Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 236 237 [238] 239 240 ... 1086

Author Topic: Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A roaming horde appears on the horizon!  (Read 1861594 times)

Scelly9

• Bay Watcher
  • That crazy long-haired queer liberal communist
    • View Profile
Re: Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead (Discuss the Kickstarter in the other thread)
« Reply #3555 on: June 26, 2013, 02:12:20 am »

Proxy, I'm guessing.
You taste the jug! It is ceramic.
Quote from: Loud Whispers
SUPPORT THE COMMUNIST GAY MOVEMENT!

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
  • if you must die, die spectacularly
    • View Profile
« Reply #3556 on: June 26, 2013, 02:20:22 am »

It's amazing how he spent time on a proxy specifically for bandodging, and he uses it for the exact same thing he got banned for. As Far Cry 3 said,  that is the definition of insanity.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #3557 on: June 26, 2013, 02:21:33 am »

Don't think he needs a proxy. IP bans are rather messy, as they tend to have a collateral.

Also, Ip adresses change.

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #3558 on: June 26, 2013, 12:21:40 pm »

Seriously, can't Toady IP ban him? Has nobody been this stupidly persisent until now?
Not that I know of. This is the first instance I've seen in my time here of a person who gets banned multiple times, then comes back specifically to do the exact same thing they were banned for in the first place.
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

Vorbicon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3559 on: June 26, 2013, 12:25:50 pm »

Our best bet is that, like any other child, he'll simply tantrum himself out eventually.

Scoops Novel

• Bay Watcher
  • Talismanic
    • View Profile
« Reply #3560 on: June 26, 2013, 12:27:52 pm »

I get the strangest urge to join him in tilting against you lot. Something to do with the ad hominem's, even if justified. Not that he's right, I'd still like to know the whole sorry story and you guys annoy me enough on occasion. *shrug*.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2013, 12:37:50 pm by Novel Scoops »
Reading a thinner book

Arcjolt (useful) Chilly The Endoplasm Jiggles

Hums with potential    a flying minotaur

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3561 on: June 26, 2013, 01:35:56 pm »

This is a reply to Novel, not to the bandodger:
Whole story: He created a mod, fixed a couple bugs and generally modified things so people would only play it the way he felt was the right way to play it, and posted it on the forums. He generally acted like an asshole to everyone, and flipped out everytime anyone criticized him, and I spent way too long defending him because I felt as someone who put in the effort to dig through the code and work on their own branch he was worth having around. As time passed, he became more and more aggressive, and spent quite a lot of time insulting people's intelligence and derailing threads to talk about how his branch was perfect and everyone was stupid for not playing it and expressing amazement that more people didn't want to play it. He also insulted many developers for not wanting to dig through his code, and for refusing to merge his changes into mainline unless he provided diff files or submitted them through github (the way everyone else contributes), insisting that it was everyone else's responsibility to do the work of making sure things worked cross-system and with the new code changes that had been made (his stuff did not, as a general rule). Someone finally DID dig through his code to include a fix he'd made for some windows graphical issues, about two lines, but said they'd never do it again. And so no one ever did it again.

He managed to get two warnings, and several deleted posts, all the while getting progressively more aggressive with others. He started with quite a few supporters who liked and played his mod, but he then started attacking them and driving them off for reasons I'm still not quite sure about, until I was getting repeated reports and requests to ban him. Finally, I gave him a temp ban, and that's about when he started showing up here accusing us of stealing his stuff and being crooks and whatnot. When the temp ban was listed, he immediately embarked on a campaign of reposting deleted insulting posts, advertising his mod in threads dedicated to other things, and launching a barrage of insults and accusations against others, so he got permabanned.

And... that's pretty much the full story, as I know it. I spent way too long defending him and his right to be on the forum, and probably should have outright banned him a lot longer, but he did have a few good ideas and I let that sway my opinion of the opportunity cost of such an action, and I tried to suggest ways (via PM) he could avoid getting into further trouble or pissing people off instead of just sending him packing. This is the price I pay for trying to be reasonable and work things out with him, I guess. :/

Akhier the Dragon hearted

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #3562 on: June 26, 2013, 05:46:01 pm »

Is there a book or some easy way to train swimming? I noticed that I could enter and exit the water over and over to train it but thats boring. In "unrelated" news my latest video had me die of drowning.
Join us. The crazy is at a perfect temperature today.
So it seems I accidentally put my canteen in my wheelbarrow and didn't notice... and then I got really thirsty... so right before going to sleep I go to take a swig from my canteen and... end up snorting a line of low-grade meth.

Nighthawk

• Bay Watcher
  • INT Score: Yes
    • View Profile
« Reply #3563 on: June 26, 2013, 05:59:12 pm »

In all my years, I have never seen a book that teaches swimming in Cataclysm.

All my years amounts to the 0.1 years I have been playing this game, in case you were wondering.

WealthyRadish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3564 on: June 26, 2013, 06:01:04 pm »

There's a magazine called "Swim World" that can bring it up to level 1. I'd imagine it's more common in sporting goods stores.

Anyone know what the Corporate Accounting Ledger does?

MrWiggles

• Bay Watcher
  • Doubt Everything
    • View Profile
« Reply #3565 on: June 26, 2013, 06:08:48 pm »

So, I've got a weird set up for my movement keys for ergonomic reasons.

Anyway I get the examine and look commands to use my movement keys?
Doesn't like running from bears = clearly isn't an Eastern European
I'm Making a Mush! Navitas: City Limits ~ Inspired by Dresden Files and SCP.
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=113699.msg3470055#msg3470055
http://www.tf2items.com/id/MisterWigggles666#

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #3566 on: June 26, 2013, 06:30:24 pm »

If it doesn't automatically do it then the view movement must be hard coded still for some reason. It definitely needs to be connected to the movement keys though there must be a reason it is not.

NinjaEdit: I went and check the key config and it says the following
# Note that movement keybindings ONLY apply to movement (for now).
# That is, binding w to move_n will let you use w to move north, but you
# cannot use w to smash north, examine to the north, etc.
# For now, you must use vikeys, the numpad, or arrow keys for those actions.
# This is planned to change in the future.
So it seems I accidentally put my canteen in my wheelbarrow and didn't notice... and then I got really thirsty... so right before going to sleep I go to take a swig from my canteen and... end up snorting a line of low-grade meth.

MrWiggles

• Bay Watcher
  • Doubt Everything
    • View Profile
« Reply #3567 on: June 26, 2013, 07:10:13 pm »

If it doesn't automatically do it then the view movement must be hard coded still for some reason. It definitely needs to be connected to the movement keys though there must be a reason it is not.

NinjaEdit: I went and check the key config and it says the following
# Note that movement keybindings ONLY apply to movement (for now).
# That is, binding w to move_n will let you use w to move north, but you
# cannot use w to smash north, examine to the north, etc.
# For now, you must use vikeys, the numpad, or arrow keys for those actions.
# This is planned to change in the future.
That is highly annoying. 8/
--------
EDIT

So, how do I commit arson? I got a ligher, and there is a bed.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2013, 08:27:52 pm by MrWiggles »
Doesn't like running from bears = clearly isn't an Eastern European
I'm Making a Mush! Navitas: City Limits ~ Inspired by Dresden Files and SCP.
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=113699.msg3470055#msg3470055
http://www.tf2items.com/id/MisterWigggles666#

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #3568 on: June 26, 2013, 07:17:09 pm »

Yeah, I am mostly lucky with my setup though I must admit crowbar is f, sewing kit is a, and aspirin is I and if I couldn't set those I would be sorely aggrieved. Though they are just items I have keyed them in. I can understand how the current setup happened with the keys. The look command is a different thing from movement as it has no limits to it like not being able to go through walls when walking so it was probably coded with a really simple cursor movement thing, sorta like the basic make an @ move around the screen that most program a roguelike guides start with.

Zyxl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3569 on: June 26, 2013, 10:48:46 pm »

Do turrets still appear or disappear when you're not looking?

I recall hostile turrets popping out of nowhere without setting off security.
I also recall friendly turrets would vanish when you walked off.
Pages: 1 ... 236 237 [238] 239 240 ... 1086