Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 278 279 [280] 281 282 ... 1086

Author Topic: Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A roaming horde appears on the horizon!  (Read 1860150 times)

SharpKris

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead (Discuss the Kickstarter in the other thread)
« Reply #4185 on: July 08, 2013, 09:40:01 pm »

just found a wolf suit inside a sience lab, should i keep it?
Apparently they're good, I guess. I found one and thought it sounded really stupid so I burned it along with the rest of the spare clothing I'd found.
   It has 100% coverage over you whole body. While that in and of itself doesn't make such things in real life great armor in the game with how it works they make you godly. As I have said before, I took a jabberwock in melee combat with only a wolf suit and a crowbar and won.

but wouldnt carrying stuff and overall hinderance be annoying as hell?

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4186 on: July 08, 2013, 09:41:27 pm »

It dissects things, some might say too efficiently.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
That image...
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

Akhier the Dragon hearted

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #4187 on: July 08, 2013, 09:49:58 pm »

but wouldnt carrying stuff and overall hinderance be annoying as hell?
   Make a blank character and debug a wolf suit in then drop everything but that and tele yourself into a town and melee the enemies. See how long you last while the suit lasts then see how quick you die when you don't have one.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2013, 09:52:57 pm by Akhier the Dragon hearted »
Join us. The crazy is at a perfect temperature today.
So it seems I accidentally put my canteen in my wheelbarrow and didn't notice... and then I got really thirsty... so right before going to sleep I go to take a swig from my canteen and... end up snorting a line of low-grade meth.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #4188 on: July 09, 2013, 02:14:44 am »

What, you mean besides dissectors, the scientists, turrets, man-hacks and everything else?
Can dissectors remove bionics?
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4189 on: July 09, 2013, 02:28:57 am »

No.

Well, they do, but they remove limbs and life at the same time.
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4190 on: July 09, 2013, 09:15:35 am »

What, you mean besides dissectors, the scientists, turrets, man-hacks and everything else?
Can dissectors remove bionics?
It dissects things, some might say too efficiently.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
WAS THIS NOT CLEAR ENOUGH?!

azmodean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4191 on: July 09, 2013, 10:03:03 am »

Did anyone poke around in the keystroke-recognition code between the last website version (windoes, SDL) and 0.6 because the game no longer recognizes alt-key characters. Some elaboration: I use a Swedish keyboard layout which has certain keys that cataclysm uses mapped to alt+key combinations. This includes characters such as @ and \, which are mapped to alt + 2 and alt + +, respectively. The current website windows SDL version no longer recognizes these, which makes the game pretty annoying to play since inventory items mapped to those keys are impossible to interact with. The problem cropped up somewhere between 0.6 (Samedi) and the current version, just tested both and Samedi works just fine.

I guess I could just switch keyboard layout when I want to play, but that would be highly annoying.

It sounds like this commit https://github.com/CleverRaven/Cataclysm-DDA/commit/c1f2c34695700cac2759a0816437ede757365eb3 might be problematic, it adds Alt+num handling, but I imagine that would interfere with other methods of character input.  Can you give http://ci.narc.ro/job/Cataclysm-Win32-SDL/109/artifact/cataclysmdda-0.6.zip a try and let me know if that works?  If so that's definitely the issue.  Also that's the latest version before the change, so if my guess is right you can play that one until we get it sorted out.

I filed an issue about this at https://github.com/CleverRaven/Cataclysm-DDA/issues/1994, if you're interested you can follow it thare.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2013, 10:10:51 am by azmodean »
I don't think Jesus died from thorns being pushed into his brain. RTFA

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #4192 on: July 09, 2013, 10:13:29 am »

Weird. Using sdl events and their unicode member variable should take care of that.

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

Anvilfolk

• Bay Watcher
  • Love! <3
    • View Profile
    • Portuguese blacksmithing forum!
« Reply #4193 on: July 09, 2013, 10:42:30 am »

A quick thing about SDL... in Windowed mode it only does software rendering unless you use OpenGL explicitly. Which makes it insanely slow. I'm switching away from SDL because of that, not to mention that it's ultra super low-level (especially if you decide to use OpenGL).

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4194 on: July 09, 2013, 11:35:45 am »

Shit just got real.

guessingo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4195 on: July 09, 2013, 11:41:56 am »

how about moving this discussion over the Cataclyms DDA forums instead of piling it all into 1 big thread here?

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4196 on: July 09, 2013, 11:48:19 am »

Shit just got real.
And then I fell in a sinkhole with no way out.

That's a really dick move and I'm going to debug it, because "you lose" buttons are never good, and in this case there's no way out from a trap I couldn't have ever seen or be prepared for, and that's unfair.

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
  • if you must die, die spectacularly
    • View Profile
« Reply #4197 on: July 09, 2013, 11:49:22 am »

One of my mates got instakilled by a sinkhole after beating a jabberwock with his bare hands. There really needs to be a climb button or something.

Akhier the Dragon hearted

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #4198 on: July 09, 2013, 12:07:10 pm »

how about moving this discussion over the Cataclyms DDA forums instead of piling it all into 1 big thread here?
   There are two reason to keep this thread in use. One is that when its on the front page all the time it attracts people here who have not seen CataDDA and so is good for the continued growth of the community. The second is that in the CataDDA forums a lot of the stuff discussed here would probably hardly be discussed as they are here because over all they are not really worth a whole new thread. For instance I occasionally post here when I have a new video up that I particularly like. A LP thread while an LP is what I am doing would not fit but I also can't just start a new thread every time I do a video where I do something really neat. This thread here lets me share it without any hassle.
Join us. The crazy is at a perfect temperature today.
So it seems I accidentally put my canteen in my wheelbarrow and didn't notice... and then I got really thirsty... so right before going to sleep I go to take a swig from my canteen and... end up snorting a line of low-grade meth.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #4199 on: July 09, 2013, 12:20:54 pm »

A third reason is that many people don't actually frequent the CataDDA forum.
Pages: 1 ... 278 279 [280] 281 282 ... 1086