Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 218 219 [220] 221 222 ... 1086

Author Topic: Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A roaming horde appears on the horizon!  (Read 1864991 times)

Akhier the Dragon hearted

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
Re: Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead
« Reply #3285 on: June 04, 2013, 07:11:18 pm »

Another video up, still the same character as the last couple days. i did notice something annoying. When I crafted clean water it worked fine but then when I did it again it used a completely new bottle of water so instead of having an empty bottle to fill with clean water I have 2 bottles of water[1]. This was with the build from a couple days ago.
Join us. The crazy is at a perfect temperature today.
So it seems I accidentally put my canteen in my wheelbarrow and didn't notice... and then I got really thirsty... so right before going to sleep I go to take a swig from my canteen and... end up snorting a line of low-grade meth.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3286 on: June 04, 2013, 08:41:00 pm »

It likes doing that.
I find the best way to deal with it is unload one into the other.
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

IronTomato

• Bay Watcher
  • VENGEANCE
    • View Profile
« Reply #3287 on: June 04, 2013, 08:46:48 pm »

PTW

Now I know why there haven't been any Cataclysm updates, Whales isn't making any more. :(

Akhier the Dragon hearted

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #3288 on: June 04, 2013, 08:50:17 pm »

Yes but that makes it so I can't use the repeat until you can't craft it anymore button. Its also a good bit more tedious. The game should either ask you what water you want to use or use the container with the least amount of water in it so at least you won't end up with a bunch of water bottles[1]

@IronTomato
   Yes it is sad that he stopped but Cataclysm DDA is getting updates quite often and whales is okay with it. Also the windows build is great so its just as good as running a virtual Linux so you don't need to do that anymore.
Join us. The crazy is at a perfect temperature today.
So it seems I accidentally put my canteen in my wheelbarrow and didn't notice... and then I got really thirsty... so right before going to sleep I go to take a swig from my canteen and... end up snorting a line of low-grade meth.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #3289 on: June 04, 2013, 08:54:59 pm »

Does anyone else prefer the old way of making molotovs with booze? Sure you get more use out of your alcohol the new way, but it's turned making the molotovs into a tedious inventory management game. Sticking a rag in a bottle and lighting it is more fun than getting a bottle of vodka, emptying part of it into an empty plastic bottle, figuring out what to do with the last seven units in the glass bottle, then making the molotov (presumably by pouring the booze back in the bottle and then sticking a rag in).

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3290 on: June 04, 2013, 08:56:08 pm »

I just make bandages...
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #3291 on: June 04, 2013, 09:44:18 pm »

You can make bandages! What sorcery is this!?

ollobrains

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3292 on: June 04, 2013, 10:21:35 pm »

making bandages ? getting rag is the first step , sheets ?

The Darkling Wolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Arf!
    • View Profile
    • Cataclysm - Dark Days Ahead
« Reply #3293 on: June 05, 2013, 01:28:43 am »

Does anyone else prefer the old way of making molotovs with booze? Sure you get more use out of your alcohol the new way, but it's turned making the molotovs into a tedious inventory management game. Sticking a rag in a bottle and lighting it is more fun than getting a bottle of vodka, emptying part of it into an empty plastic bottle, figuring out what to do with the last seven units in the glass bottle, then making the molotov (presumably by pouring the booze back in the bottle and then sticking a rag in).
It's a bug, not intentional functionality.
My cabbages!
[Thunderfury, Blessed Blade of the Windseeker]

I am fat, eating is my great joy.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #3294 on: June 05, 2013, 03:56:53 am »

You need rag, 7 units of alcohol and superglue or duct tape. And level 1 first aid I think.

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

The13thRonin

• Bay Watcher
  • Profession: Handsome Rogue
    • View Profile
« Reply #3295 on: June 05, 2013, 08:30:26 am »

Up to 54 pistols included in the mod:

Just added the:

- Springfield XD 9
- Springfield XD 40

today.
I'm Digging Deeper... AGAIN... You Should Too!

Dig Deeper DIAMOND - 750+ items of new content including; new plants, new creatures, new metals, new woods, new gems, new stones, new crafts and much, much more.

Bronimin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3296 on: June 05, 2013, 09:06:12 am »

What was the key to drop a certain number of items from a stack? I have 500 9mm bullets I looted from a military base by blowing up all the turrets, but the bundle weighs 50 (kg?), and I don't think I will ever need that many bullets.

Rez

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3297 on: June 05, 2013, 09:06:55 am »

gold plated deagle brand deagle that weighs 50 units?

Mesa

• Bay Watcher
  • Call me River.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3298 on: June 05, 2013, 10:06:56 am »

Because one of my friends (who's also a fair DF fanatic, but less than I am) plays Cataclysm and even got some of my friends that never heard of roguelike genre into it (one of them anyway), I've decided to jump onto the bandwagon as well.

Only thing is, the controls are nigh-impenetrable for me.
(and I'm too lazy to go through them)

Is there a keymap.txt file with more Dwarf Fortress-like (or at least DFer-friendly) controls scheme?
(it will also help me when I fancy to switch between the two, but for now I'll stick to Cat-aclysm, because it is basically ADVENTURE MODE WITH BUILDING AND PROPER CRAFTING ZOMG! Among other things, but that alone got me sold.)

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #3299 on: June 05, 2013, 10:22:42 am »

What was the key to drop a certain number of items from a stack? I have 500 9mm bullets I looted from a military base by blowing up all the turrets, but the bundle weighs 50 (kg?), and I don't think I will ever need that many bullets.

Just type the number of bullets you want to drop before the bullet-key. So if the bullets are tied to [A], you just write 400A to select 400 out of the 500.
Love, scriver~
Pages: 1 ... 218 219 [220] 221 222 ... 1086