Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 258 259 [260] 261 262 ... 1086

Author Topic: Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A roaming horde appears on the horizon!  (Read 1860331 times)

SharpKris

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead (Discuss the Kickstarter in the other thread)
« Reply #3885 on: July 03, 2013, 04:05:44 pm »

I don't think there is any safe water besides what you have in a bottle thats marked as clean.

rain water is clean

CognitiveDissonance

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3886 on: July 03, 2013, 04:10:01 pm »

I don't think there is any safe water besides what you have in a bottle thats marked as clean.

rain water is clean

Just remember that sometimes, it's clear acid. Always read the label :)
Come and be amazed by this wonderful menagerie! Draw your own! Bring your favorite! The [Forgotten Beast Art Contest] is open for business!
Now also available - [The Legendary Artifact Art Contest]! It menaces! It has rings! It has craftsdwarfship!
I have a [YouTube] channel! It has Let's Plays and other stuff.

Mr Space Cat

• Bay Watcher
  • inactive, changed accounts. sig for info
    • View Profile
« Reply #3887 on: July 03, 2013, 04:14:38 pm »

Toilet water seems clean enough.  :P
Made a new account that I use instead of this one. Don't message this one, I'm probably not gonna use it.

New account: Spehss _

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3888 on: July 03, 2013, 05:07:47 pm »

How does Dynamic Spawn work exactly?  The wiki's guide to survival seems to hint that it's a delayed spawn based on how long you've been in the city.  Like "you've got an hour and a half to get in and get out" but if this works anything like the old spawn system, then they start spawning then and never stop.

Am I making sense?

Jehdin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3889 on: July 03, 2013, 05:12:31 pm »

rain water is clean

Is it? I collected rain water in 0.6 and it still needed purified before drinking or I'd get food poisoning, which I thought was strange. Has this changed in the nightly builds?

How does Dynamic Spawn work exactly?  The wiki's guide to survival seems to hint that it's a delayed spawn based on how long you've been in the city.  Like "you've got an hour and a half to get in and get out" but if this works anything like the old spawn system, then they start spawning then and never stop.

Am I making sense?

Dynamic spawn will spawn zombies in relation to how much noise you're making, more noise = more zombies. There is a delay between you starting and them spawning, it gives you a few hours to get supplies whereas with static spawn, all zombies are placed at world creation.

Akhier the Dragon hearted

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #3890 on: July 03, 2013, 05:13:49 pm »

Dynamic as far as I know is the old system. It was basically left in as an option because it was already there from what I can tell. Also some people liked it for whatever reason.
Join us. The crazy is at a perfect temperature today.
So it seems I accidentally put my canteen in my wheelbarrow and didn't notice... and then I got really thirsty... so right before going to sleep I go to take a swig from my canteen and... end up snorting a line of low-grade meth.

SharpKris

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3891 on: July 03, 2013, 05:17:05 pm »

rain water is clean

Is it? I collected rain water in 0.6 and it still needed purified before drinking or I'd get food poisoning, which I thought was strange. Has this changed in the nightly builds?

as far as i can tell i have a steel jerrican of 25L of rain water from a funnel and i've yet to get sick from it

Akhier the Dragon hearted

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #3892 on: July 03, 2013, 05:20:55 pm »

If the water in the jerrycan is marked as clean then it is safe to drink. If it isn't marked as such then your just getting lucky.
Join us. The crazy is at a perfect temperature today.
So it seems I accidentally put my canteen in my wheelbarrow and didn't notice... and then I got really thirsty... so right before going to sleep I go to take a swig from my canteen and... end up snorting a line of low-grade meth.

CognitiveDissonance

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3893 on: July 03, 2013, 05:24:37 pm »

Am I making sense?

Dynamic Spawn has the following mechanics, differing from Static:
- No zombies spawn until 9am (correct me if my time is wrong)

- Spawning is directly related to noise caused. A shotgun blast spawns a veritable horde. Noise is indicated by in-game messages such as plink and KABLAM!

- Spawning is NOT infinite, but draws from a local pool. This pool is significantly larger than Static numbers are, but it can be depleted

This is literally how animals work in the world currently. Noise causes new animals to spawn at all times, drawing from a large pool. This is why you get so many cougars and spiders trying to hug a vehicle when driving one.
Come and be amazed by this wonderful menagerie! Draw your own! Bring your favorite! The [Forgotten Beast Art Contest] is open for business!
Now also available - [The Legendary Artifact Art Contest]! It menaces! It has rings! It has craftsdwarfship!
I have a [YouTube] channel! It has Let's Plays and other stuff.

SharpKris

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3894 on: July 03, 2013, 05:44:33 pm »

If the water in the jerrycan is marked as clean then it is safe to drink. If it isn't marked as such then your just getting lucky.

thats a shitload of lucky then

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3895 on: July 03, 2013, 05:57:53 pm »

So if I've got Light Step and I tread around the edges of town, can I just not get any spawns?

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #3896 on: July 03, 2013, 05:59:48 pm »

Encountered my first Jabberwock.

Took it down with one shot of cocaine, a longbow, and a shrubbery.
I swear to god, if you made it snort coke by pushing it into a shrubbery, and firing an arrow laden with coke under its nose, and it had an allergic reaction, it will be the best way to kill.

SOMEONE MOD THIS IN!

I wish.

It charged at me and I fired a couple arrows, but it was moving too fast.  So I took a snort of cocaine and ran.  It was still catching up to me, so I pathed it through a bush.  That slowed it down just enough that I felt safe firing a couple more shots.  At this point, I managed to land a headshot, and it stopped moving.  I then went on to land (IIRC) 7 more headshots in rapid succession.  So it just stood still as I pelted it with like 600 damage and finally brought it down.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

SharpKris

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3897 on: July 03, 2013, 06:16:40 pm »

that great feeling after clearing a hospitel.
i just make a fire for the jabber, dont care to waste half of my arrows on it

anyone got an idea what can i do with a spiral stone?
« Last Edit: July 03, 2013, 06:20:29 pm by SharpKris »

Blaze

• Bay Watcher
  • The Chaos that Crawls up on you with a Smile.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3898 on: July 03, 2013, 06:23:26 pm »

IIRC, the Spiral Stone was originally meant to act as a key to something; like the petrified eye. Since it was never implemented, it's just a glorified paperweight.

WealthyRadish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3899 on: July 03, 2013, 06:25:39 pm »

Real men fight jabberwocks in hand to hand combat with a bottle of orange juice.

...with melee 17 and bashing 16, it's surprisingly effective. I forgot I was wielding it, and didn't notice until later when I tried to break a window. But yeah, molotovs are crazy effective against damn near anything. Throwing an unlit pipe bomb first is fun as well.
Pages: 1 ... 258 259 [260] 261 262 ... 1086