Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 182 183 [184] 185 186 ... 1086

Author Topic: Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A roaming horde appears on the horizon!  (Read 1864088 times)

Majestic7

• Bay Watcher
  • Invokes Yog-Soggoth to bend time
    • View Profile
Re: Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead
« Reply #2745 on: May 16, 2013, 02:36:31 pm »

Hmh. After loading a save, the map disappeared. I need to explore everything again. Pretty annoying. I had a promising start. I think I'll quit, start a new character and see if it happens again.

CognitiveDissonance

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2746 on: May 16, 2013, 02:47:54 pm »

Hmh. After loading a save, the map disappeared. I need to explore everything again. Pretty annoying. I had a promising start. I think I'll quit, start a new character and see if it happens again.

If I'm not mistaken, this happens if you quit without using the shift+S save and then quit.
Come and be amazed by this wonderful menagerie! Draw your own! Bring your favorite! The [Forgotten Beast Art Contest] is open for business!
Now also available - [The Legendary Artifact Art Contest]! It menaces! It has rings! It has craftsdwarfship!
I have a [YouTube] channel! It has Let's Plays and other stuff.

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2747 on: May 16, 2013, 02:59:19 pm »

I've also heard that if you re-download, the problem has already been fixed (assuming there was a problem, I don't actually know for sure)

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2748 on: May 16, 2013, 03:39:29 pm »

Anyone else finding the game lagging horrifically when reading books or sleeping now?
Nom nom nom

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2749 on: May 16, 2013, 03:44:24 pm »

There appears to be some performance issues with some view code changes recently introduced for the windows version (Mac and Linux still run fine). It's being worked on.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2750 on: May 16, 2013, 07:16:28 pm »

Havent noticed everything.
Including on old (meaning it may be eight years old) laptops i use...
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

ollobrains

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2751 on: May 16, 2013, 09:19:34 pm »

there are daily builds i noticed in todays one that some of thebugs from 0.5 were fixed

Akhier the Dragon hearted

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #2752 on: May 16, 2013, 10:58:40 pm »

Yeah, I noticed that as well. Because of that I decided that instead of how I have been doing it with my videos, instead of just staying to the same build till the next version comes I will be updating anytime I die at the end of a video. Also I have another video out for 0.5
Join us. The crazy is at a perfect temperature today.
So it seems I accidentally put my canteen in my wheelbarrow and didn't notice... and then I got really thirsty... so right before going to sleep I go to take a swig from my canteen and... end up snorting a line of low-grade meth.

Kaitol

• Bay Watcher
  • Heya, Red.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2753 on: May 17, 2013, 12:17:25 am »

*fires law at turret* You barely miss! *no explosion* " must have flown clear past off the other end of the screen" *fires second law* You hit the turret for 4 damage! *Waits. No explosion.* "Huh... a.. dud? Does the game even HAVE duds?" *fires THIRD law, but at the ground in front the turrets. Explosion, turrets gone.* 

Whelp. Took two more of my laws then it should have. But got the job done. Barely had enough ordinance for the other turrets. Better than hoarding and never using them I suppose though.

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #2754 on: May 17, 2013, 12:30:46 am »

A recent commit did that, apparently.
Grenade launchers (Milkor) also never explode on impact, only when you aim at the floor, even with max perception and Grenade Launcher skill. Something seems to be wrong >_>

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

Kaitol

• Bay Watcher
  • Heya, Red.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2755 on: May 17, 2013, 12:54:11 am »

What's the point of glowsticks if they don't help you see any further? I mean, they should probably give you at least one more sight range then absolutely nothing at all. Unless we're talking about the really cheap novelty glowsticks they sell at events and stuff that only look pretty and don't give of any light at all really. Maybe I could read by them? Don't really help me much in this Lab though...

DWC

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2756 on: May 17, 2013, 01:02:52 am »

LAWS and grenade launchers have minimum ranges. The munition doesn't arm unless it's traveled a certain distance, like in real life.

The minimum range is relatively long too. I think after ~18 - 22 they will detonate then.

Can't read with glowstick light. My best guess is that they are for marking doors or intersections for marking areas you've explored in labs and underground. Sorta like real life, they are not really a light source so much as they are meant to be visible in the dark from a good distance like a road flare or something.

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #2757 on: May 17, 2013, 01:07:06 am »

I don't think they do in the game. They explode just fine if you're stupid enough ti shoot the tile next to you. :S Range doesn't really matter.

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

Kaitol

• Bay Watcher
  • Heya, Red.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2758 on: May 17, 2013, 01:20:29 am »

Yeah. I shot at the ground in front of the turrets, which is closer, and they detonated, but when I actually aimed AT the turrets which were further away they didn't go off at all.

DWC

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2759 on: May 17, 2013, 01:24:00 am »

I don't think they do in the game. They explode just fine if you're stupid enough ti shoot the tile next to you. :S Range doesn't really matter.

Well I just blew my test subject up so I guess you're right. I'm not sure what's going on then. Maybe targeting a creature with the grenade and missing causes the grenade to fail to explode? I shot at a wall and 'missed' and nothing happened, but targeted a floor tile and it exploded.
Pages: 1 ... 182 183 [184] 185 186 ... 1086