Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 193 194 [195] 196 197 ... 1086

Author Topic: Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A roaming horde appears on the horizon!  (Read 1864335 times)

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
Re: Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead
« Reply #2910 on: May 21, 2013, 05:55:02 am »

Integrated Toolset + Metabolic Interchange/Biomass Burner works great for crafting. Wolf meat is way more common than batteries. (And the integrated toolset let you cook it too).

We need a nuclear-powered welder craftable at high elec/mechanics though.
Yes but actually finding those is not the easiest thing...

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #2911 on: May 21, 2013, 06:31:35 am »

I've been using this save as a starting point to shake things up a bit. You start with higher than normal stats and the robust genetics trait, but you are naked and deep inside a lab with no light source. You've just emerged from a cloning vat. You also start with 3 units of mutagen. That part is optional, but you can consume the mutagen to give yourself mutations from the cloning process.

Can you survive?

Note: Even with robust genetics the mutations you get are pretty random and can easily be bad. I just tried it and got heat dependant/cold blooded and a small useless tail. XD

ArchAIngel

• Bay Watcher
  • Infested Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2912 on: May 21, 2013, 08:37:48 am »

Do the toxic clouds in mines do anything? Or are they just annoying things that get in the way? Also, where would a good place to find a power armor helmet be?

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #2913 on: May 21, 2013, 09:10:17 am »

Army bunkers, or dead military patrols.

As for the clouds, I'm pretty sure they can kill you like smoke does.

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

DWC

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2914 on: May 21, 2013, 10:54:10 am »

Dead scientists and military vehicle wreckage have power armor parts sometimes too. Any kind of smoke or gas is dangerous without a gas mask or something similar, afaik. I've even seen them in military surplus stores on rare occasions. I've never been interested in using the stuff, but I'd probably scout around fields for patrols and wreckage and raid military camps if I was looking to complete a set.

« Last Edit: May 21, 2013, 11:00:42 am by DWC »

DrPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • In Russia Putin strikes meteor
    • View Profile
« Reply #2915 on: May 21, 2013, 11:26:53 am »

Radioactive smoke is radioactive so it will irradiate you.
Would the owner of an ounce of dignity please contact the mall security?

Akhier the Dragon hearted

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #2916 on: May 21, 2013, 03:02:20 pm »

I normally don't like quoting myself but it seems no one saw this (or at the least no one responded to it) when I first posted it so I figured I would give it another try.
   Okay how would one make an animal drop an item. I tried figuring out myself and from what I can see it should be working but for the life of me I can't get the crows to drop feathers. I have an item "feathers" which I can spawn in just fine
Code: [Select]
    {   "type" : "AMMO",
        "id" : "feathers",
        "rarity" : 40,
        "price" : 50,
        "name" : "feathers",
        "symbol" : "=",
        "color" : "light_gray",
        "description" : "Feathers for your hat or maybe you prefer arrows that fly straight",
        "material" : "FUR",
        "volume" : 0,
        "weight" : 0,
        "bashing" : 0,
        "cutting" : 0,
        "to_hit" : 0,
        "ammo_type" : "none",
        "damage" : 0,
        "pierce" : 0,
        "range" : 0,
        "accuracy" : 0,
        "recoil" : 0,
        "count" : 20
    }
and I make a type for it and then set that to the crow
Code: (mapitemsdef.cpp) [Select]
setvector(
    &mapitems[mi_crow],
    "feathers");
Code: (monitemdef.cpp) [Select]
setvector(&monitems[mon_crow],
          mi_crow, 1,NULL);
and I stuck the mi_crow into mapitems.h but no matter how many crows I kill they don't drop any feathers. The feathers works and I can even use them in the recipe I made that uses them but dang it all if crows just don't want to drop the dang things. They also for some reason seem not to be spawning anymore so I assume I really messed something up though I can still spawn them. The stuff mentioned and in the spoilers is the only things I have changed plus the following item and recipe and I just pulled down the latest.
Code: [Select]
    {   "type" : "AMMO",
        "id" : "arrow_fletched",
        "rarity" : 6,
        "price" : 150,
        "name" : "fletched arrow",
        "symbol" : "=",
        "color" : "light_green",
        "description" : "A sharpened wood arrow to which feathers where attached. It's light-weight and does little damage but has better accuracy and range then a normal wood arrow. Stands a good chance of remaining intact once fired.",
        "material" : "WOOD",
        "volume" : 2,
        "weight" : 60,
        "bashing" : 1,
        "cutting" : 0,
        "to_hit" : 0,
        "ammo_type" : "arrow",
        "damage" : 8,
        "pierce" : 1,
        "range" : 2,
        "accuracy" : 16,
        "recoil" : 0,
        "count" : 10
    }

{
            "result": "arrow_fletched",
            "category": "CC_AMMO",
            "skill_pri": "archery",
            "difficulty": 3,
            "time": 5000,
            "reversible": false,
            "autolearn": true,
            "tools": [
                     ],
            "components": [
                              [
                                  ["arrow_wood", 10]
                              ],
      [
                                  ["feathers", 15]
      ],
                              [
                                  ["superglue", 4],
                                  ["sinew", 5],
                                  ["thread", 5],
                                  ["plant_fibre", 5]
                              ]
                          ]
        }

]
« Last Edit: May 21, 2013, 04:40:27 pm by Akhier the Dragon hearted »
Join us. The crazy is at a perfect temperature today.
So it seems I accidentally put my canteen in my wheelbarrow and didn't notice... and then I got really thirsty... so right before going to sleep I go to take a swig from my canteen and... end up snorting a line of low-grade meth.

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #2917 on: May 21, 2013, 03:57:04 pm »

I normally don't like quoting myself but it seems no one saw this (or at the least no one responded to it) when I first posted it so I figured I would give it another try.
I think one of the reasons nobody responded is because you've got code tags in your spoilers, which means that they end up being scrunched down into a code box ~1 line tall, and virtually impossible to read. If you use code tags just use the code tags unless you are posting a tremendous amount of files, the scrolling will automatically keep your post to a reasonable length.

And did you make sure to add a reference to your new crow items vector in monitemsdef.cpp? IIRC mapitems.h defines the various map groups, but monitemsdef.cpp is the one that actually defines which of those groups a particular monster pulls from.
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #2918 on: May 21, 2013, 04:15:48 pm »

Okay, I removed the spoiler tags from it. Also yes I added it to there using the following code:
setvector(&monitems[mon_crow],
         mi_crow, 1,NULL);
So it seems I accidentally put my canteen in my wheelbarrow and didn't notice... and then I got really thirsty... so right before going to sleep I go to take a swig from my canteen and... end up snorting a line of low-grade meth.

Kaitol

• Bay Watcher
  • Heya, Red.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2919 on: May 21, 2013, 04:27:14 pm »

Search four towns and a public works for a welder, nothing. Thirty days in, find a town with two garages. One has one welder. The second had eight.

Screw you game.

Screw. You.

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #2920 on: May 21, 2013, 04:28:11 pm »

The 1 in the monitemsdef.cpp is the percent change that a crow will drop that particular object. Unlike in DF where everything is relative to one another, in this case you have given your crows a 1% chance to drop feathers on death. As this is fairly low, I suggest that you bump it up to something a little higher and you should start seeing feathers.
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #2921 on: May 21, 2013, 04:34:09 pm »

So its a percent, I just copied it from another creature entry. I should have killed enough for a 1% to happen but thats not my luck. Well trying 100 I shall.

Edit: tried putting the number at 100 and at 10 the killed a good number of crows that I spawned in. Still can't find crows out and about naturally either.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2013, 05:29:40 pm by Akhier the Dragon hearted »

Kaitol

• Bay Watcher
  • Heya, Red.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2922 on: May 21, 2013, 05:29:51 pm »

*bumps wreck at 10 mph. 3 wrecks proceed to roll away quickly at roughly 30 mph in different directions. Including the one with no wheels.*

I mean, my car didn't even really touch the wreck. They were adjacent yeah, but nothing was touching I thought.

And they're stuck perpetually recovering from skids. my message log is full of their skid spam.

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2923 on: May 21, 2013, 05:31:17 pm »

Pinball mechanics!

Kevin is working on fixing it.

Meanwhile, I've got us a twitter now! For those who are interested, I'll be posting regular updates to it:
https://twitter.com/CataclysmDDA

ArchAIngel

• Bay Watcher
  • Infested Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2924 on: May 21, 2013, 06:38:23 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Never activate tremors. Unless you wish to die, that is.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2013, 06:55:55 pm by ArchAIngel »
Pages: 1 ... 193 194 [195] 196 197 ... 1086