Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 282 283 [284] 285 286 ... 1086

Author Topic: Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A roaming horde appears on the horizon!  (Read 1860551 times)

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
Re: Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead (Discuss the Kickstarter in the other thread)
« Reply #4245 on: July 09, 2013, 10:15:12 pm »

Well, then the primer spawn rate at gun stores should be considerably higher.

beorn080

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4246 on: July 09, 2013, 10:25:25 pm »

So, started first character in a long time. 10's for stats, Quick, fleet footed, and light step, and 2 in survival and tailoring. First find on leaving shelter, a pile of dead drug users, got like 25 cocaine and enough clothing and backpacks to carry whatever. Second find. A drug users trap den. No useful drugs, really, but a half dozen nailboard traps and beartraps makes clearing house by house easy. This is the first time I've hit the second day and ACTUALLY had enough stuff to get to the third.
Ustxu Iceraped the Frigid Crystal of Slaughter was a glacier titan. It was the only one of its kind. A gigantic feathered carp composed of crystal glass. It has five mouths full of treacherous teeth, enormous clear wings, and ferocious blue eyes. Beware its icy breath! Ustxu was associated with oceans, glaciers, boats, and murder.

GaxkangtheUnbound

• Bay Watcher
  • To the skies!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4247 on: July 09, 2013, 10:37:36 pm »

Apparently, coyote corpses are good bashing weapons.
I bashed down a door because I was going martial artist(and had no space for a crowbar)
Proud of my heritage.
Prepare to lose your sanity.

WealthyRadish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4248 on: July 09, 2013, 10:43:50 pm »

So I was in a lab and came across one of the rooms that has a radio thing that accesses 'memory banks' from a console. I'd assumed that they're an unimplemented feature, but after putting a USB drive on the analyzing area it gave the message 'memory bank empty'. Are there items that can actually be used with these?

Man of Paper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4249 on: July 09, 2013, 10:46:53 pm »

I actually jut entered a lab and have a USB with Medstuff on it. Lemme see I can find a room.

WealthyRadish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4250 on: July 09, 2013, 10:57:29 pm »

Oh, I bet it works with black boxes! That would make sense. I need to find one and come back to that room.

Man of Paper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4251 on: July 09, 2013, 11:02:01 pm »

Ooooh, that makes sense!

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4252 on: July 09, 2013, 11:05:22 pm »

So I cheated myself the full slew of Bird themed mutations on top of my regular martial-artist build.  The weight limit is an issue, even for 12 str, though I found a working motorbike so I'll be exploiting easy vehicle storage.  Also picked up an M1911 handgun and accompanying ammo, but then quickly found some skill books and decided coilguns are the only handgun worth using in the apocalypse.  So I'll be sequestering to the nearby swamp, reading ALL my books, and then returning to town to grab an electronics store and hardware store.

Also found a minigun!  That's right, the BIG one.  No idea what to do with it (aside from the obvious).

EDIT:
AND THEN THIS:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: July 09, 2013, 11:10:00 pm by Girlinhat »

beorn080

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4253 on: July 09, 2013, 11:28:55 pm »

Alright. Jabberwocks. Those bastards are tough. I ran one over twice, before it died. However, it died. I butchered it, successfully. WOW. The resulting butchery remains take up like 5 pages of inventory. I need to go get survival up so I can make some bone needles.
Ustxu Iceraped the Frigid Crystal of Slaughter was a glacier titan. It was the only one of its kind. A gigantic feathered carp composed of crystal glass. It has five mouths full of treacherous teeth, enormous clear wings, and ferocious blue eyes. Beware its icy breath! Ustxu was associated with oceans, glaciers, boats, and murder.

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4254 on: July 09, 2013, 11:32:01 pm »

I think Jaberwocks are just HUGE creatures.  That's why they take such a pounding, and produce so much butchering.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #4255 on: July 09, 2013, 11:37:34 pm »

You aren't supposed to be pounding them, you're supposed to be snicker-snacking them. It's so obvious now...

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4256 on: July 09, 2013, 11:40:30 pm »

You aren't supposed to be pounding them, you're supposed to be snicker-snacking them. It's so obvious now...
Oh you brits and your strange ways of saying "fire".

beorn080

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4257 on: July 09, 2013, 11:44:56 pm »

The answer to all hostile creatures is simply run them over. Acquire car, all critters become mobile resource depots.

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #4258 on: July 09, 2013, 11:47:10 pm »

Hungry?  Why wait?
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

Angle

• Bay Watcher
  • 39 Indigo Spear Questions the Poor
    • View Profile
    • Agora Forum Demo!
« Reply #4259 on: July 10, 2013, 12:30:05 am »

I think the computer terminal in the labs is a quest thing. I used a black box with one, and got a black box transcript, but it didn't do anything.

Agora: open-source platform to facilitate complicated discussions between large numbers of people. Now with test site!

The Temple of the Elements: Quirky Dungeon Crawler
Pages: 1 ... 282 283 [284] 285 286 ... 1086