Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 268 269 [270] 271 272 ... 1086

Author Topic: Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A roaming horde appears on the horizon!  (Read 1859691 times)

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
Re: Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead (Discuss the Kickstarter in the other thread)
« Reply #4035 on: July 06, 2013, 07:53:58 am »

The evac shelter has been picked more-or-less clean;
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Mrnocamera

• Bay Watcher
  • Qualified.... Something.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4036 on: July 06, 2013, 07:55:36 am »

Hence the fact it is thoroughly damaged, it's been taken, used, dropped, lost and then found again.
Professional shut-in

You don't need to be good at video games anyway, right?

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #4037 on: July 06, 2013, 07:58:45 am »

One day, creatures will learn to path around fire/bushes/pits. This will be a day of terror.
Well, I don't think zombies SHOULD path around these things, considering they're zombies and thus pretty dumb.

Most things that aren't zombies should, though.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Game crashed.  Epic badass cyborg archer gone forever.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2013, 08:03:00 am by SalmonGod »
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #4038 on: July 06, 2013, 08:03:03 am »

Yeah, I can agree with that.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4039 on: July 06, 2013, 08:46:41 am »

Also: why meat spoils in 24 hs? I can't stock it so that I can actually do something else.
Look for Glass Jars - they're usually full of Red Sauce or Pesto or somesuch, best found in houses or rarely as zombie drops.  When you find one BE CAREFUL they count as weapons and you will auto-wield them if you're using 'fists' or any martial arts, which breaks them on the first swing!  With sufficient cooking skill, you can boil and can the meat - you need water (dirty works), a jar, and meat (rotten works!), as well as a heat source (fire, hotplate, toolset, etc.), and a cooking utensil (pan, pointy stick, toolset, etc.).  This creates a 'tool' item, jar of meat, which can be activated to turn into a food container.  This means that it NEVER spoils until it's opened, while it still has the same nutrition as freshly cooked meat and occupies 1 volume.  Most often I would go slay a critter, eat my fill, and can the rest using bionics (1 charge use of toolset) and have many meat jars left over, combined with a jerrycan of funnel water and a vehicle headlight, then go hunker down and read a tough book!
Thanks! This will surely help. Having to go hunting every day is tiring. Not that I have a big problem about that, but town is quite far away and I have yet to find a wrench to fix a car.

EDIT: I have a cooking skill of 5, yet the recipe doesn't appear. The Wiki states that I also need mechanics, which I still don't have. So I guess I will have to find a book on it, meanwhile.

Nighthawk

• Bay Watcher
  • INT Score: Yes
    • View Profile
« Reply #4040 on: July 06, 2013, 10:22:32 am »

Having multiple types of arrows really sucks when you need to go through an extra keypress every time you want to fire one.
We need a "Ready Arrow" command that allows you to choose which ones you want to fire.

I just like archery too much. Who cares if it's OP, who cares if it gets seriously nerfed in later versions; I just want to be Legolas, regardless.

Akhier the Dragon hearted

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #4041 on: July 06, 2013, 10:32:36 am »

A gun mod that only works on bows and crossbows called a quiver. What it does is let you load the thing like a gun though it doesn't take less time to fire (maybe a smidge since a quiver is designed for easy access) it just makes it so you don't have to choose what type of arrow you want to shoot.
Join us. The crazy is at a perfect temperature today.
So it seems I accidentally put my canteen in my wheelbarrow and didn't notice... and then I got really thirsty... so right before going to sleep I go to take a swig from my canteen and... end up snorting a line of low-grade meth.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #4042 on: July 06, 2013, 10:43:06 am »

Having multiple types of arrows really sucks when you need to go through an extra keypress every time you want to fire one.
We need a "Ready Arrow" command that allows you to choose which ones you want to fire.

I just like archery too much. Who cares if it's OP, who cares if it gets seriously nerfed in later versions; I just want to be Legolas, regardless.
Agreed, they should set up a (q)uiver command like dungeon crawl which sets which ammo to use.

Akhier the Dragon hearted

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #4043 on: July 06, 2013, 11:15:36 am »

A guy called Bormac on YouTube is doing an LP of CataDDA if anyone is interested. His first video is here and second one here. He seems somewhat new to the game so that should be interesting. I have watched other videos of his and they where decent enough so these should be a good watch.

Edit:One thing to note is he hasn't made the game window bigger (I commented on his first video how to so it may get fixed soon if he didn't record too many ahead) so the viewport is somewhat constricted.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2013, 11:17:23 am by Akhier the Dragon hearted »
Join us. The crazy is at a perfect temperature today.
So it seems I accidentally put my canteen in my wheelbarrow and didn't notice... and then I got really thirsty... so right before going to sleep I go to take a swig from my canteen and... end up snorting a line of low-grade meth.

MrWiggles

• Bay Watcher
  • Doubt Everything
    • View Profile
« Reply #4044 on: July 06, 2013, 07:02:39 pm »

How do I cook?

I had meats and a point stick, and a large fire. All I seemed to do, was set a small fire exactly where I was standing.
Doesn't like running from bears = clearly isn't an Eastern European
I'm Making a Mush! Navitas: City Limits ~ Inspired by Dresden Files and SCP.
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=113699.msg3470055#msg3470055
http://www.tf2items.com/id/MisterWigggles666#

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4045 on: July 06, 2013, 07:03:34 pm »

How do I cook?

I had meats and a point stick, and a large fire. All I seemed to do, was set a small fire exactly where I was standing.
Were you crafting?

Mr Space Cat

• Bay Watcher
  • inactive, changed accounts. sig for info
    • View Profile
« Reply #4046 on: July 06, 2013, 07:23:29 pm »

Is there a way to gen a new world? I'm getting kinda tired of starting new crappy characters who have even less potential for finding gear because my last dead crappy characters went and looted all the good easy to grab stuff before thoughtlessly getting themselves killed.

Also, anyone got some tips on character creation? I feel like I'm doing it wrong.
Made a new account that I use instead of this one. Don't message this one, I'm probably not gonna use it.

New account: Spehss _

MrWiggles

• Bay Watcher
  • Doubt Everything
    • View Profile
« Reply #4047 on: July 06, 2013, 07:31:24 pm »

How do I cook?

Were you crafting?
Yea I did it through the crafting menu.
Doesn't like running from bears = clearly isn't an Eastern European
I'm Making a Mush! Navitas: City Limits ~ Inspired by Dresden Files and SCP.
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=113699.msg3470055#msg3470055
http://www.tf2items.com/id/MisterWigggles666#

muwahahaha

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4048 on: July 06, 2013, 07:35:14 pm »

Is there a way to gen a new world? I'm getting kinda tired of starting new crappy characters who have even less potential for finding gear because my last dead crappy characters went and looted all the good easy to grab stuff before thoughtlessly getting themselves killed.

Also, anyone got some tips on character creation? I feel like I'm doing it wrong.

The 'Reset' option on the main menu deletes the current world, so when you start a new game it'll gen a brand new world for you.

Regarding character creation, I personally find stats to be the most important, and generally don't take any skills at all.

Could you give us an example of what you tend to take?

This is what I normally roll with:

STR:10
DEX:10
INT:13
PER:10

Night Vision
Robust Genetics

Heavy Sleeper
Glass Jaw
Addictive Personality
Lightweight

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4049 on: July 06, 2013, 07:48:53 pm »

While I find stats (aside from decent perception) to be fairly unimportant, and mostly take enough skills to get me started.
Pages: 1 ... 268 269 [270] 271 272 ... 1086