Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 203 204 [205] 206 207 ... 1086

Author Topic: Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A roaming horde appears on the horizon!  (Read 1864755 times)

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
Re: Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead
« Reply #3060 on: May 27, 2013, 04:50:55 am »

Turrets currently don't have any sensing stuff in them. Here's the ingredient list from the wiki:

Code: (Ingredients) [Select]
1x (pipe SMG: 9mm OR Uzi 9mm OR TEC-9 OR Calico M960 OR H&K MP5)
2x processor board
2x RAM
1x power converter
1x plutonium cell

However, there is currently no component that would fill the role. We should add a camera of some kind, that could be dropped by dead bots as well as found as loot in houses.

The turret also doesn't include a motor.

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

The Darkling Wolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Arf!
    • View Profile
    • Cataclysm - Dark Days Ahead
« Reply #3061 on: May 27, 2013, 04:52:53 am »

They also magically generate infinite ammo for themselves.
My cabbages!
[Thunderfury, Blessed Blade of the Windseeker]

I am fat, eating is my great joy.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #3062 on: May 27, 2013, 04:57:09 am »

Yup, just noticed that. Shouldn't be hard to change the recipe to include some 9mm ammo, no? Also, if we add an electric motor to the recipe, how rare are they?

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Vorbicon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3063 on: May 27, 2013, 08:57:54 am »

I never found turrets to be all that useful. They'd always disappear after I saved, quit then loaded the game back up.

Kaitol

• Bay Watcher
  • Heya, Red.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3064 on: May 27, 2013, 05:12:59 pm »

Well. If you're clearing a town, you can set up a killing field at a crossroads with turrets and a noisemaker. Then once they're done just lead any groups you find back if you need to.

beorn080

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3065 on: May 27, 2013, 05:17:40 pm »

The best town clearing tool of all time. A bicycle with mounted flamethrower.
Ustxu Iceraped the Frigid Crystal of Slaughter was a glacier titan. It was the only one of its kind. A gigantic feathered carp composed of crystal glass. It has five mouths full of treacherous teeth, enormous clear wings, and ferocious blue eyes. Beware its icy breath! Ustxu was associated with oceans, glaciers, boats, and murder.

empfan

• Bay Watcher
  • Dungeon Keeper and part-time Firekeeper
    • View Profile
« Reply #3066 on: May 27, 2013, 06:11:09 pm »

hello all.

I've been informed by a friend that it may be possible to tame a dog by giving it something, I wouldn't mind having a traveling meat shield for the wolves/ companion to keep chained inside my LMOE shelter.  However, I think he may be just misinformed or something, because I can't seem to find any keys related to giving it food like he said is required.  So, is it possible?  Thanks for the answer ahead of time.

On another note just died in my first run on the current update, it ended with me being pinned into a door by a blob and being mauled to death by a zombie and his little dog too.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2013, 06:16:30 pm by empfan »

Kaitol

• Bay Watcher
  • Heya, Red.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3067 on: May 27, 2013, 06:16:29 pm »

(a)pply dog food towards it? (t)hrow dog food towards it? Try talking with the dog with dog food in inventory?

empfan

• Bay Watcher
  • Dungeon Keeper and part-time Firekeeper
    • View Profile
« Reply #3068 on: May 27, 2013, 06:17:20 pm »

(a)pply dog food towards it? (t)hrow dog food towards it? Try talking with the dog with dog food in inventory?

Attempted all of those, it ended up with me either eating the food or it just ignoring the food.  As for the talking I just babbled on to myself.

Bronimin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3069 on: May 27, 2013, 06:34:54 pm »

hello all.

I've been informed by a friend that it may be possible to tame a dog by giving it something, I wouldn't mind having a traveling meat shield for the wolves/ companion to keep chained inside my LMOE shelter.  However, I think he may be just misinformed or something, because I can't seem to find any keys related to giving it food like he said is required.  So, is it possible?  Thanks for the answer ahead of time.

On another note just died in my first run on the current update, it ended with me being pinned into a door by a blob and being mauled to death by a zombie and his little dog too.

The only way I have found to tame a dog is to blow a dog whistle while it is on the screen. You get a whistle if you take a 'find my dog at xx location' quest. Not sure if you can find them in the world though. The whistle seems to work on any dog though.

Kaitol

• Bay Watcher
  • Heya, Red.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3070 on: May 27, 2013, 06:55:31 pm »

(D)irectional (D)rop it towards the dog? Fire it from a slingshot at the dog? I know you can do it and I don't think it requires the whistle. activat(e) the dog? Use a railgun to magnetically propel dogfood in a can towards the dog? Beat the dog unconscious and cram it down its throat?

Vorbicon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3071 on: May 27, 2013, 07:08:50 pm »

Got some powered armor, the power armor interface CBM and 80 power. Bringing civilization to the wastelands! Greatly aided by the Joint Torsion Ratchet power source that helps offset the slow drain of the interface CBM. Plus eating all the clothes I come across as well.

ArchAIngel

• Bay Watcher
  • Infested Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #3072 on: May 27, 2013, 07:58:51 pm »

Got some powered armor, the power armor interface CBM and 80 power. Bringing civilization to the wastelands! Greatly aided by the Joint Torsion Ratchet power source that helps offset the slow drain of the interface CBM. Plus eating all the clothes I come across as well.
Eating clothes? Ok, both WHAT and HOW are what is going through my head right now.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #3073 on: May 27, 2013, 08:01:55 pm »

I would join your faction oh mighty clothes-eating one!

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #3074 on: May 27, 2013, 08:13:08 pm »

Eating clothes? Ok, both WHAT and HOW are what is going through my head right now.
See Internal Furnace

http://www.wiki.cataclysmdda.com/index.php?title=Internal_Furnace
Pages: 1 ... 203 204 [205] 206 207 ... 1086