it down to where it was because it had tons of nice stuff in it. I was being chased by a spider, too, so when I found my car, I quickly jumped into it. When I moved into the driver's seat, the game gave me a debug message, which read something like "(Sarah Anderson) is already there! Press space..."
I ignored the message and took control of the car. I was confused when the interface didn't change, so I pressed ^ again to make sure I was in control and I was. I tried to accelerate, but nothing happened. The car sort of sat there. After trying to escape from the spider, suddenly I was somewhere different and reeeeally injured.
According to the message log, the car I was inside rammed into me, dealing tons of damage and ripping my shirt.

I was in a bit of pain from somehow ramming my car into me, but good enough to walk, apparently. I had looked at the map and I was propelled faaar south from where I started. I walked around a bit and found that a certain point in the road teleported me back to where the car propelled me to, so I went around it and eventually found my car again.
I should also mention that while walking around, the message log was telling me that I fumbled with the controls of my car that I was no where near at that moment.
I got back into it and saved, hoping to copy it just in case. I jumped into the controls and the game gave me the "Sarah Anderson is already there!" debug message again and I tried once again to control the car, which had rammed itself into some trees, but was miraculously unharmed.
I accelerated and managed to ram the car into myself again, killing me. I then realized I forgot to copy the save.
It was an interesting experience.

Twiggie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4329 on: July 11, 2013, 05:49:43 am »

Missing a seat maybe? I know I managed to run myself over in my first driving experience doing that.

MrWiggles

• Bay Watcher
  • Doubt Everything
    • View Profile
« Reply #4330 on: July 11, 2013, 06:47:24 am »

As much talk as there have been on bows being OP, a freaken broadsword is just so awesome!
Doesn't like running from bears = clearly isn't an Eastern European
I'm Making a Mush! Navitas: City Limits ~ Inspired by Dresden Files and SCP.
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=113699.msg3470055#msg3470055
http://www.tf2items.com/id/MisterWigggles666#

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4331 on: July 11, 2013, 08:13:15 am »

As much talk as there have been on bows being OP, a freaken broadsword is just so awesome!
Unskilled 12 strength can one-shot zombies.

Then again broadswords are relatively rare - you can craft a bow.

FritzPL

• Bay Watcher
  • Changing avatar text since 2013
    • View Profile
« Reply #4332 on: July 11, 2013, 08:18:29 am »

A zombie brute is 2-hit kill with a katana. There was only one time I found it, though - on a dead criminal party.

MrMolestia

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #4333 on: July 11, 2013, 09:07:54 am »

Is it really worth it running around with an X-Acto knife trying to poke zombies?
I mean the description looks as if when you get skilled enough you can tacticool-ishly ram your way through hordes of enemies with just a "I sharpen my pencils with it"-knife.

Is it possible to get it to bow-tier overpowerdness?

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #4334 on: July 11, 2013, 09:20:09 am »

Is it really worth it running around with an X-Acto knife trying to poke zombies?
I mean the description looks as if when you get skilled enough you can tacticool-ishly ram your way through hordes of enemies with just a "I sharpen my pencils with it"-knife.

Is it possible to get it to bow-tier overpowerdness?
* Tiruin's Character finds a reflex bow in a sporting goods store after a passive loot run. And 16 carbon fiber arrows.

> Level 2 archery.
> Me clearing streets and getting my ammo back piece by piece. Feeling like kiting the slow mobs (yep, char = glass runner).

Problem: Smoker zombies.
>_<

Though, a few days in, and riding my bicycle like no tomorrow, I get messages of 'The corpse rises-' or something like that and shambles towards you-ish.

...No necromancer about. What's up?  :o
Pages: 1 ... 287 288 [289] 290 291 ... 1086